1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. sidestep

sidestep Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Good team win for us. S/O to my bro @<a href="https://twitter.com/ju_smith4">ju_smith4</a> for a tough game!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23RedNation">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/status/279808801283137536" data-datetime="2012-12-15T04:43:11+00:00">December 15, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

What? No shout out to Toney?? SMH...

3. kozmo

kozmo Member

i thought lin played well last night

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

He did and so did most of the team.

We won in spite of our inept coaching.

5. kozmo

kozmo Member

i personally think Lin needs to be more agressive with the ball but he plays great d and he has great court vision. Hes a better player than douglas but douglas is making some shots.......

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Anyone with working knowledge of NBA would agree that Lin is a better player than TD.

The fact that TD played the entire 4th quarter last night is strictly a McHale decision.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, of course not. I'll give you a hint for future reference. If you click on the "replies total," which is the column between "views" and "last post," it breaks down the total number of replies per member in that thread, with the largest total being at the top, working its way down to those with just one reply. So it's very easy to see how many posts someone has made in a thread. At the time I had made the post you're referring to, I had 3 posts in this thread (not that it matters), and pistol111847 had 26. Rest assured that there's no way I would have gone to the trouble of counting that member's posts in this thread, a thread that's now up to 82 pages. I just didn't have that much interest in the guy to put myself to that much trouble, but as I just explained, I didn't have to. And I don't care how many posts he made in the thread... he's not DaDakota (and in this case, comparing him to DD would be a needless slam at DD). What bothered me about him was his interest in Jeremy Lin to the exclusion of the rest of the team, the team's record and so on, ad nauseum. I'm sure that's more explanation than you wanted, but there you go.

I certainly don't mind if people have favorite players. I have my favorites, Luis Scola being one when he played for the Rocks. What bothers me and a lot of other folks here is how game discussion is derailed by an ardent fan(s) of a particular player responding to criticism of that player in such a way, and to such an extent, that game discussion is nearly impossible. What many apparently fail to realize is that someone can criticize a player and still be a fan of that player. It's not Rockets Science. It's basketball.

1 person likes this.
  8. sidestep

sidestep Member

Can someone enlighten me about what a 'walgreens fan' is?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="280104760789577729"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/ju_smith4">ju_smith4</a> great game against boston..can ur biggest walgreens fan get a tweet back or a FB plzzz thanks..btw my 13yr son loves u :):):)</p>&mdash; BeautifulnBlessed (@ladyalpha) <a href="https://twitter.com/ladyalpha/status/280107021804634112" data-datetime="2012-12-16T00:28:12+00:00">December 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Thanks for the walkthrough of the post-counting app. Now I can measure how much time I am wasting on each topic. :)

This whole backlash against LOFs is nothing new. Newbies are rarely embraced by old-timers. The truth is that we haven't had this much excitement at clutchfans since the Artest signing. This is a young team with a lot of upsides and Lin is a big part of this new mania.

Sure some of the LOFs are annoying with their over the top enthusiasm but in some way we all are with our fandom. There is nothing rational about rooting for a sports team. That's why we're all here.

1 person likes this.
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I totally agree with Deckard. It's hard to post any review of the game at all. The quality of the game threads has gone way down, and it's not like they were stellar to begin with. I'd just like to post my observations without the risk of being jumped on by about 10 posters.

Every single game thread recently, win or lose, crumbles down to a rational fan trying to defend himself and being called a "hater" etc. I think I'm just gonna stay away form the game threads for awhile, thankfully this nonsense is pretty much confined to these threads and not the whole GARM.

11. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Coach McHale hugging KG tearing up scene is very moving! It's heart-breaking. In light of this, let's not bickering over one basketball game.

12. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

One thing for sure, Clutch is laughing all way to the bank because of the feud between LOF and LOH and some old timers, page view up, ad view up :).

13. PeppermintCandy

Maybe, but I haven't felt this down about the GARM since the Yao era when some posters would call Aaron Brooks a monkey for not getting the ball to their favorite big man. I thought we were over with that nonsense, but yet here we are again.

As a fellow Asian and a fan of Lin, I'm downright embarrassed.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

At least with Yao Ming though he was considered one of the best big men in the league, and certainly the best big man on the team so YOFs weren't that annoying. So you have some posters saying AB should pass the ball more to your 20 pt scoring big man...makes sense on some level, right?

On the other hand, now we have Linsane posters crying every time Lin doesn't put up a Linstastical night. Even when he does, they're whining about how the coach/team/NBA is racist and how Lin should play more. Is Lin better than TD? Yep. Should Lin play more? Probably so. Is he so much better than TD LOFs should make every post of every post-game about him and his lack of PT? :rolleyes:

The one guy who should be crying about PT on the team is Donuts, he's been tearing up Dleague and hasn't seen one minute of PT. Where all the Euro Donuts-only fans when you need them?

15. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Maybe he wants to prove that he wasn't wrong when he waived Lin last December.

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I have read somewhere that Morey would trade PP after enough good game performance when he becomes higher value.

For someone like Howard, you may have to throw Lin in to make up for the difference I guest.

17. PeppermintCandy

I actually think it was worse with Yao fanatics, many of whom were blatantly racist. And just like now, they didn't seem to care how the Rockets were faring, as long as Yao got his touches.

With this bunch supporting Lin, at least they're not as racist, but their desire to repeat ad nauseum this whole conspiracy theory that the coaching staff is driven by a personal vandetta against Lin is driving me up the wall. It's like my favorite forum has been taken over by middle school #anxietytroopers.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

As another fellow Asian, I'm also embarrassed. Yesterday was a quality win. The team played well, Lin included. That's all I care about. I try to ignore all the posts about coaching conspiracies and crap like that, but it is getting tiresome.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you shouldn't be embarrassed. these people are fake rockets fans and you are a real one.
    you are vastly superior in every single way in mind and body to these guys.
    if your dog is a rockets fan, your dog is superior to them.

1 person likes this.
  20. Luca

Luca Member

What makes you think that D12 wants to come to Houston? Didn't he say that he is glad to be in LA?