1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Luca

Luca Member

I don't want to give up on Lin just yet. Give him time to be more consistent as he is still a young player.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if anything, i'd see this team looking to trade Asik if Pau was the goal, the lakers need a backup center (like, they really really really need a backup center) and they'd move jamison to a stretch 4 starter role and would use patterson off the bench, they'd probably actually be a better team and divest about $10m in salary space.

We'd be a better team too, I'm not even sure what to make of Gasol, I don't think he's regressed as much as they've tried to turn a player with an excellent post game (which might well be an understatement, it's arguably the best in the nba) into a stretch 4 at a point of his career he should be looking at 3-5 years playing center.

3. New

That's just absurd... When do you want Rockets to be a contender... Are you thinking about contending next season or in harden's 4th season... I do not see how adding a Gasol makes us a contender next year or even the 3rd season...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giving them Asik for Gasol is helping them out.... Sorry

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that's exactly the point

6. adobo

adobo Member

I still think this team can make the post season and get as high as the 6th position in there conference. Mchail will make the necessary adjustments, asik will improve his catch and finish and hopefully houston can get the solid pf and help in incorporating PnR which i think jeremy needs for him to be more efective. Regarding jeremy, i can see there are a lot of critics against him in this forum, and i think some of it are justified while the rest are just harsh. Looking at his stats so far this year, i would have expected better numbers after watching his game last year for the knicks. I think the main reason why he has not performed as much as expected (other than a drop n usage rate) not having a center or a strong pf that can catch the ball and finish well. I can see his confidence in driving in traffic is not there in a few games ive watched this year since he has no one he can dish the ball to nder the ring when he gets trapped. Watch a vast improvement in his game if a chandler type of teammate is aquired by houston

7. Luca

Luca Member

I agree with you. He needs a center like Tyson Chandler type who can set good screens.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Welp, too bad that centers like Tyson Chandler doesn't grow on trees :( He can even make guys like Raymond Felton look good.

9. ooll33

ooll33 Member

This is very sad:( i went there to watch the game and base on what i saw is they dont look like as a team as before@@ they barely set up screen for lin ... something must be going wrong with their relationship><

10. wenzon

wenzon Member

The Coach has limited plays... When our running game has been contained, our play is just this our PG (either Lin or Douglas) will bring down the ball then give it to Harden at the top. Then spread the floor PG, SF, PF on the 3pt line then wait for harden to move, either harden driving the ball for a layup or kick the ball to them to take a 3pt shot or harden taking a pull up contested 3. This is the play that is running for whole game... Thats why we take 30+ 3pt shot a game..

I seeing a NYN team in this team.. Where as they have Carmelo running the show and we have Harden, the difference is NY has solid D and we don't.

Coach should draw some back door play. Like in NY last year in Chandler setting screen for Lin then Fields or Shampert sneaking at the baseline for an alley hoop.. Jeremy can throw accurate alley hoop passes..

11. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

Christ guys...relax. Just another game. Young team, short amount of time.

B2B away games. Cut everyone a break.

12. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

The other way actually, Raymond, a #5 pick currently in his prime is making Tyson look good, as he should, kinda like Jeremy last season when he got to play.
    Tyson had all the beginning of last year to make Toney Douglasanity happen, but all he could manage was to get him benched for a rookie shooting guard to run PG :( Tyson was also getting trashed by knee-jerking bums who were calling him an overpaid scrub.

Then everything changed when they gave Lin a chance ;)

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Just as Jeremy watched films on other PGs, maybe Asik should study films on Tyson, Dwight and other Centers.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You give Chandler any decent pg and he'll make them look good. He shoots a crazy high percentage because he dunks everything, finishes well, and can set a mean pick and roll.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I think it's something that he'll have to get better at during the off season. Watching films won't make him be able to catch passes better. He also isn't athletic as the guys you mentioned so it's harder for him.

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

How dare you, Douglas is decent!:eek: Hell, some think he should be the primary ballhandler in this team /snicker.

17. Luca

Luca Member

I like Dougie but he is not a PG. He is a SG and better shooter this year than Lin.

18. TTNN

TTNN Member

re-watched the game, and tallied the number of screens set for each other:

1st quarter: Lin got 3, Harden got 5, so total 8.
    2nd quarter: Lin got 1, Harden got 1, Del3no got 1. so total 3.
    3rd quarter: Lin got 0, Harden got 3, Parsons got 2, total 5.
    4th quarter: Lin got 1, Harden got 4, Del3no got 2, total 7.

Also, most screen was set by Asik, seen Parsons set 2 or 3 nice looking ones for Harden, and Lin set one for Del3no was cute, that was in a set of play in 4th quarter where I actually seen 2 screens were set in the same play for different player, and very nice ball movement. Lin set the one for Delfino when he is off the ball.

Not sure about other games or other teams, but 25% possessions have a screen set for any player in the team is kind of low to me, especially we have two best pnr back court.

We are young team, as expected they would make young player mistakes, like missing shots, make TO etc. However, our coaches should try to set our player to success by draw out nice plays, so that our young player could have an easy game, not just use pure youth and athleticism to out run our opponents, and bet our luck on 3s.

1 person likes this.
  19. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

On one of Jeremy Lin fansites, someone attended the game, took alot of pictures and briefly described the game. There were alot of Lin fans there. Jeremy's pre-game smiley face turned to utter serious frustration (probably frustrated with himself) during the game. When benched, he would look down, then one of the assistant coaches approached him, said something to him but he continued to look down. There is a description of this and the game. Jeremy needs to harness that frustration into positive energy on the court, however easier said than done.

In fact, the gifs that appeared on the Parsons/Lin humourous thread was found here.

Beware this is Jeremy Lin tumblr fansite, if you're interested .......

http://heisjeremylin.tumblr.com/

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He's been pretty decent as a backup, more in the Mario Chalmers role.