1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2013.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I edited my comment around a little. I hope it clears that up a little, and no having a different opinion is definitely not being a hater. If I did hint that, I apologize. I'm just frustrated at Lin's poor play as I do believe he has potential to be special.

2. Champ06

Champ06 Member

This! That is as good a reason why Mchale play both at the same time. Harden & Douglas, Harden & Lin, Lin & Douglas and at time, Harden, Lin & Douglas. Anyway, all good for Rockets. Who really care whether Harden, Lin or Douglas is on the bench, as long as Rockets win and I can sleep well. ;)

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Well first of all, comparing Lin's bad games to Kobe's bad games is such an inconceivably bad comparison I don't even know how the two relevant. Might as well compare Lin's bad games to Michael Jordan's while you're at it.

That being said, Lin should remain the starter of this team simply because Douglas cannot run it. Even when Lin has bad games, Toney's playmaking abilities are so bad they make Lin's poor play look good in comparison. Unfortunately what's also true is that Lin would not be a starter on most Western playoff teams because he's not playing like one. Just because the Rockets have a terrible backup option (terrible in a playmaking sense) doesn't excuse Lin's own poor play.

Coming into this season my expectations of Lin were cautiously optimistic. After he started playing well for a span of 10 games or so, I had hopes he'd continue to work on his consistency. I certainly hope he doesn't regress back to the style of play he exhibited in the first 20 games of this season.

New game today, this time without a dominant shotblocker in the game. I think this game will be a great game for Lin. I'm especially looking forwards to his defense on Kyrie Irving and hopefully a better offensive game as well.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

we just need Lin to get that arch out of his shot and he will start hitting more from perimeter. Its crazy that he shoots rainbows like iggy which his why they both struggle to hit

5. raskol

But he inexlicably plays TD as point and Lin as sg when they are out there together, I get the "herd of horses" and attack with variety concept, but once we get the first play off after rushing past the half court line, I'd personally move Lin to the top every time to get the ball back from TD and have TD spot up for the corner 3. That way, we are positioned better than Lin in the corner and TD at top. Harden can do whatever he wants, just not too much iso please... unless he wants to. lol.

6. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I hear you, though I credit Toney's leadership and sportsmanship in helping Jeremy along. Watching him since NY, he's been such a good guy and team player (who I hope has not reached his ceiling, because this team needs him to do what he's doing).

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Without a doubt the young man has talent and potential... That's something that can't be argued....

8. raskol

Lin is lost right now. Harden and TD figured out their role but Lin hasn't.

Harden: Give me the ball up top I'm gonna stream roll it through or rain 3s out here till they let me steam roll it through again. I'm da man!

TD: Coach says I bring it up the fastest and that I can shoot 3s so I'm gonna bring it up real real fast everytime and shoot 3s everytime I'm open. Yay.

Lin: uhh. How do I get Harden involved without deferring too much? Reminder to self, be aggressive, be be aggressive... Darn it, I forgot again.

If any of Lin's folks are watching, guys Lin must go get the ball from TD when he's initiating up top, Lin in the corner is useless. Yes, we've all seen that once the initial play breaks down, Lin can come out of the corner, come off a screen and use the pnr to penetrate but it's predictable and only sometimes effective. Sometimes, he just sits there uninvolved playing lazy. Lin, you're most effective when doing the high pnr above the 3pt line and in motion able to take advantage of your acceleration and change in speed. If you don't want to be embarrassed missing those 3s, go get the freakin' ball so you can play point. Demand it from TD and from McHale that you need the ball up top to be useful. Don't just follow the company policy and sit in that corner and think you'll be okay as long as you listen. Don't be that guy. And don't forget to be aggressive. Be be aggressive.

#1508 raskol, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Good post.. And defensively _ Lin is playing just as good as any point guard in the league.

10. raskol

And him playing like garbage once in a while and not deserving of a pass, especially from fans who he has not done jack for, can't also be argued....

Luckily, Harden's a G and we're winning even when playing bad. Hopefully, the stars align and we'll be celebrating a good year come post-season. I hope TD and Lin will contribute...
    F*** it, I'll be straight up. Lin better shows signs of stardom by the end of this year or I'm a be upset and feel like a liar. Go Rockets!

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Harden better be playing a better D to be considered an elite player. Not arguing with his offensive skills, but his D really sucks.

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

JLin is a scoring point guard trying to transition to a true point guard. I say he's a scoring point guard because when he introduced himself to the world last season in NY _ during those first six or seven games _ He averaged 19 shots a game. When he went off against the spurs this season he took 21 shots. He's trying to find the medium and be unselfish...

When I say I would bench him _ I don't mean permanently. Just as a mental kick in the @$$. Greg Popovich use to do Tony Parker like that... I think a lot of what's going on with Lin on the offensive end as far as not being able to hit the outside shot and bad passes (although all the bad passes aren't his fault but he still gets the credit) is more of a mental thing.

13. jeddah

jeddah Member

SMH..And while we are at it too, though my English is not good, but I never compare Lin on Kobe...I am not comparing Lin's bad games against Kobe's bad games..What I am saying is that all players have their own bad games one way or another..It's not specifically on the same level....

Also, in what NBA team does a starter changes in rotation because Starter A sucks against this team so Starter B should start...we can't change starter as if we are changing clothes that's why I am saying that Lin will remain as our legit starter....

And I am not making excuses for Lin's poor play...he is human after all and there will be times that no matter what he do it'll not be enough..

And I am a fan of Toney since NY days...And was basically happy because he was ship to Houston to reunite with Lin....he is a good man, that is all that matters to me..

14. catch22

catch22 Member

Why every thread is turning into a lof vs. loh? Seriously both camps need to stfu. Clutch should ban the word Lin for a few days, just to give us the real fans some quiet time

1 person likes this.
  15. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

They just weren't giving our team any credit at all when it came to fighting back. they were saying stuff like "don't let them fool you, it's not houstons defense that are causing the turnovers" "I think even rockets are shocked at the lead that they have right now" then at moments when we were getting careless with the ball, like parsons bringing it up and he fumbles it, the announcers would say "wow look at that bucks defense" like **** bro, the bucks weren't even near CP.

One of them also said when you can use both hands efficiently, you were "amphibious" um no k. The other guy corrected him and said it was ambidextrious which is right and the guy was like no, it's amphibious. Ugh, I know I'm ranting but it was a struggle just to listen to those idiots talk yesterday. Feel lucky you didn't have to hear them. Damn homers.

16. Peaceful Elbow

Love the sound effects lol.

The last two and a half minutes of the game was pretty epic. I wonder if anyone got the video of that :grin:

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the sound fx were awesome nice vid KnicksKiller.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The last thing we need is for the coaches to pull bench due to knee jerk reactions..... we all know how those game ended. Lin has been successful no matter what team he is on....so don't disrespect what he brings to the team.

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Dont your real fans talk about lin at all? So are you real Rockets fans? LOL

20. Nook

Nook Member

First, his D doesn't suck, overall it has been average and the advanced statistics back it up. Second, the main culprit is that the Rocketd as a team do not play picks or switch well. That is why sometimes you will see a point guard score on Lin or a shooting guard have a big game against Harden. It is also the reason why Asik has not been quite as good, in Chicago they switched as well as any team in a decade.

Last, if playing defense keeps players from being superstars, then Kobe, Anthony, Durant and others are not superstars.