1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BREAKING] School Shooting in Conn. at Elementary School

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sadat X, Dec 14, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yes that's exactly what i'm asking, seems mentally ill to put that many fire arms in the vacinity of someone who is mentally ill

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think that's a stretch. There were no signs of her being mentally ill or disturbed enough to want her kid to shoot others. I think like most mothers/parents, they never think their child is capable of doing anything like that, especially if they don't have a history of violence. Unfortunately, it seems like no one was allowed inside their inner family circle. Perhaps an unbiased person could have seen it coming and done something.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The mother seems like one dumb b****. If she knows her son is mentally ill why would she have guns in the house and take him to a shooting range?

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

believe me i'm not one to believe in consparicies, but it does seem very dubious the more you look at it. the woman goes on an assault weapon shopping spree because of divorce? then takes the kid to a shooting range?

we will never know the answer but the way that reads it sounds like she expected the kid to shoot somebody.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

This is what I'm thinking. Her son has mental issues and she leaves guns around, easily accessible. A lot of the tragedy is due to her negliance.

edit: pgabriel posts; hmmm...

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The divorce was in 09 and amicable. The father left them with the house and was paying their expenses, even up until the shooting. I don't see any reason for her to be upset over a divorce, especially when it turned out as well as it did for her. Plus, i don't think she immediately went gun shopping, it was more of a gradual progression it seems. Like she was bored and decided shooting could serve as a hobby and an added sense of security. They say she introduced her son to guns to teach him responsibility, definitely a mistake, but again, i think in her eyes her son wouldnt be capable of killing others.

As for where the guns were, i haven't ready anything about that, so I wouldn't say she just left them laying around for sure. They could have been locked up and he found a way to get them out. Remember, this shooter we keep calling a "kid" was already 20 yrs old and considered extremely bright.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a stretch too especially since she was the first to die. I think though there are a lot of questions to be answered about how he got the guns. The mother grew up with guns and gave all impressions of being a responsible gun owner. Also Adam Lanza had tried to get guns himself before. I am wondering if she just got sloppy and happened to leave the key to the gun safe out when she went to sleep and Adam Lanza found it and went on his killing spree. This massacre might've been more a crime of opportunity rather than something planned.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

okay, that sheds more light on it, like she was living in her own vacum not understanding how dangerous it may have been to have those guns around her son. and secondly guns may have just become a hobby to her.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That, i'm not sure about. He did have the bulletproof vest/mask ready. And i still haven't read an update on the ID he had on him either. Early on they said he had his brother's ID and that's why they thought it was Ryan, not Adam. If that was true, then he had to steal it beforehand, or maybe he even made one himself. I'm surprised that hasn't been cleared up by the police.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Unless she's Sarah Connor from T2 that b**** don't need those types of assault weapons...

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His barber speaks out.....his haircut stood out right away to me, i guess his mom has been cutting it for the last three years.

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/20/adam-lanza-haircut/

#1111 RV6, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

left with raising a mentally ill child on your own can be a daunting task.

13. VanityHalfBlack

It's not too late to build that time machine Mr. Barber, so get to it!!!

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Still so sad...A friend of mine is up there doing forensic stuff, crazy scene...

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So how could this have been avoided?
    Lack of awareness does not seem to be the case here

Rocket River

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^^^^^ burned... :grin:

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That was really hilarious.

Reading all this new information about the Lanza family makes me think the mom was just in over her head. Almost like she had just given up, which would match the story about her about to have him committed as being a possible motive.

The haircut story....that's what I mean by 'given up'. Sounds like her answering all the guy's questions for him was just her saying "eff it, I'm just going to stop trying to get through to this kid."

And that pic RV6 posted.....damn....that's my kids name.....just unbelievably sad.