1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2013.

1. torocan

torocan Member

This. There are few more dangerous opponents than one that is cornered.

Expect them to come out hard against us.

2. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Too many close games recently. Let's for for the blowout! Parsons gets out of his funk and the Rockets light the Lakers up again. Hope they changed their big-boy pants!

Go Rockets!

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Lakers are the worst team when it come to fast break...someone can check on that. Also they're horrible when it comes to guarding pick n roll...because Gasol sucks so bad. He constantly getting exploited in the Playoffs lol. So i am sure we can do the same with guards penetration. They're not good stopping guards from penetration. One reason is because they sucks at rotation or too slow or lack of communications. The only guy on their starters than can keep up with the Rockets is Kobe. Everyone else from Nash, Gasol, Artest and Howard. They're slow to me.

4. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

A must win, can't let them get back to being a playoff contender.

5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Rockets will fast break the Lakers to death. Worst team at defending the break vs best breaking team in the league.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

With their loss to the Nuggets tonight, we can break the Lakers season with a win on Tuesday. We've been giving up a ton of offensive rebounds lately and LA can take advantage of that. Unlike our recent competition, the Lakers are very potent offensively so we can't afford to give them any second chances. I hope we run them off the floor.

Gasol is a zero on the defensive end. Jrue Holiday literally ran a circle around him in the paint to score a layup.

7. pnr

pnr Member

Lin doesn't do well against the Lakers. I think he loses his confidence when his shot gets blocked at the rim and Dwight does that to him all the time... Hopefully we get a lot of fastbreak points...

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8iWWFk6TX18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lin was in a funk and has been breaking out. Nash will have a tough time staying in front of him.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Durant goes off on us, again.

10. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

This game got picked up on NBATV Tuesday Fan Night Game. Will it be blacked out in Houston?

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Nash can't guard a office chair anyways.

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

We win.

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

The Rockets might play a little slower to save some energy for that 4 games in 5 nights. Don't expect the Rockets to run lights out for this stretch because of those 4 nights in 5.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Let's hope Parsons or Delfino guards Kobe.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I sincerely think that this is the most important game of the season for the Rockets.

16. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Wow, I just read the article on espn with Dwight's quotes about the team chemistry, I didn't know it was that bad...apparently they have to pretend to like each other on the court even if they don't outside of the locker room? That is just sad. And the Jordan hill incident? If anyone of our players go down on the court, you know every one of our guys will be sprinting across the court to help them up. This is why I love our team so much, they get along and play fun team basketball that is leading us to wins.

17. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, I watching them loose to Denver, he couldn't guard Lawson nor Miller. D12 or Kobe had to step in to bail him out. Offensively he is still great though.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

too many egos and divas, I knew it would never work ..

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

"@mcten: Dwight Howard aggravated his right shoulder strain during the game. He'll have an MRI on Monday morning"

"@KevinDing: Pau cut the bridge of his nose but should be OK for Tuesday in Houston. Dwight said he'll see what MRI on right shoulder reveals tomorrow."

Dwight had 26 rebounds today. Will make a huge difference whether he's in or out.

20. mingthething

mingthething Member

As Sam Cassell would say: "Its a Trap!"