1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Support Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jjgfour

jjgfour Member

I'm a fan of Royce White as well, but I'm not going to back him up and say the organization should accommodate his demands. He hasn't been handling his situation with the Rockets in the right way. How would you know that counseling would not help his anxiety? He hasn't even showed up to any of his appointments to prove otherwise. Why give him minutes, in addition to garbage time? He hasn't earned the right to step on the court when other players are putting in their dedication and work in. He even refused to report to the D-League. Why should the Rockets meet his demands when he hasn't met theirs? Not even showing up for media day and other events is ridiculous. There are players on the roster who are not as talented as he is, but they deserve more minutes and incentives because they put in their hard work in practice and fulfill their contract obligations. Even with all that said, I do hope one day he can contribute to the team. He has too much talent to let it go to waste.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL

I fell for it :grin:

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Fan of Royce White, and his cause.

However-

Not a fan of blackmailing his employer to get the recognition he so desires. If the Rockets are not following company or NBA policy then he should be addressing that with the NBPA and his legal council on the best way to handle the situation for change.

He has rejected those people who have reached out to help him in that process. Boy, when my company just recently F-ed me over by breaking policy some time back, I would have loved some help. Instead, I ran the risk of losing my job over making a big stink about things.

We do live in a country where we all should be given a fair shake in the workplace, but its nieve to think that its still 100% fair.

At least in Royce's case, he has alot of people in his corner willing to help him get a fair shake. In the end, its Royce's decision to accept the help, but you can't ask for sympathy if you refuse to accept help.

That's my take on the Royce White situation as it stands. Best of luck to Royce.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this thread, while well-intentioned, is going to end up being a receptacle for Royce White hate.

Whenever his name is brought up i feel bile creeping up the back of my throat.

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

6. likestohypeguy

Anyone who feels it necessary to say hateful things about him can do so in the other thread, not the support thread. OP started this one for #anxietytroopers. It's not about minutes, or what r.w. "needs" to do. It's about #SUPPORT.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i'd like to see royce on the court.

i'm rooting for that to happen.

seems like something could be arranged.
    c'mon royce, make us proud on the court.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Actually this should just be merged with the other thread ...Royce hasn't even earned a separate thread . :rolleyes:

9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I support cutting Royce White.

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

In reality what he is doing and did is the absolutely worst thing he could do for his anxiety. If he was with the team, flying and doing everything else as normal he would be on the road to recovery. Right now he is not making progression, he is moving backwards.

11. monster

monster Member

I don't give a flip about Royce White anymore. He and my 4-year old think that throwing a tantrum is the way to get what you want. This entitlement BS has gone way too far. If you're too sick to play pro basketball, I understand, and don't hold it against you, but you signed a contract to do so. Either live up to the contract, or quit.

12. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> just saw you at the Gym working hard. Thanks for the motivation man.</p>&mdash; syed haq (@WackkSauce) <a href="https://twitter.com/WackkSauce/status/277110270495694851" data-datetime="2012-12-07T18:00:11+00:00">December 7, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. bongman

bongman Member

He needs to change his name to Royce WhiteTF

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I want Royce to succeed but my impression of him is not very good. I think he is handling his problems in a unprofessional manner, and he is showing poor work ethic. He looked totally out of shape when he got back to the team. If he's not with the team, I expect him to bust his ass working out to prepare for getting back with the team.

15. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Eat my ass, Royce.

16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

suckadi$% Royce!

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Fan of a guy who isn't even. On the bench and doesn't support his team ?

18. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Am I the only one that doesn't care about his anxiety issues and thinks he isn't that good at basketball (at the NBA level) to begin with?

He played for Iowa State and was so passive of a player. I'm surprised he was even projected as high as he was. I remember laughing at people comparing him to Lebron briefly when we drafted him.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm blexican and mack.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Weird, this guy joined in 2010 but has a username RX2012 and claims that he's a Royce White fan.