1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I agree that all things being equal Morey wants a 4 (it is our biggest need), however I also believe Morey when he said he cannot be too picky concerning position. The only position the Rockets are locked in at is the 2.

The obvious candidates at 4 are Aldridge, Love, Millsapp and Jefferson. I do not think Aldridge or Love will be available, and Jefferson clogs the paint. Millsapp is a nice player, but he fits into the good role player mode like Asik and Lin, not sure he helps us enough. The other name mentioned is Smith, but he honestly is not that good.

The Rockets issues are both personnel based as well as coaching. I don't have an issue with McHale, but once the personnel issues are addressed the Rockets need to work on team defense, the P&R and fighting through picks.

2. Luca

Luca Member

I went to the church with my children this morning and didn't watch the game. Can someone please give me a recap of the game. Thanks in advance.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Forgot to add, in an ideal world the Rockets get Love or Cousins and can keep Harden and Lin together. I have no issues with Lin as long as he is not needed to be the #2-3 option every game.

However if there is a three way involving Cousins and the Rockets can get Rondo, they have to upgrade.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Also need someone who can be a scoring threat in paint

5. Luca

Luca Member

Rondo is a great pure PG and needs the ball in his hands a lot. I don't know if it will be good for Harden though.

6. rokit

rokit Member

i agree...

and for all my LOF's here's a vid of jlin's GSW shooting work-out. His mid-range J seems automatic

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oNTJ6zprwDo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. radd

radd Member

other teams are catching on to our run and gun and getting back on d. this is bad because our halfcourt game sucks and it seems like we have no set plays of any kind.

we need a low post player badly, preferably one who is a good passer. we are way too heavily reliant on making 3's.

for these reasons we lost the game.

1 person likes this.
  8. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you for your post. I don't why we like to chuck up 3s either. Why can't we just some mid range. Did Lin suck that bad?

9. brick

brick Member

Greg Smith got 3 rebounds in 4 minutes today. He is the best pick in a PnR because he finishes well. Why don't the coaches give him more time on the floor? I guess because there is no PnR in Rockets' play board therefore Smith don't get balls delivered from our guards. Coaches are not good at it (remember previous guards quitting on coach). Previous flashes of brilliance in PnR between Smith and our guards are more likely due to players' instinct and are not going to be on the future play board. We are lucky just to get into the playoff by the 3 balls.

10. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

The opponents have figured us out. Halfcourt game, pack the paint, double Harden, run and gun on our turn-overs since we don't play D. Asik was capable in this game because he was able to rest in the last few, but this style of play will not work in a series.

- Captain Obvious

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Need more consistency from our PG and PF spots.

12. art

art Member

predictable offense. it's like the days of giving the ball to steve and cutino and let them iso.

13. Luca

Luca Member

Agreed, someone on another forum mentioned that Lin might be considered to be traded. I don't know if it is just rubbish or not.

14. art

art Member

lin, ppat for pau?

15. Luca

Luca Member

Both of their salaries don't add up to Pau' salary though. Pau's salary is around
    $42 millions or something if I am not mistaken.

16. Luca

Luca Member

Sorry my bad, his salary this year is $19 millions & next year $19.28 millions.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

wouldn't have to, since cook's salary was unguaranteed, it left us with nearly 11m in cap space, the other guys added left us about 9.5m under, lin is 8.3, patterson is 2, so we'd still be about 1m under if we took pau (salary matching rules only applies if you are over cap).

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

after his contract is up with LA i highly doubt he'll be worth as much. i think Lin and ppat for him would be a good trade.

19. Luca

Luca Member

Oh, ok thank you.

20. brick

brick Member

Previously it was Harden iso. Opponents double team Harden and games get ugly.
    Now it is Harden and Lin take turns to iso drive. Opponents just pack the paint and games are not fun to watch any more.

Can we have some PnR ? At least Greg Smith can set proper screen and finish.
    Can we have some mid range shoots when 3 balls are not falling ? Even Asik shot a clutch 2 from 10ft way so please don't coach away NBA players' talent.