1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 27, 2012.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

didn't they count that one as a team sack? or am I thinking of a different play?

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11-1 record problems.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I feel terrible for you if this is how you're enjoying this season. The closer we get to the ultimate pinnacle of success, the more apprehensive and worried you feel?? At what point do you, if at all, stop and smell the roses?? It seems like every week you post on this board talking about how you feel like the other foot is coming down. So far, after 13 weeks and 12 games, the team you love is sitting on top of the AFC, after only losing 1 game. There has to be a point where you tell yourself, "Ok....this is awesome!" If not, what's the point of even being a sports fan?

1 person likes this.
  4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Where's that f@ggot tinman to support his Titans?! Lol

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

each and every one of the titans trolls have gone into hiding.

6. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

this is depressing. Enjoy the ride, regardless of where the end destination is.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Those trolls have gone back into their caves.

Tinman....

And a few others...

Some chick name...forgot it...not on my ignore list...does that mean that troll was banned?

And ...wasn't mrdave one too?

#487 Uprising, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Btw. Antonio smith was robbed of that fumble recovery touchdown.

Heard his interview where he said he had a celebration ready to do. Slashing a ninja sword at the goal post

He also said he ran all the way to the endzone with hands up hoping to use Jedi mind tricks to get them to rule it a touchdown like the one from the lions game.

I. Still don't understand the whistle. Smith never went down. It was ruled a fumble and not Chris Johnson down. So how did they play get whistled dead?

9. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

No idea, but it was a terrible call. All I can think is that maybe the whistle was blown to end the runner progress and the ref just didn't see the fumble.

10. Classic

Classic Member

Angkor Watt ;)

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Because the refs are incompetent sometime. Clearly no reason to blow a whistle, and it blew me away that the announcers played it off like it was nothing. "well his knee was down when he picked it up (show replay where it was just a normal scoop) oh well i guess it was just an inadvertent whistle...on to the next play"

12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

kate81?

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No kidding, right?

The Forsett play nearly made people lose their minds.

That play? Meh, whatevz.

14. Classic

Classic Member

I thought Tate looked good in his return. He had limited opportunities but I thought he made the most of them.

Foster has not looked great running lately. Seems like he'll have three or four runs of 3 yards before he goes for six or seven. Glad to see him get a couple passes out of the backfield to mix it up.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I do enjoy watching the games, I enjoy talking about about the games, even the negatives. The ups and downs are part of being a fan. When things go bad, ALL fans gripe. When they go good, they ALL cheer (may gripe later). Have you seen that beer commercial where they do all the "luck" stuff, that is how it really is. As far as Houston football, I think people like me who have been at it so long are probably permanently brain damaged. The Oilers won the first two AFL championships and I got hooked. Besides "Luv Ya Blue" it has been mostly a series of crushing disappointments. The "Buffalo Collapse" likely caused most of the irreversible damage. Yeah, I have friends who have absolutely given up and won't follow any Houston sports. For me, there must be some "secondary gain" because I am still hopeful.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Edit! Oops! Saw Foster and thought Forsett!

Foster didn't get too much going yesterday, true. Titans were keyed in on him in a big way. If that's the case, I'm glad Kubiak didn't overwork him with yet another 29 carry day.

[Forsett] did fine yesterday - 4.6 ypc and there wasn't a single big run that pushed that stat.

Teams are keying the run first on us, generally. Especially once we have a lead, and Kubiak is going straight at them anyway. 8 in the box doesn't deter him. He wants to grind and milk clock, and that means are RBs have to work hard for 2-3 yards.

I'm really happy about our 3 man rotation at RB. Especially if Kubiak's ready to dial Foster back and split the carries before the season ends.

#496 emjohn, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: DUDE. No need to use offensive language for a Titans fa--oops, I did it it, too. :(

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They are called the t***.

Carry on.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

But you're talking about negatives that haven't even happened. There's a difference between being concerned about ST play in a win (happens regularly) and being wound about about whether an 11-1 team is going to blow it.

Letting Oilers debacles prevent you from enjoying an amazing season so far is pretty sad.

I've got no idea if we're even going to make the AFC Championship Game, but no way may I going to let that bother me on the heels of a nice win.

Even if they don't upset NE next week, that's cool. They're allowed. It's not all or nothing.

Enjoy the ride

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I've never understood this lingering black cloud people carry with them. The LYB Oilers had nothing to do with the run-n-shoot Oilers. Separate eras, different teams. Dread and disappointment might have passed from year to year in the moment, but as the team evolved and sunk and rebuilt, as a fan, I did, too...

And now that we have a brand new team with no history, that Oiler history has even less relevance to me. Plus, I don't know if I've gotten older, wiser, if having kids changed my priorities - but winning it all is *hard.* And in a winner-take-all game like football, where inches matter... it's just silly to have any expectation beyond being entertained.

The Texans have absolutely proven that they're a legitimately good team - 15-1 in their last 16 games, and 18-4 overall, these past two seasons when Scahub starts. I don't need NBC or a Lombardi Trophy to verify that for me. And if they ultimately lose sooner than I want... it won't invalidate wins over Denver, Baltimore, Chicago... it won't lessen my joy of watching JJ Watt or Arian Foster; or, collectively, this team rolling on offense or defense.

I'd much rather have a season end disappointingly that for it to end without a whimper.