1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Kevin Love unsure about Timberwolves' future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JPhil93, Dec 11, 2012.

1. caneks

caneks Rookie

I do not want him here. His FG% is horrible as a forward, far below the average.

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

That's because he is one of the few true 4's who creates his own shot. His range also extends out to the 3 point line. You clearly don't know much about basketball....

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Asik
    Love
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

4. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

Question: Josh Smith at a cheaper price like 11 million (and less offering to Atlanta ) vs. Kevin Love at full star price (similar to Harden)? Which would you guys prefer?

Don't want to start a new thread so just piggy my question in this one

5. passdarock

passdarock Member

Josh Smith would be good but Kevin Love would be great. Just like with Harden if you have a chance at K. Love you have to jump at the opportunity.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Kevin Love and it's a no brainer. You pay full star price for him because he's a full star. I wish he was a bit more of a plus defender, but for as good as Smith is in that category it isn't so much great individual defense for him as it is solid weak side shot blocking type stuff.

Kevin Love's efficiency this year is horrible. That's a GREAT thing. Make TWolves management start thinking. His TS% was 59.3%, and 56.8% the last 2 years. It's at 46.1% so far this year. Ignoring this year, his last two years are in line with the most efficient of PFs. Tim Duncan has never had a TS% higher than 57.9% for example. Blake Griffin, who does nothing but dunk, steadily has a TS% of about 55%.

If you think this year is going to be more normal going forward, then you don't want him. But I'd bank on an average TS% of 55% from him going forward over a large sample size. And him doing it as a stretch 4, which apparently is what this team needs/wants, it makes too much sense.

KLove is a pipedream that with Harden, Lin and Asik basically puts you on a championship path about as well as possible. (assumes you keep Lin/Asik).

The Rockets don't have the assets. But if they did/Minnesota does something dumb, a deal would involve Parsons, Patterson, our rookies (Jones, DMo) that aren't playing currently, some kind of future draft picks (next available after paying off Atlanta - through Brooklyn), and taking on salary (via a three or more team trade where those extra teams throw something Minnesota's way in exchange for dumping a huge contract). Something like that. Doesn't leave the Rockets much room for further improvement, but that's when you start using the exceptions I guess and finding veterans to fill out a roster.

Lin, Douglas, Machado
    Harden, [ ]
    [ ], [ ]
    Love, Morris
    Asik, Smith

Pipedream, but you never know. The Twolves are 6-7 with Love this year, which makes them 6-5 without. And as a recent article I read noted, it's not like Love has "willed" the TWolves to the playoffs yet (which is a laughable comment, but has at least a little merit).

With a healthy Rubio, adding Patterson and Parsons, the upside of DMo and TJones, and a coupls of future draft picks, it wouldn't be a bad haul.

7. Possum

Possum Member

You should have your posting privileges revoked! You would pass up arguably the best young PF in the NBA because his FG% is bad THIS year? You do realize he's played with a broken hand and is playing for a team that sucks the life out of players and still is averaging 19 points and 14 rebounds a game? His career average is 45.1 including this year. Get a clue!

8. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Watched Klove destroy OKC last night. This guy plays a very physical style of game, old school like Malone/Rodman.

It's only a pipe dream, but if we get Klove somehow, we'd be contenders for years. Not 1, not 2...not 3.

9. seyton

seyton Member

Love is 3 years younger and about the same age as harden.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

If one guy killed them it was Barea :eek:

With KMart injured, Durant was the only shooter on the team. Playing Reggie Jackson 24 mins didn't help OKC's cause. I don't think OKC ever led in that game but they stuck around for team that was dominated.

11. blink

blink Contributing Member

Get Kevin love morey, I will forgive you for keeping this team in treadmill hell

12. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Yes, to beat OKC you're going to need multiple players to beat them. Love, Pek, and Barea had great games but 28/11/7 is a dominant performance.

13. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Wow, there are actually people who are saying Kevin Love isn't good in this thread.

What he did to Scola was a prick move and he probably is a prick. That being said, how many times have we all cried about not having a guy on the team with a certain attitude....you gotta take the bad with the good.

They sorted it out afterwards...that's more than a lot of players who do stupid stuff can say...

14. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

This. Scola's not holding a grudge, why should you?

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

with his direct opponent being first all defensive no less.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's the best power forward in the league - although he misses a lot of mid-range jumpers. Still his rebounding is monstrous.

How could we get him? I don't know. Would be tough. Even if we waited til he was a free-agent, no way we will have the cap-room.

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

We were discussing this in the "assessing value for a trade package" thread. I think most were thinking it'd have to be a trade next year or in 2014. No way he hits free agency I think. Think it'll take a really good pick (5-10) or a series of mid level 1sts, value player like Parsons, young prospect like jones or dmo, and a really good starter on a good value contract like Asik to match salaries.

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Sorry re-read my post and mis-spoke (parsons or a high pick) + (couple mid level picks) + jones + Asik

19. maizer

maizer Member

Honestly

Yeah Kevin stepped on Scolas face, but just the game or two before, Scola nailed Love hard, in the twins. Sure it doesn't excuse Love, but at least it wasn't completely "evil".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs1dCG1-IVE

20. SRR21

SRR21 Member

If we were able to get Love while keeping Asik the other team would never get a rebound.