1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Shwab be the starting QB Next Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Honey Bear, Dec 23, 2012.

?

?

1. Yeah, he still needs another 6 years to adjust and reach his ceiling

30.8%
  2. No

49.5%
  3. I'm too overweight and apathetic to care

19.6%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Think of this as an IQ test.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Schaub didn't lose the game, the offensive line and Kubiak's "smart" play calling did

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Yes only because who is available that is better than him?

TJ Yates...idk

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is no better alternative.

5. macho87

macho87 Member

5 yrs $66 mil. for this guy.

6. Summer Song Giver

This team has come plummeting back to middle of the road at best. Every question mark we've had is being answered negatively. Schaub, Kubiak, the secondary, the o-line, Foster and the linebackers: if anybody has anything positive to say about who I just listed I'd like to hear it.

They'll be fortunate win in their first game, anyone with fantasies of winning against Denver or New England is delusional at this point.

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Does Schaub ever call audibles? I never see him change up a play.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Wow, 2 threads started over the same topic within an hour...it's clear to see how weak Schaub makes you and how your thoughts are forever dominated by him. It's amazing how Houston sports dominate your life for someone so "worldly".

I thought cultured, well adjusted, "men" would be better than this. Meh, why don't you just come out and let everyone know what a complete fraud you are and how you spend more time keeping up your fake persona than you do performing the chores your mom demands you do to keep your basement hangout? I'm sure Macbeth would be proud...

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Only savages as for qb changes:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  10. Honey Bear

Both Kubiak and Susan are not long term prospects.

Weak arm.

No mobility.

Poor IQ.

Flustered easily.

Crybaby face 24/7.

He's not a top 30 QB.

But this is pro sports, not family. You don't have to stick with the r****ded brother just because you have one now. You can SEEK TO IMPROVE.

I don't think Yates is a better long term option, but the team would be better with anyone who doesn't have so many obvious limitations. Someone who can go above and beyond ..

the plays spoon fed to him by Kubes once a game.

Tradfe for backup/draft/Yates to compete for the starting spot.

11. Summer Song Giver

Texans are paper champs, incapable of proving me wrong.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Who do you think we should get?

13. Honey Bear

Wow, look at the passion from this otherwise flaccid creature. I'm glad humiliating losses bring out these projections of your own insecurities - this will help you evolve into a wiser man.

We all know I'm a winner. I build, I create, I evolve. And when there is time for a prophecy to be made, I make it. So I'm not going to apologize for further hammering this point down your throat while you resort to baseless ad hominem attacks to look past the reality of the sitch.

Heh heh heh, the screws are coming loose.

14. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

In 15 years of community theater, I have never seen an act grow this stale this fast as Ronny Bear's Texans trolling.

Moe's had a bad month one time, but he had years of having been epic to fall back on and went on a self-imposed exile.

I seem to remember one post under your other screen name which was marginally funny.....hopefully you can someday return to that mediocre form. Cause it would be much, much better than this.

1 person likes this.
  15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Schaub shouldn't be starting QB but the Texans have already signed him to ridiculous contract at the beginning of the year.

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Says the classy ladies man pounding on that keyboard while posting thread after thread online about the same topic that haunts his every thought...keep that faux persona up fella...you'll be someone important someday. Really, you will...

I'm really sorry your previous act didn't get you as much needed attention as you so desparately crave...maybe your parents should've given you more hugs? Meh...

17. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I've been saying this for awhile, he is not Elite as many on here claim. He is good at what he does (roll out passes 15-20 yds). Anything above 20 yds and he is suspect. He has no mobility and can't throw the longball, so it won't matter if we were to get a top notch WR that can take the top off the defense cause he wouldn't be able to hit him in stride.

But to answer your question, he is our best option for our offense. Run Run Run, bootleg 15 yd pass (Kubiac's conservative offense). But it makes me wonder, is Kubiac so conservative because he is protecting Schaub and playing to his strength? He is more of a game manager then anything, and protects the ball with his smart play (not many bad throws for INTs), but if you ask him to do more than that you are asking for trouble.

18. Honey Bear

These are the facts. Almost everything I (or my associates) say is a fact but it's too blunt for your Pooh like belly so you fall to the floor in the fetal position and yell out "troll" or convince yourself it's an act.

Deal with it however you want. But I'm not apologizing for pointing out a college basketball player with a 15-0 record against middle schoolers going 0-4 against college athletes is not right... and as usual, the facts will back me up.

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Common sense says that since he has a contract, Schaub doesn't get pull unless he bombs out in this upcoming playoff run and the season after.

Literally, the only other way to see him not be the starter for this team is horrible injury or trade. No team is likely to see Schaub as a great enough prospect that they would trade for him, nor are there any real replacements we could possibly get that would be an improvement over the times when he and the offense don't self destruct.

20. Honey Bear

The frustration ... the tears ... the whine ... is strong in this kid ;)

Poll: Should Shwab be the starting QB Next Season?
    Honey Bear

An idea- the most dangerous weapon of all
    Honey Bear

Poll: Do you own a gun? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
    Honey Bear

Poll: When will Bama grow some cajones n make a change ( 1 2)
    Honey Bear

Thunder on a 12 game winning streak ( 1 2 3)
    Honey Bear

Smuggling drugs to another country
    Honey Bear

HD Panorama consistency?
    Honey Bear

Breaking: mass seducing committed
    Honey Bear

Hot new song tearing up the dance charts
    Honey Bear

1 thread about my lifestyle, the rest about point specific topics. Keep spattering your BB gun, maybe you'll hit a pigeon. But it won't make the Tiger blink twice.