1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Kelvin Sampson candidate for Brooklyn coaching job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 28, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Amid @<a href="https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba">wojyahoonba</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/kbergcbs">kbergcbs</a> reports Houston asst. Kelvin Sampson is Brooklyn candidate, I'm told Nets haven't asked Rockets for permission</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/284782650877677569" data-datetime="2012-12-28T22:07:29+00:00">December 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>That would make sense, since folks close to it said yesterday that search won't begin in earnest until after New Year- <a href="http://t.co/NFXzT6jO" title="http://usat.ly/ZG4jDn">usat.ly/ZG4jDn</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/284782866926280705" data-datetime="2012-12-28T22:08:21+00:00">December 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. just a word

just a word Member

I'm a Lin fan and you are wrong. :rolleyes:

3. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

can we send lin with him too :rolleyes:

4. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I hope he takes the job if it's offered. I never trusted the guy.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why? because he has a hidden agenda or vendetta?

6. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I didn't agree with some of the things he did(or seemed to do) early on as the head coach, but I can see why you and other members of the media would enjoy talking to him. He seems honest and straight forward and answers the question. Doesn't try to talk around a question.

Dumb question, If he was hired as a head coach would he run the defense and hire an AC to run the offense?

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I hope he doesn't become the next Thibodeau. That would suck.

That said I do wish him all the best if he leaves.

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Because what he says in interviews does not correlate with what he does on court. He's also made some silly mistakes costing the Rockets games, and incorrectly analyzed other games.

I can see why the Nets would be interested though. He gives good interviews and seems like a breath of fresh air.

1 person likes this.
  9. instar

instar Member

i hope he gets the job. he did a decent job while maHale's gone, l think he'll do alright in brooklyn. players seem loe him and we have good thing going right now, don't wanna any kind of big change though.

10. OpportunityCost

You dare doubt the sagacity of the highly astute and rational ClutchFans critics? But seriously though, I think Sampson has a great basketball mind -judging from watching his OU teams play. I think he'll go a good job where ever he goes.

11. mazinger

mazinger Member

Great, another Lin only fan. Get over it dude.

12. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You're pretty stupid if you think I'm a Lin only fan, considering I first started following the Rockets in 2004 and joined in 2008.

I dislike any coach that says one thing and does another, regardless of situation or player.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

Is it frowned upon to poach assistant coaches during the season?

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Wow. Did not know this.

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

YOF turned LOF or basically Asian only fan?

17. Nook

Nook Member

I am well aware of the history. However I also know those teams need a reserve point guard to defend and hit open shots. Times and circumstances change, and the coach does not have the ultimate say.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I have no idea why so many of you guys don't like Sampson. People just like to hate on coaches. Oh, and the Lin fans think he is racist I guess.:rolleyes:

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If I were him, I wouldn't do it. Brooklyn Nets right now is a minefield. They have two stars Williams and Johnson, but I don't see how their games can mesh. Johnson in ATL was doing pretty much hero ball.

It could get ugly quickly, so the next coach might not stay long unless the owners support him 100%.

20. mazinger

mazinger Member

You aren't fooling anyone. Nice try though. Better luck next time sparky.

1 person likes this.