1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2013.

1. New

That's OK. TD was not playing bad and it's a rebuilding season.
    I only watched 4th quarter today. My main concern is the lack of coordination in defense, especially after Lin was substituted in.

There is one particular play in which Lin fanned his opponent to the side of the court while other Rockets were preparing for Lin to funnel his guy.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Yes we do need the freaking D. I do like the Offense but in order to compete seriously for a title the team needs to get the D going. The Suns and the Golden State Warriors with Run TMC proved it in the past it can not be done with great Offense only.

3. Gil

Gil Member

Sarcasm....

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A young team needs at least one season or more to figure things out

5. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Relax. Past few wins we are gushing on Delfino bailing us out. We know he is streaky, but with a wide margin, you are hoping for Delfino 3s. If he gets hot, the game is ours.

Again, this is one example of Post Game coaching.

6. Peaceful Elbow

We desperately need a good rebounder in the paint. Too many offensive rebounds for our opponents the last two games. Morris and PPat are just terrible, specifically Morris.

7. rockets137

rockets137 Member

If someone (I dont care even if he is a troll) want to blame Lin for this game loss, then he is an absolute joke. joke. joke. Period.

When there are so many others that we can pick to blame,
    the ****in horrible FT percentage (Asik is a joke on FT line and here am I assuming that his FT stat has been increased.), our abused front court (shame shame shame not working at all), Harden TO all nite long.

Give the dude a break, trollsss
    By far, he is our best player in field tonight, pick some other time to come back, would you

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

D-Mo can play but none of us can truly say he's more than ready to be in the rotation. He has a ton of potential but I think he needs a few tweak to his game in order for him to be in the rotation.

But the Rockets lost tonight was just a messy game. They can't hit free throws and can't seem to make any shot. Its just unbelievable how many FTs they missed tonight... Being able to make FTs help with their rhythm but apparently tonight, they can't seem to make anything.

Royce White should always come to games and practices regardless of how much playing time he gets. That's why he is getting paid millions of dollars. You can't expect when players doesn't get playing time, they can just protest and not come to games. No team in the NBA play all of their players. Every team in the NBA has a rotation and they stick to that. The Rockets have a successful rotation that has been playing well this season.

Keep in mind that the Rockets are one of the youngest team in the NBA and they will make tons of mistake and they will slowly learn from it. Trust me, D-Mo isn't going to make this team any better right now until he work on his game and the coaching staff trust him enough to play a vital role for this team.

Why should Royce White get any minutes when he is so far behind? Royce missed training camp and he started his protocol protest just after a few games into the season. Who knows, if he would just keep working on his game and go to practice with the team and do what the coaching staff ask him to, maybe he will be in the rotation by now. But he decided to go M.I.A just a few games into the season when the coaching staff haven't even got a chance to help him work on his game to get into the rotation.

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I'm sorry, ppl think that all we need s a stud PF but we are very deficient in the Center position. Asik has regressed tremendously.... He gives you defensive rebounding but is a huge liability on the offensive end.... cannot catch, cannot hit FT, and gives you no offensive boards. He is never on the floor in crunch time because of this and the lineup is too small. When the shots aren't falling, those are quick empty possessions.

10. torocan

torocan Member

That's not entirely correct.

When Lin entered the 3rd the team was down 8 points, when he left it was down 13 points. In that time, the team missed 6 FT's, Asik had a TO, Parsons had a traveling TO, there were 2 phantom fouls, and there was no shortage of missed shots including Harden going 1/4... Harden finished out the quarter and missed his 5th shot as well.

Of the changes to the line up, sitting Lin through the bulk of the 4th quarter is questionable unless the plan is to specifically rest him for tomorrow night's game.

Like I said, didn't make much sense to me.

11. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

I read box score ;)

12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I'm not talking about minutes. I'm more concerned about when he gets them. I just dislike how McHale always likes to run with TD towards the end of the 2nd quarter to close the half as well as in crunch time. I would have no problem if Lin was stinking up the place but he was solid this game, no turnovers, shooting decently, playing good D on Rondo as well as grabbing boards and getting steals.

13. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

And a PF that actually plays great D.

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

I think TD did well when he was in, so even though Lin sat for quite a long time, as long as the lead was narrowing, it was okay. But when KG started to heat up, that was it for the Rockets. Sometimes dirty mouthed as he is, I wish the Rockets had a KG on the team.

Honestly, Lin played really well tonight against Rondo, and he had some really impressive steals. But you can chalk up this loss to the large number of TOs and FTs missed by everyone. Also tonight, Harden's Eurostep-and1 was just not working. I only hope that teams haven't figured him out because that move has been our bread and butter thus far.

15. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Playing delfino is fine. He's a great shooter. You don't bench a shooter late just because he's been off. It doesn't take much for him to hit those threes again

16. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Prime timmy d would b nice

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Good point about the momentum after bringing it back to 2 points, it's a shame it didn't work out and the celtics went on a big run.

18. nickg

nickg Member

I get it. I would prefer him to keep the streak as well. But this is no different than people wanting Lin to get his and getting torn to shreds

19. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

But even this thread started feeling the need for Lin to get back in there. Why does Mchale make subs that lag behind even our collective basketball minds. You saw it didn't you? I get that TD was out there when we got it back. Great. Thanks. Now, let the starting pg take it from there.

Then you have idiots who comment on how we were catching up because Lin wasn't there and how Lin needs to be traded though he was the best player out there for the Rockets. The bias against Lin is ridiculous.

20. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Jeremy lin is garbage