1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I'm going to get off this board for a while before I smash my iPad.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Terrance Jones should at least be giving some PT backing up Patterson. I hope this happens soon.

3. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Exactly. Jeremy needs to learn through these experiences. IF they are gonna use him like this, why did they get him?

4. nbafever

nbafever Member

We need to run more sets for Mookie. He seems to be our best scorer on catch and shoot 3s.

We lost because we got into an offensive drought mid-2nd half again. We're too young to win consistently in the endgame. POR only needs to guard Harden. We need to guard Lillard, Batum, and LMA.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

When you take player in and out, it always messed up the rhyme too. If someone play well, you got to reward them and keep them in, that's what Rick Adelman do even if their defense is lacking a bit. Sampson is a r****ded coach. I seen him done it in other game and it cost the team also. This ****er need to be replaced. Lin is not a bad defender. Did you see him taking a charge on Batum?? C'mon....Lin is clutch and also produce when it comes to crunch time...this stupid coach obviously are clueless. When he was in NY, Douglas didn't even get to play and sitting at the end of the bench...god, i can't stand this ****ing coach!!I hate watching game that had coach just ruined it.

6. instar

instar Member

ok. i understand TD was in there for defensive reason, but why he had to take that many shots?

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I really like this post and feel that it embodies how I feel as well:)

8. JK1

JK1 Member

fire Amel ?

9. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

We need a reason why lin was on the bench in overtime. Lin was having a pretty good game. Lillard was gonna be on fire on anybody who guard him. Tony D jacking up shots in OT makes it worse.

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

Clutchfans is Knee-jerk city. :grin:

But IMHO, Sampson is an obviously superior coach.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's odd to me too. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I hope Morey is putting something together to go get LA right now

13. rocketsmetalspd

Too soon for Tanking the season. I still believe the team will be aiming to make the playoffs(where I have we heard that before) and another trade will be done this season to get the team there.

14. ninamu

ninamu Member

Maybe the coaches trying to expose harden to revenge on morey?

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I feel like Morris benefited from his time with the D-League. Now he's looking like the better player between him and Patterson. Who knows if he would have produced the same numbers with increased minutes last season, but from the little time he did play he looked terrible.

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

How is Portland not one of the elite teams in the west? They have 4 scorers that can put up 20 +, Lillard, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews. Lillard and ALdige are all star caliber. I remember Portland always pulling this miracle crap against us, still remember that dagger from Brandon Roy and him run around flipping his jersey up.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Fans buzzing about Rockets sitting Jeremy Lin the entire OT, but Damian Lillard scored 11pts on Lin in the final 4:05 of regulation.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/269683944335736832" data-datetime="2012-11-17T06:10:37+00:00">November 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

To be fair, Lillard could gone number 2 overall if the 4 teams before Portland already had a set PG.

But I agree Terrance Jones should get more mins.

19. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

I blame this one on the entire squad. Both, coaching and team execution. It is unacceptable to give up a 16 point lead. Wayyy too many 3 pointers and not enough attacking the basket. Honestly, this squad has potential to be really good, and I like the fact that players are coming into their own buttttttt......as many of you have said, a true offensive scheme needs to be put in. Although they have improved and the offense seems to score, pick and roll basketball on every single possession is not going to cut it.

20. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

Great game. Still don't know why everyone is expecting so much from this team this early in the season?? Calm down. They are still growing and every game it seems like they've taken steps in the right direction. Morris is getting more confident. Asik is a double double machine. Parsons is starting to find his groove. And Jeremy Lin will get his confidence back eventually. I can't believe the standards are so high for such a young team. Come on people this team didn't even get a training camp together!