1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

And you're entitled to your LOF-dom, that's fine too.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Actually, Lin said before the NBA, his opponent didn't want to get embarrassed by him because he's Asian but right now as a Houston Rockets/ players are going at him because of scouting report...

3. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

I bet you if Lin was black in color, Mr.Sampson would have put Lin in OT. IMO, Lin did a damn good job tonight, the best he ever had with the rockets.

4. nono

nono Member

Stop with the racism nonsense guys.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Because black players have it in for asian players? Ask Lin, he's the one who said it in Woj's article. I agree with Lin's opinion.

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Keeping post Torocan. I for one enjoy your posts immensely. Facts are facts. Some of the posters will come around to see what you see ... just like the coaches will eventually.

It's an 82 game season.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's like saying I bet if you weren't a 2012'er you wouldn't think that.

8. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Douglas is not better defensively. He jumps around and flops his arms a lot, but he isn't half as effective as Lin on defense. The problem is, people seem to misjudge lin's play a lot.

If he get's picked without help D, people say, opposing PG blew by him. If someone makes a contested three, like Lillard did this game, 'oh look, Lin getting lit up.' Basketball isn't a one sided game. Sometimes, professional players will make tough, contested shots. Lillard did that a few times tonight.

Lin is a good to great defender this year. Douglas is a decent defender but equally he makes bad decisions on defense and offence that costs. People watching just thinking that jumping around = defense. It doesn't.

I'm sad we lost this game, the team played well and there were lots of positives but we just don't seem to have the bottle at the end. Too much ISO and silly coaching decisions. I'd like to blame the refs but we got some calls our way too during the game. I think the refs were just poor overall rather than biased against the rockets.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tough loss. We will learn and get better from this. Off to LA. Lakers Sunday.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/269692216514052096" data-datetime="2012-11-17T06:43:29+00:00">November 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Exactly what I was saying when Lillard got hot toward the end of regulation.

Our coaching staff is caught sleeping on the job again. :mad:

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

So now because he's in the NBA, they don't care about being embarrassed, where as before they did?

12. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

Yes I am 2012 Diva...yah..! What is your point?

13. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Can we at least stop with the Harden ISO plays at the end of games?

14. Mr. Space City

who cares about his opinion?

lin has hype attached to his name and people want to go at him due to that hype.

i don't remember black power forwards going at yi jianlian because he's asian :confused:

15. JK1

JK1 Member

We're 8 games into the season, you fcken moron.

what feast what famine? WTF are you talkin about...... seriously?

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I just wish the Clutch Crews would ban everybody who makes a race comment. There's enough unnecessary, non-enlightening, and uninteresting comments to read through a 130+ page thread, not to have race involved.

Ban everyone who makes a racist comment, or takes a bait, or tries to bait someone. Ban them, and put a thread just for it (like the video reviews of the flops), and then it'll go away. Will only take a couple of weeks, the site will be better.

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

anyone hear the post game comments from sampson?

18. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

I'm sorry but have you played a game of basketball in real life. I could give a **** what race anybody was if they can ball they can ball if I know they're good I'm going to try and out do them because I know they're reputation. Race has no part in this whatsoever its just stupid that you keep bringing it up. You're talking about professional NBA players they have a lot of things to play for rather than focusing on the issue of race.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

TD is better at on the ball defensive and attacks opponents agressively while Lin is the type that gives more space and likes play help defense which gives him steals.

20. just a word

just a word Member

ClutchFans.net @clutchfans
    "I just thought it was a little bit better defensive matchup." - Kelvin Sampson on playing Toney Douglas over Lin in OT.

DAMMIT SAMPSON.