1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Grape_Swisha281

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any time. In fact... I don't think there is such thing as win that's ugly. I for sure don't think any loss is pretty...

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

True, I had family calling, texting me on how this was so intense

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IIRC, the Chiefs specifically had a great secondary with 4 cover guys.

5. conquistador#11

i want to watch this game again!
    ENCORE! ENCORE!

6. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Andre Johnson without a doubt will go down as my favorite texans player of all time. Same should go for most people. Win is a win :grin:

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

huge block by Kevin Walter on that play. Man is the unsung hero

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

Same, but I don't think I have the 4 hours of free time required to watch it.

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regardless of the team, this was a great win for us emotionally. We showed we could be clutch and that we can step up in the big moments.

10. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I'm so mad I missed this game... looked very exciting according the posts on this thread :(

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Yes I concur.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Best regular season Texans game ever.

13. ROXRAN

4 hour. Too much, need take shower, come back later...

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

amazing game all around..the main head shaker is that the Texans got into a Shootout vs. the 1-8 Jaguars. Any given Sunday! BUT, this is a good game for the texans to have since there are a lot of crunch time issues that came up really for the first time all year and things that can be addressed for the future:

1) Game is a reminder not to overlook your opponent! I think the D was daydreaming of Thanksgiving Turkey.

2) Schaub helped the Texan come back from being down by 2 tds. Good test for him and sends a signal to the rest of the league that our Offense can really step it up.

3) Andre still got it and can be relied on to go into beast mode again. No more "Andre is declining talk" for now.

4) Good wakeup call for the Texans D. They clearly slept on the Jaguars O and had little answer for Henne (if Gabbert stayed in the Game, this would've remained a blowout). This is also a moral victory and hopefully they'll want redemption on Thursday.

5) Shayne Graham: Dude was very shaky and crumbled under pressure on a doable 47 yarder (that penalty hurt too). Also he gave the Jaguars decent field position with his inability to kick out of the endzone..I think they started on the 35 yd line in OT on one of their drives. That is unacceptable. I wonder if it is worth using a roster spot just for kickoffs. I know this has been discussed but it is clear that this can come back and bite us--almost did in this game.

6) Special Teams. Seem to be getting better. Braman with some beastly stops. Martin showing he can be a solid return man (although he won't live down being caught by the Punter in a crucial play!) and receiver.

7) Coaching--even though the D had a bad game. Kubiak called a decent game for the Offense who showed they can turn it on when needed.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I would say that 75 and 62 made just as big of a block as walter...what a time to use the bubble screen...

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yes concur and I meant he does that on a lot of plays--this just magnifies his importance, even when he isn't catching the ball or scoring tds. Lots of people complain about him hence the kudos on a crucial play.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm surprised the Jags' idiotic decision to go for it on 4th and 10 in OT isn't getting discussed more. I went over to the Jags forum expecting to see their fans going crazy about it, but there's nothing. When their offense stayed out there I immediately thought that was one of the more idiotic coaching decisions I've seen. They could have pinned us back and made us drive the majority of the field with only 2 mins left to get into FG range. Instead, we end up with the ball at mid-field. That was just flat out dumb.

18. ROXRAN

Bums on a roll on the radio.. Lol

19. pocketrocket81

The way I see it the Jaguars were playing to win. I give them props for being straight up about it. It kind of makes up for the Boselli debacle in my humble opinion.

20. liljojo

liljojo Member

On another note, the defense's streak of no rushing TD's allowed this season still stands, amazingly.