1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nono, Nov 4, 2012.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...es-lakers-rebuffing-trade-inquiries-pau-gasol

1 person likes this.
  2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...es-lakers-rebuffing-trade-inquiries-pau-gasol

1 person likes this.
  3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Is this just a rumor or did Morey/Les say something about it?

Not snarking on you, genuine question.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Pekovic+Williams, hmm. The Lakers should build a multi-teamer around that and get Millsap or something. Those are good assets.
    I'm surprised, if true, that the Wolves would want to give that much. I don't love how Pekovic fits with Love, or how he fits Adelman system, so from that point of view it makes sense, but it feels expensive.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

By the way, the Pelicans make too much sense as the 3rd team. Pekovic + Anthony Davis would be a great fit, and Ryan Anderson would fit with the Lakers.

6. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

=____= This trade doesn't make any sense at all...

7. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I agree. Everything is at lakers' favor, we wont give up our young star for some old or injurd one. Anyway we are not contender this year.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Pekovic straight up for Gasol in this stage of their career is already way to much. I'm also not happy with how Pekovic is used by Adelman, but he has much more value than Gasol.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

what young star?

but yep, that deal is very pro-Lakers. Millsap+Parsons for Gasol, and they get to drop Duhon's bad contract too...

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i tend to agree. But I guess they don't want to resign him on a huge deal considering their system.

11. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Parsanity and Douglasanity.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I stopped reading after "Sources told Broussard...." Wait...that's was almost to the end of that article. Probably got his sources from twitter!

[​IMG]

14. dduong5

dduong5 Member

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:confused:

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The thing you have to note about the ESPN trade machine that it does not take into account is that the Lakers would have to waive at least two players on their roster not involved in the trade in order to make the deal work and keep under their 15 man allowed roster before the trade takes place. It makes a trade like this very difficult.

This is why its nice to have those mid to large sized expiring contracts on the roster to make deals work. Its going to be hard for the Rockets to trade for a max salary guy without involving either Asik or Jeremy Lin for this reason of making the salaries work without the other team needing to cut half their team to make the deal work.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

By the way, if the Lakers can get Pekovic and Williams they should be doing this deal yesterday. That's a bench for them right there, and they could always flip Pekovic for a point if that's the way they want to go?
    Williams is shooting 38% from downtown this year, and would be a good backup to Jamison for them.

I'd rather not see Gasol go to the Wolves, so hopefully he heads out East somewhere.

18. dduong5

dduong5 Member

Couldn't the Lakers release 2 of their small expiring contracts like a Earl Clark and Devin Ebanks. This trade would solve their need for a 3 point shooting power forward and upgrade their bench at almost every position.

It would give the Rockets an upgrade at power forward and their second superstar to pair with Harden. I also like the fact that by trading away Toney Douglas, it would allow Lin to play more crunch time.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Lakers have a ton of dead weight that they can cut, however, if a deal happened. That deal actually feels to big, I believe people posted some legal Morris+Patterson+2 contracts deals earlier in this thread.

But if Pekovic+Williams is really available (Khaaan!), I don't see how the Rockets could even come close without jeopardizing their future.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Broussard says HOU has no interest in Gasol, we better be prepared for his imminent arrival.