1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TEXANS' Defense] QB's "taken out" of games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 10, 2012.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I was thinking about speedball's wife... no, actually about what she said... ;) sorry, sb...
    (FYI, lots of other Texans fans and ClutchFans love her, too)

So I was wondering if there had been any other time we've taken out so many QB's and made their backups come up to try to beat us:

Week 3: Jake Locker (broken thumb on G. Quinn's sack early first quarter), Hasselbeck finishes game
    Week 10: Jay Cutler (concussion close to halftime), Jason Campbell finishes game
    Week 11: Blaine Gabbert (forearm injury on D. Manning's sack early first quarter), Chad Henne finishes game

I don't wish any injury on Brady, but... man... this Texans Defense is AWESOME. :cool: I'm expecting to see Ryan Mallet playing.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've got a small lead in a fantasy game but my opponent has brady going tonight. I would really appreciate him throwing a pick 6 on the first play and then breaking out in a horrible yeast infection so that he will not be able to return.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm down 13; I have Schaub, he has Welker. This is why I HATE fantasy football. HATE, HATE, HATE! It's very possible my head will explode tonight.

4. Pete the Cheat

in all fairness...just about anyone would hate fantasy football if Schaub was their QB

and WTF is speedball?

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I've got Brady and Andre tonight in my fantasy. Kinda bittersweet.

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

I rather the Texans win a superbowl than to win a fantasy league.

7. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

Seems like everytime weve knocked a QB out of a game, they're backup comes in and starts lighting us up. Perhaps its because we dont scount the back up as much? either rate 11-1 team problems I suppose :cool:

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This game isn't the superbowl.

9. akgoel

akgoel Member

No way

In December 1992, in the last game of the season, the Oilers defeat the Buffalo Bills 27-3 and knock out Jim Kelly. I was 16 at the time, and giddy - no way we would lose to them in the playoffs without Kelly.

The very next week, the Oilers meet the Bills for the first round of the playoffs. Kelly's backup, Frank Reich, leads the Bills back from a 35-3 deficit to win.

Why would a Houston fan ever want to knock out a potential playoff opponent's quarterback is beyond me.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Fantasy Football is so based on luck it isn't even funny.. my friend drafted HORRIBLE. He picked a defense in the 2nd round.. auto draft would have gotten him better players. But, alas, he had one of the best records and is in the playoffs because his "points against" is very low. This means that against him, teams players weren't accumulating a lot of fantasy points. People scored 200 less points against him then against anyone else. :mad: It was ridiculous luck! That said, he's losing in the playoffs and I'm not. :cool:

On topic: Yes, Brady leaves game with pinky toe injury.

11. SwoLy-D

I didn't intend for this to be a Fantasy thread, but... thanks a lot, Donkey! :p
    Read my entire opening post. :eek: I quoted him.

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Swoly, can you sample-size that and look at last season as well please?

I'm wondering how is our Break-The-QB-% over a bigger amount of games.

13. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

Don't forget, we took out Gabbert in the first game too with a phantom knee injury or something. My wife was like, "What a puss! He ain't hurt, he's just scared!"

14. SwoLy-D

^^ I think even I love your wife now, speedball. :grin:

EDIT: You're right about that phantom knee injury, but I think they took him out because the game was out of reach by the end of the fourth quarter. Yeah, he stepped wrong and injured his glute, was probable next week but it wasn't because someone from our defense hit him.
    The season before we didn't take out any QBs. :eek: I thought there for a second we may have taken out Colt McCoy, but he endured a four-sack game and stayed on his feet.

#14 SwoLy-D, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

SPEEDBALL'S WIFE: For God's sake, Matt Schaub lost his EAR and he's still in there playing!