1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2013.

1. split41

split41 Member

Man, I love this. A team that gets along together are always a better team, but it also makes me love this team that much more. :grin:

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

What did they say? I kept seeing all the posters here saying how bad the Bucks announcers were... I guess good thing I have CSN..

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

A DOF? :eek:

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Exactly. Their is reason why Jennings and Ellis are shooting a worse % than Lin this season. I think they're better players but Lin doesn't seem concerned by his numbers, just if his performance beneficial for the win.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

And we still have room for another max contract player. ;)

7. VanityHalfBlack

I'm still in shock at how bad we embarrassed the bucks last night.. Watch the game again and just look at all the things that we did to them... I mean they couldn't figure us out in the 2nd half at all, it was just ridiculous... What are we 13-2 against the East????

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

and Carlos fan would be DelOF

9. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'm sick of this East/West conference business. Just have the best 16 teams in the playoffs. Over 10 would be Western teams.

10. torocan

torocan Member

The Western Conference. Where 20-10 gets you the #5 seed, and 46 wins gets you the 8th spot....

11. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Finished HOU-MIL. Rox have reached terrifying DEN point, where if you're not 100% on top of your transition D, may as well start down 15-0.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/287563105213489154" data-datetime="2013-01-05T14:16:01+00:00">January 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

watched the game on nbatv as usual from singapore and was in clutchfans chat irc. I was hyped for Jeremy Lin to improve and be agressive today. Man, was I disappointed. Really stunk up the 1st half. So much that I couldn't watch anymore , then I came back to check on the IRC and realized that he got hit in the head and was out and the Rockets were on a comeback! Didn't expect him to comeback in at the crucial moment. We won!! and he redeemed himself. I am still not happy with his performance, but then I thought about it. What a comeback for the Rockets and they did it as a team. Not seen since Lazarus raised from his grave!
    And that kung fu picture really inspired me as a fan. Maybe there is something real in this team.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KY58tf8EmXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 people like this.
  13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

No, everything I have said cannot be used for Toney. Lin is a playmaking pg with a currently broken shot. Toney is the anti-Lin, a non-playmaking pg with a currently solid 3 pt shot. Or are you saying that they both helped the Rockets win therefore it doesn't matter who plays more minutes? Yes, Toney has helped us win games. But one thing he hasn't done and doesn't do is create plays. And so, I said that we'd lose often as we'd lack playmakers. Playmakers can come from the perimeter or the post, but there should be multiple in this day and age to be successful. Though Lin has been inconsistent, TD just in general is not a playmaker. Harden will have to create for Asik, Mook, Patterson, Parsons all by himself, and as great as Harden is, he is not a true point guard and we'd end up playing more iso than we are now, negating our advantage.

Secondly, your concept of Lin going to the bench to stagger minutes with Lin is a lie. It's either a boldface lie to avoid being labeled a hater, or you've not thought it out clearly. Lin already plays near every minute that Harden is not on the court. Unless you want him to play less minutes in favor of playing TD more, going to the bench would not gain even 3 minutes more time alone without Harden. As you clearly are not the lying type, you seem quite honest and sincere, I'm going to assume that you do not like Lin the player and think TD is the better player for this team. That is where I will disagree with you emphatically.

You've probably heard how overrated and hyped Lin was prior to when he came here and as you've never seen him play (save a couple of games) his bad play thus far has proven to you that indeed that he is not as good as previously reported. I mean, you may have seen his hard work, defense (not that it's perfect, far from it), potential to penetrate, and court vision (w/ lazy dumb passes interspersed here and there) as he has demonstrated that even here, but it's been mixed with performances such as today and so you probably conclude that Lin fans only see the good side and gloss over the bad. That is a fair assumption but it's not true. You will rarely if ever see haters or doubters of Lin who has seen his body of work. Really. All the haters have not seen many of Lin's games and thus the wildly inconsistent player who sometimes leaves dog poop all the court (which is what I see once too often), is what he is to them. But that's never how it works. Water seeks its own level. You have not seen Lin's games in college or in NY. Lin's shot has not always been broken, just like Love's shot has not always been broken, and will not always stay broken. Probably not even for this entire year. Once a respectable shot comes back, and it will, it doesn't just disappear you know though you can have bad streaks, the penetration, playmaking, and scoring punch he brings will be an asset we need going forward whether or not we get one more star. I have complete confidence having seen Lin throughout his career that he will be a valuable asset, not just an asset, a valuable one, in the next couple of years. Upping TD's minutes is a short-sighted and rather uninformed move, imo, as the potential for Lin is there, whereas TD may be already at or near his max potential. Coming off the bench is not a problem. But not for TD. That's ridiculous.

#1493 raskol, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  14. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

This nice young team is blessed to have mature brothers like Carlos, Toney and Omer to keep them grounded; they don't need distractions or dirty players. James has a great temperament, and goes about his brilliance calmly. Chandler and PPat also have wonderful demeanors under pressure. Jeremy's diligence at upgrading his skill level on different aspects of the game will pay off big time. All the members of this team have potential, and a number of them have demonstrated the sort of character that will take them beyond their natural talent.

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

LOVE IT!

16. GIGO

GIGO Member

Is this your work? Wow, props to you.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Actually Douglas has more NBA playing time than any of the PGs...

You just said Lin plays off the ball _ well Douglas is a better off the ball player because he can catch and shoot.

And if Lin plays off the ball, he is not running the offense.

But it doesn't matter... Together JLin and TD make one GREAT point guard. They each bring something to the table.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>+16 transition vs MIL, 70-54 MT @<a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA">ZachLowe_NBA</a> HOU has reached terrifying point. If not 100% on top of transition D,may as well start down 15</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/287571610771259392" data-datetime="2013-01-05T14:49:49+00:00">January 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Like I said, just my opinion. But I didn't know if people had different opinions that would make them a hater though...

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

very nice work