1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Lostie

Lostie Member

Guess McHale didn't have confidence in running a run and gun offence with our lineup. Harden iso is a lot safer and easier to pad a resume on.

2. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin is one of the rockets best players. That's because this team isn't very good. They are what they at...young

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

They're just countrymen. He congratulates Rubio and his brother in Memphis all the time, too. Does that mean Gasol is going to be signed to some part time contract where he plays 1/3rd of a season in Toronto, 1/3rd in Memphis, and 1/3rd in Minnesota?

4. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I hope so. My fear is it's going the way of NYK right now. You got Harden and Lin, basically two players who thrive playing very similar, if not exactly the same positions. The team was being built around him, but Houston got lucky Harden became available. Thus, they end up with the dilemma of how to fit these two on this team and still optimize their capabilities. But Harden is the 80mm franchise player. So, Lin is relegated to adjusting. Harden will never be in that situation.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

OMG, you just noticed after so many games?

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I don't know what "one of the best" means. It's an accurate statement only if we expand the group to the point where we are counting almost half the roster. He is the Rockets' worst starter.

7. Lostie

Lostie Member

Harden/Asik are both more valuable. 11PPG/6APG PGs aren't that difficult to find, especially if we are running Harden iso plays.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Half is the system and half is strictly on Lin. He needs to be like Felton and release those shots...even when they are not going in.:grin: Seriously, he needs to take at least around 15 shots on a nightly basis as deferring too much is not good for the team as well. All I'm hoping for tomorrow agains the Knicks is just to shut up Stephen A. Smith andother time.:grin:

9. advancedstats

advancedstats New Member

As an outside observer (Lakers fan) who likes to watch Harden and Lin, I disagree. Not saying Lin is the 4th or second best player or anything like that. However, IMO, if you guys want to go anywhere, team needs to figure out this thing with Harden and Lin. Because right now, it appears to me and a lot of analysts that they are just hindering the play of one another because of their redundant skill sets.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

When Jeremy Lin had an easy layup and got stuffed by Ed Davis, of all people, the first thing that came to my mind was "this is Kevin McHale's fault."

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Scouting report >>>>>>>>> Jeremy Lin

12. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Yeah, I was just wishing the reporters gets the guts to ask him (not just him but also coaches) sharp questions and would be curious how he (they) would answer. Of course Lin would never say anything bad about anyone. Lin is not that type, we all know that. ;)

In fact, Feigen's tweet is nothing new. There are plenty of smart people on this GARM and have already pointed out the root of Lin's problem and we all know why he has been unable to perform well.

13. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

No one thought we the Thunder would let him go, of course they didnt take that into account

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Take out the "we".

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Since you are no fan of the Rockets and this may even be the first time you've seen them play, it's no surprise that you don't know who Chandler Parsons and Omer Asik are. They are elite players within their respective roles. The former has combined production rivaled only by Kevin Durant and LeBron James, and the other is a top 5 rebounder in the NBA.

But hey, you recognize the name Jeremy Lin, so that's got to be worth something right. Clearly he must be better. No no, great observation. Great disagree.

16. Lostie

Lostie Member

Parson's real value is in his contract.

17. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

its about the style of offense. with lin as the ball handler you know you will get high energy play. he hustles and his teammates hustle as a result. anybody who saw linsanity last year knows this. linsanity wasnt just about him. it was about hustle and teamwork.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

19. advancedstats

advancedstats New Member

That's not what I said. I know who Chandler and Asik are. Read what I said again. I said your team needs to figure out Harden/Lin otherwise they are going nowhere. And rofl at Asik and Parsons being on the level of Durant and James. Come on.

20. TTNN

TTNN Member

Well said!

It is not easy for Lin, I think he is still confusing about his role in the team. Especially when he will get benched not due to his play, but due to line up differences.

I guess he is trying to fit into the team, just not very clear how he could, I don't think the coaches are very clear yet either, thus they have to take him out since they can not test it out in games. It got to be very hard for Lin.

Feel sorry for him, but that is growth pain. I do hope he would go through this, and be strong. I will still root for him, just need to be patient, and accept that he will have some really bad game, and some troll will laugh at him.