1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I did. We're you too distracted writing your thesis or the rise of Jeremy Lin to notice that?

So. I'll break it down for ya "Sampson is a tool." I tend to agree with you on this. His NCAA violations were egregious and embarrassing. I'd prefer he were not on the Rockets' staff. But not because he didn't play my hero Jeremy.

Yay. Lin hit 10 assists for the first time today. I wish it would have come in a win. Somehow, I doubt you give a crap. Lin for the w...OT!

"FU Sampson". How do you not know that my boy Jeremy is the only reason that I get up in the morning? I stayed up to watch some team from Texas and you didn't even play Lin? Outrageous! Can we hurry up and get Lin for Chalmers done so we can all be happy?

As I lay me down to sleep
    I pray the Lin my soul to take
    And if I die before I wake
    I pray all non believers will meet their fate.

Starting with Sampson!

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Lin works very hard on defense but he's not an ELITE defending PG. Lowry and Dragic are both better individual defenders than Lin, even Douglas. Lin just plays very hard and is able to get steals with his quick hands.

There was a play down the stretch where Lin lost Lillard and Aldridge passed it backdoor to Lillard for an easy 2. I think that's just one of the plays that made Sampson decide to go with Douglas.

3. redlawn

redlawn Member

Sampson is clueless. Last game, he forgets to put in Asik for crunchtime rebounding. This game he benches Lin in favor of TD in overtime.

4. sando

sando Member

Don't we usually bench the guy who could help us?

5. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

They did run pnr. Lin shut down Lillard in the 4th. TD got torched 2-3 times in a 30 second period late game regulation time.

6. slickster

slickster Member

I just can't understand how a lowlife piece of garbage like sampson is allowed to coach in the nba.

I seriously hope JLin spits in sampson's face next time he tries to pull that sh#t.

7. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

What I saw

-In the third Lin got mad at Patterson and took over the offense and started driving and getting fouled, then gets screamed at and is benched

-4 ast left on the court by Lin, 1 missed dunk, 2 missed handles by Asik for layups, 1 miss handle by Morris but he still scored on a layup

-Lin is the 21 overall Defender in the NBA after 8 games statistically

-8 points in the 4Q on LIn by Lilliard, all were contested

-Lin on a switch against 6'9 Batum gets an Offensive fouls against Batum

-With a 15 point lead before Halftime Lin gets a rest, Lead goes down to 6

- The truth about TD-aggressive on D, But gets called on a lot of fouls,first Blazer match got 3 quick fouls in the first 2 min. of the 4Q which helped put the Blazers in the penalty early.
    -TD can't shoot ,Can't pass

2 people like this.
  8. munco

munco Member

yeah, not sure why people keep saying Lillard scored all of his 11 points on Lin in the 4th quarter. go back to the play by play. Lin wasn't even in the game when Lillard scored one of those 3.

more importantly in the OT Douglas was 0 for 4 and Lillard scored 6 points.

9. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

As i said sometime ago.

we need play zone defense, when tem 3-shot enemy is hot

10. bucky99

bucky99 Member

This loss is clearly on Lin. He totally disappeared during OT. He didn't cut to the ball, take any shots, or play any defense. He was so passive, just sitting on the bench watching Harden. You can't blame the coaches for that, he's just not being aggressive.

(sarcasm if you couldn't tell)

11. MKL

MKL Member

Man, I was furious, now I'm just depressed. Goodnight all..

12. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Did you guys still remember how the Smith guy deal with Yao when he made small mistakes as a rookie? where is that guy now?

Now this Sampson guy treats Lin the same way. I guess Sampson will go where smith is now.

13. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

yea but Lillard made a 2ptr on the left side of the basket on Lin. Then he scored another 2ptr on the same side except Parsons and Lin swiched.

14. Arthurprescott2

Yea cause Aldridge sets the hardest f-ing picks. There's no real way to get around that. The help defense needs to step in there. You can't expect a guard to get around picks like that. NO guard does.

15. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Waiting for a "I miss McHale" comment, a la those "I miss Lowry/Dragic" comments...

16. slickster

slickster Member

We've got to start a petition to fire this POS immediately. No joke. Do it.

17. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

Yup, lets go with your eye test instead of math.

18. GideonC

GideonC Member

Exactly how I felt and currently feel... probably the weirdest, least defensible pro coaching decision I can remember offhand... was so POd and now just feel bummed... time for bed, I guess.

P.S. What really sucks about this is that it put a bitter taste on what should have been a very positive day for the franchise: Lin showed the potential today to form a great backcourt with Harden... it was an excellent game for him, up until the OT, and in an overall sense for the team it really hinted at what the Rockets could be as our young players grow together.

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

How dare you, sir. Rockets fans love Keith Jones!

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'Little bit better matchup defensively'

Well, we absolutely handcuffed ourselves offensively. when Lin was finally starting to look decent. Great work. Good job. Eugh.