1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 12/26/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Lin- facebook

2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

this +1

3. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

on nights like these i still dont see why mchale a big himself doesnt run some post plays with asik and smith. :confused:

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Parsons played 35 min on a gimpy knee. Lin w 1 assist 7 turnovers. Otherwise, no worries. Great W!

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you said it yourself. delfino has been huge for us this year you are crazy if you want to get rid of him.

1 person likes this.
  6. autoprt

autoprt Member

i'm glad adelman isn't the rockets coach, he always looks pissed off. coach mac is definitely the best coach for this team. at first i didn't think so but since he was away now i see he is good for the team.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I dnt think I'm mistaken but k love had 7 points in the 1st quarter and never scored again? James harden is a beast top 5 player in the game by next month. I thought it would at least take till seasons end but ill take it. I. Still amazed okc let him go if anything they should have got rid of Westbrook or just signed him and figured it out later. Ohh well glad he's a rocket cause our future is bright and I believe we're 1 Allstar away from wcf it's about to go down in The H I love it. Thank you James Harden we r blessed to have you on this team. A true superstar in every sense and he hasn't even hit his prime. The rest of the league should be very scared. I bet the wizards feel like idiots right now hardens worth more than their whole roster.

8. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

True. Lin was going to the basket with the mindset of pass in the first half which got him in trouble, and four of his turnovers. He played a little better when he had the scoring mindset.

He hit a crucial jumper and contributed to Barea losing the ball. Really, though, it was Harden when it counted. Harden's ability to Manu Ginobili his way into the lane to make a soft shot or pass to a cutter is precioussssssssssss

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This type of win was very important. The Rockets did not have their a-game, the calls were not going their way, they were down by double digits close to the end of the 3rd and trailed most of the second half on the road. All things were going against them but their superstar was able to put the team on his back and they squeaked out a last second win!

These wins build character and gives you confidence to win close games on the road. This was a great win for such a young team.

10. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

For both sides. Who was the tall bald ref? He was terrrrrrrible.

11. thejav

thejav Member

i wouldnt talk **** about that ref..if i were you..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-dWAmd4Zh4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

It's one thing when on a fast break, Delfino is the first to get the ball and run fast and one pass to another player to score. (In past games, Delfino's twice steal-and-dunk was good play.) It's another when in half court, Delfino tries to dribble and make plays when Harden and Lin both there. He is not better than those two guys at playmaking and he should just stick with spot up shooting.

13. split41

split41 Member

I agree with type raba

If it works then I'm all for it, but I think a set play would give Harden a better chance to get a good shot up. Harden hitting those big shots tonight were more a sign of Harden's superstardom than good crunch time coaching. But hey, whatever gets us the W. Iso all the way if Harden or whoever can do it consistently!

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Other than point guard play, it was a well played game.

Big props to Asik who pulls down 20 rebounds like its no big thing.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Great win and yeah KLove isn't playing well. I don't think he scored again either. He should have waited longer to come back from that injury.

16. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

Complaining about the reffing all game. However the t-wolves did bear some of the bad calls in the last quarter. Ugly win, but important win against a conference opponent. Rockets showing that they can win on the road. Next 2 games are Spurs and Thunder, which I are incredibly important. Need to at least split, to show the league the legitimacy of the Rocket's playoff push against the top teams in the West.

17. kozmo

kozmo Member

I cannot beleive that youre blaming Lin for 3 good passes to a pro nba player whos unable to catch the ball.....no one played well....and they won....

It was one of those nights, thats it

18. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Well played game? It was an ugly game. Fortunately Harden bailed us out in the forth quarter.

Don't just read the stats sheet, watch the game. It was ugly from the beginning to end.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lemme say it again, shooting 37% from the field and only 10.3 PER. He's been abysmal statistically, and he fails the eyeball test too because he jacks up way too many contested long range jumpers.

Not sure if I buy into "clutchness" in the first place, but even if you do, there is no way it compensates for Delfino's godawful efficiency numbers :eek:

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Is it just me or did the team try to play individually rather than as a team. Too many players trying to get off by forcing it rather than trusting that the rock will come back and that holes will open up. As an example Chandler who i love btw tried to get his rather than pass it on several occasions, I thought. We play better collectively and as of now only Harden gets a pass for getting selfish. And even that I'm not a big fan of.
    Granted, Minnesota played great D under Adelman but still too many isos in my opinion. Hopefully it won't be a trend.

#1500 raskol, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012