1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

or Parsons was switched in pick and roll, can't recall correctly but i remember parsons guarding him the second game.

2. Luca

Luca Member

Nice post, patience is the key. A part from Harden who is great by the way, we have to be patient with everyone.

3. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Ok, you're talking about the first game, I don't remember, but I just remember yes Lilliard shot very well in OT because Lin was playing help defense and not staying on Lilliard. As was discussed at that time, it could have been the coaches wanted him to play more help defense to stop the inside scoring, maybe not and that might be why Sampson didn't play him in the second OT. I just checked the box score and Lilliard had 20 points and Lin had 13 so I'm not sure torching is the right word. He did hit clutch 3s that's true on both Lin and Chandler.

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Everyone is mostly patient with the team except with Jeremy. We lost and three threads came alive blaming the loss to him. :(

Some analysis here...what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0sVKwmDFaY

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

Same thing happens to Nets Backcourt after Dwill and Joe Johnson joined the Nets.
    His FG% dropped.
    In UTAH, FG% was at least 45%.
    2010–11 35%
    2011-12 40%
    This season 39%

Joe Johnson's FG% also drop 4-5% this season.

6. kastuul

kastuul Member

It also happen to Monta Ellis when he share the backcourt with Jennings this season

2011–12 FG% 43% , 3pts 32%
    This season, FG% 39%, 3 pts 22%

7. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm talking defensively in the OT and 4th quarter hence the loss to them. ITs funny how there is always an excuse for why LIN had a certain thing going wrong for him.

8. kastuul

kastuul Member

LIN FG% is 38%, only 1% lower than D-Will this season.

3pts % change (11/12-12/13)
    LIN 32% > 25.6%
    D-Will 33.6% > 29.7%

TO per game change
    LIN 3.6 > 2.8
    D-Will 4 > 2.9

That's the result of sharing the backcourt. It need time to get better.

9. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Lin gambled with the help defense in OT. It could have resulted in a steal or a stop, instead it resulted in Lillard hitting a 3. However in regulation play if Lilliard who ended up with 20 points for the whole game and I believe scored 6 points in OT then Lin held him to 14 points, which is not bad especially since Lin scored 13 points all in regulation (I don't think he scored in OT, but I could be wrong).

And btw it was Lin who put us up by 3 with little time left in the game, but Harden gambled with help defense and his man hit the 3 to put us in OT, so if you're blaming only Lin then I think that is wrong.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I'll give all our players (mainly our starters) a full season before i judge em.

11. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

But D-will and Johnson has had some pretty good games this season while Lin really hasn't. He's been shooting bad since preseason.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If Lin is defended as a #1 option like Dwill, then most fans will take your explanation. But he's not.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

I never said anything about blaming Lin for the loss, when they lose its a team loss. When they win, its the teams win. I'm talking about his play. I said whenever he is playing a dynamic point guard, his defense is no where to be found. Some games he is great defensively, others he is average.

14. itachen

itachen Member

You can't contain great offensive players, it's the way of the game / business is designed.

15. Swaggerific

Swaggerific Member

Jeremy Lin is currently in a slump right now and will be until the new year. In 2013, he's gonna heat up.

16. kozmo

kozmo Member

ok on d hes average sometimes and sometimes hes great.... so why is he the discussion because i can tell you hes the only one playing d on the whole team

17. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Wether Lin is the 1st option or not, people will be going at him because of the Linsanity hype.

Even the announcers mentioned it multiple times.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

Ummm... parsons? Asik? I see you don't pay attention to anything but Lin.

19. SK34

SK34 Member

Even if people are going after him for Linsanity, its still not harder to score than it is to score when you are the #1 person on the team and every team has a plan to shut you down compared to others. Plus, I don't think anyone is worried about Linsanity or are going after him cause of Linsanity after the first 5 games cause of his suckish play.

20. MystikArkitect

The comparisons to Lowry and Dragic when they were here are irrelevant. We are paying him the same money those guys are making for less production. There better be strides in his game 2nd half of the season or it will be safe to say that he's NBA's answer to Tebow.