1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Shame on you."; House Republicans fail to vote on Sandy aid bill.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

it seems like the House has sunk to new lows.

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2013/01/02/christie-on-house-gop-shame-on-you/

The inevitable backtrack after the Grade 7 "ima screen your calls now Christie"---

seriously, what is happening?

Does the Speaker have a shred of credibility left? Does anyone trust in the House to do, well, anything?

This would be almost comical if it wasn't for the millions that will suffer as a result, and if it wasn't happening in the legislative body that happens to have the world's most powerful nation in its' drivers' seat.

shame.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'd be surprised if Boehner is re-elected Speaker.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qh2sWSVRrmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. dback816

dback816 Member

Can modern Republicans do anything right?

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

They deny reality pretty well.

6. Northside Storm

Commodore, apart from your utter indifference for your fellow citizens, you could at least delight in the fact that your legislative body promised a vote, didn't deliver it, and ignored the governor of New Jersey, a member of the same party, like he was a mule.

7. Commodore

yes that fat pig governor wants to borrow $60 billion and stick me with the bill

pardon my indifference, but screw him

relative to the global population, our fellow citizens are doing just fine, even Sandy victims

Kids with cancer or people starving in Africa are more in need.

In lieu of pork to the ****** windbag, please donate here:

http://www.lls.org/#/waystohelp/donate/

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Christie is just posturing for a run at the POTUS in 2016

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Chris Christie is the MAN! I respect him tremendously. He is the rare Republican with a national profile that has integrity. He's probably burnt too many bridges with the kooks in his party for it to happen, but I'll give him a very close look if he runs for president.

Christie is a guy who might have a chance to rescue the national GOP from the tea party nutcases.

Anybody who can intimidate the clueless House GOP idiots into action shouldn't be underestimated. Dems should just offer token opposition in the 2014 NJ's governor's race because they don't have a chance against this guy.

10. Commodore

a true profile in political courage, bravely demanding other people's money, feigning indignance when we don't pay up

it's effective I'll give him that much, look at all the folks here stroking his ego

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He isn't demanding other people's money. He's asking the nation do what it's ALWAYS done. Come together to help out in times of great need. It's always happened. It's AMERICAN tradition.

You are tossing fellow Americans' need out the window in favor of regionalism. You don't like it, because they aren't in your area.

What a horribly unAmerican thing to do.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize that part of the reason for the Federal Government is to provide disaster relief? That goes under the "promote the general welfare" line in the Preamble.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...where's Obama's leadership on this issue?

answer: he's on a plane to resume his vacation in Hawaii

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyway it looks like I should've gone with a flashier title for my earlier thread. Mod please merge these threads.

15. Commodore

no asking about it

quite the opposite, it's others that are appealing to nationalism

My reasons for not liking it are not geographic. That would be irrational.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Crazyville...

17. Commodore

Trying to remember from my history class the disaster relief agency the founders set up. It must have existed if that's what people understood that phrase to mean when it was written.

18. Commodore

I'm in awe of your rational argument.

19. Northside Storm

has it just become a thing where "screw you, others" has become an acceptable thing.

i dunno, I feel like I missed the boat on that.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Obama has no real power. His just the pawn that gets all the ridicule, more so, than any other president of majority back ground would when this don't go along accordingly. I don't feel sorry for him because he wanted the job and all the blame deflected from his puppeteers that put him office. They really have a convenience with a black man's face on continuing war hypocrisies that continue to this day. When I read stuff like Obama's drones I laugh. More like the war industries drones such as Boeing etc who profit from the mess around the world.