1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2013.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets don't become complacent. Lakers will bring their best game against us.

2. Luca

Luca Member

I hope so, never underestimate your opponent.

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol what a train wreck. When it rains it pours

4. pnr

pnr Member

We struggled with the Lakers both times we met them this season. I don't think this will be easy to win at all.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This.

Tuesday would probably be the Lakers' most important game of the season, Kobe will come out firing.

If the Lakers lose against us, they are most likely done for the season. They haven't had a difficult schedule, and they have had a ton of home games this season. The worse is yet to come for them. Tuesday is a must win game for them, which means it's going to be a very tough game for us.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Dwight is going to give us hell on defense. He's just so big. im a little worried about harden driving the lane with him down there. We're definitely going to have to be sinking our 3's and mid range shots because we aren't going to beat them in the paint. Lin and Asik are going to have to play good defense. Nash can't get in a good rythm of getting the ball to whoever he wants easily and of course we cant let dwight run the paint. Kobe will score regardless if we play good defense or not. just going to hope he has an off night.

I agree this will not be an easy win at all, the lakers are on a slump and we're their best bet at a win right now out of their next couple of games. because they have SA and OKC after us. so they're banking on a win to get their confidence back.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

not easy for them too with magic mike

8. theaesirsfinest

Every single game I've been to this season has been a blow-out win. I got tickets to this game; I'm hoping the trend continues (preferably without the pansy ass fans that take till the 2nd quarter to get to their seats).

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If we come out and shoot on fire....it's pretty much over. No team in the NBA can guard the type of offense that the Houston's play. Guys are left wide open all the time and that's because we have guards that can penetrate and dish. So, if we made our shots and they're going to be open shots....then it'll be a blow out. If we don't make our shots, then let's hope it's a close one.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Trap game. We lose a close one by a margin of 1-3 points. Heartbreaker. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Please win!

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

It will be interesting to see if Howard doesn't play. If he doesn't I think we can wipe the floor with them because lin & Harden can penetrate easily without having to worry about DH12 shot blocking, Lin in particular. Also an issue with MDA's offense is that it tends to leads to fast break opportunities for the other team so Rockets need to run & pass the ball on the break stop dribbling it up the court. I also hope that Harden doesn't press because he is playing against Kobe he did that last time. Needs to just focus on the team & winning & not force things. Pau & DHoward also give up a lot of Orebs so I hope Smith & Asik see some minutes together.Pau is terrible at boxing out so hopefully Patt doesn't get outmuscled by him. We need to hit outside shots if we do we can really spread the floor & the driving lanes will be wide, even more wide because the Lakers D is atrocious.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Kobe called his team old yea good luck keeping up with us

14. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

TD plays well against the Lakers the team that originally drafted him, but traded him on draft day to NY.

He's especially motivated to beat his old coach Mike D'Antoni who sat him in the doghouse and nearly destroyed his career in NY.

TD should be given a shot to play big minutes off the bench.

Last time these two teams met, you could see the fire in TD's eyes as he scored 22 points off the bench.

15. adamzee

adamzee Member

toney would be a great fit for the lakers atm. the irony.

hope uglas goes for 50!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n7pK8vQeePM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

yup, screw with magic mike!!

17. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

If Dwight doesn't play I'd be disappointed if we don't drop 130 on them. Despite the Lakers' struggles, Dwight has been a huge factor in both our games, even with his missed free throws last game.

His presence inside really affected Lin & Harden's game and he easily got the best of Asik this year. If we can keep pressing and push the tempo we should be able to beat them by forcing him to rotate out of the paint to cover for Nash and Kobe though.

Hopefully there's very little ISO-Harden this game, and we don't make too many errant passes while being able to keep an uptempo against a bad defensive team.

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

fastbreak their lumber giants

19. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Games&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Con&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Overall&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Magic&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</B>
    <B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Team&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W/L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;H2H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Left&nbsp;&nbsp; TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Div&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Conf&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TB&nbsp;&nbsp;TieBreak&nbsp;&nbsp;Number &nbsp;Diff</B>
    &nbsp;1&nbsp;OKC&nbsp;Thieves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;26-7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-2&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;14-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;56</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;2&nbsp;Clippers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;27-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-0&nbsp;&nbsp;2H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18-5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;55</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;3&nbsp;Spurs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;27-9&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1H&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-0&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;14-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No*<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;54</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;4&nbsp;Grizzlies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;21-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-1&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-2&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;11-7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;53</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;5&nbsp;Warriors&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;22-11&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,2A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-9&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;52</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;6&nbsp;Rockets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20-14&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-0&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-12
    &nbsp;7&nbsp;Nuggets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;20-16&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-1&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,2A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;47</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;8&nbsp;Blazers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;18-15&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;7-3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-2&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;12-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;48</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;9&nbsp;Wolves&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15-15&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;48</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    10&nbsp;Jazz&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;17-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4-6&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-1&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;11-14&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;45</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    11&nbsp;Lakers&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;15-18&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-1&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,1A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;9-13&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;45</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    12&nbsp;Mavericks&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;13-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-1&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,2A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-4&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;No<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;42</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    13&nbsp;Kings&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;13-21&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-4&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-0&nbsp;&nbsp;1H,2A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-13&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;42</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    14&nbsp;Suns&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;12-23&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-8&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;0-0&nbsp;&nbsp;2H,2A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6-12&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;T&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Tie<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;40</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(-1)
    15&nbsp;Hornets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;8-25&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2-0&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2A&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1-5&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;L&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;3-16&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;W&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes<B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;38</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

* Indicates the Tie Break is final

Here is the latest batch of Magic Numbers after all games were played on <B>January 6</B>.

I'm really excited to watch this game. Especially with the Lakers being down, this is a game that the Rockets should win at home. Gotta kick this team while they're in a funk. I'm worried that the Lakers are viewing this game as their best chance to avoid a six game losing streak with games against the Spurs and Thieves coming up next. If they fall to 15-21, that means they have to go 30-16 to make it to 45 wins, which is probably the minimum it'll take to grab that #8 spot.

The Rockets have been taking care of losing teams and even the non-elite lately. They really need a win against a conference opponent with a losing record, and getting into a commanding position for the tie break with LA is not a bad thing just in case we wind up jockeying for a playoff spot with them in May.

I like the Rockets in this game as long as they play smart. They are so much more athletic and should look to push the pace constantly. I hope Asik can get back to grabbing boards, because he's so good at pushing the ball to Lin, Douglas, or Harden so they can initiate the break. I also hope to see Greg Smith getting some time and hopefully physically overwhelming a hobbled Dwight. Hopefully they can keep their turnovers low like the last game (10). The Lakers aren't as athletic, and I don't see them jumping passing lanes on the Rockets as much. If the Rockets can avoid carelessly throwing the ball away, they can really make the Lakers play efficient offense to have a chance to win.

As long as we are aggressive and push the pace, keep turnovers from getting out of hand, and don't go completely ice cold from the three, I think this is going to be a big Rockets win. I'll say 118-94.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Scribo, why do you call OKC Thieves? They seem like gifters to me every time I think about James Harden.