1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Get this guy a wheelbarrow to carry around his enormous cajones.:grin:

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The league has fined many broke NBA players before. This doesn't seem to be anything new. Its a pretty schrewd business.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, he wouldn't show up to the fight and I don't think twittering "punch" to you over and over again will cause you any harm. :p

4. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I make $15000 a year. This guy is REALLY full of himself.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

From the Rockets perspective absolutely. They cannot show publicly that they gave up on him. The decision to be an NBA basketball player MUST come from Royce. This will force him to be the one that makes that decision.

6. kinein

kinein Member

Guy has got too much potential - Rockets need to do Damage Control and find a "Royce White Whisperer"

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What a lame dude.

Freakin scardy cat. SMH.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's classic projection. Accuse others of being uneducated and dishonest, when that's pretty much him through and through.

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

like what a father figure and some xanax?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He finally got the guy's name right at least.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Apologies to my guy "Dr. Fink*" he's a cool guy.

11. kinein

kinein Member

Father figure, Xanax, Big Brother, Mother figure, a beautiful woman. Whatever - I don't think the Rockets have exhausted all possibilities yet. I believe in being a very proactive when it comes to trouble shooting.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I had to stop working for 3 months to take care of my sick child & my other 3 children, and then broke my ankle in June causing me to miss more work. My family and I have had to deplete our savings and could really use $15,000 right now.

Feeding 4 children, medication and travelling to and from the hospital 3 times a week isn't cheap.

I wish Royce would pull his head out of the clouds and get a dose of reality.

To Royce:
    There are people out there busting their butts to feed their children, some working 2 jobs, going through stress that makes your anxiety seem like a walk in the park on a sunny day...and you're sitting in your ivory tower Tweeting like a spoiled child about being fined for not honouring your contractual obligations.

Welcome to the real world son, get off your high horse or ride it out of town mate...this coming from one of your top supporters. Maybe you need someone close to you to give you some tough love to show you that if you don't help the Rockets help you help yourself, then it won't be long before you are an afterthought in the memory of your #AnxietyTroopers.

And if you want to quote Bible verses Royce,

Proverbs 28:19
    He who works his land ( works Hard ) will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty.

2Thessalonians 3:10
    For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

#1932 IzakDavid13, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    4 people like this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

fyp...

1 person likes this.
  14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Props to you for staying strong and working through it!

Imagine if everyone who faced adversity reacted the way Royce has.....scary!

15. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think some people here have swung too far in their hate against White. I don't support the way he is handling things, but I am fairly confident that his condition is causing this behavior and in his mind he is doing "the right thing" even if the vast majority of the public is going to see his tweets and reported behavior as a big mistake.

He deserves criticism for not at least meeting Dr Fink in person and trying the Rocket's provided therapy if that report is true. If has met Dr Fink in person and has a legitimate complaint that goes beyond "this a doctor who isn't my personal doctor", then the Rocket's should negotiate and find a different doctor. But if every doctor, except for Royce's personal doctor, is going to get the same reaction, or he hasn't even met Dr Fink yet, then the Royce has to realise that compromise is necessary.

Royce is right to be disturbed by some of the hateful comments and ignorant comments telling him to just "man up", or play thru it. Some things are beyond his control. I don't think he is doing this because he is lazy or looking for attention necessarily. Just some one who isn't capable of dealing with things the same way most of us are, who thinks he is being mistreated even if no one else can see it. He has a mental disorder, so expecting all of his behavior to make sense to us isn't reasonable.

We can't understand his perspective and he can't understand ours. In the end that may mean he can't be an NBA player. He does deserve help, even after his twitter tirade. But he has to be willing to accept the help that is offered if he wants to have any chance here.

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In case it hasn't been posted yet.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I hadnt had a chance to follow the saga bc I was a little tied up today...but I just cant believe it has actually continued and gotten worse.

This guy is a total clown...I want him off this team. I want him to look back on his time in Houston and see how good he had it with the Rockets.

****ing loser.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    Apologies to my guy "Dr. Fink*" he's a cool guy.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    This is my focus, he needs me #healthy... rich OR broke. #priorites http://instagr.am/p/SERm31ulld/

What a smart ass apology there. Dr. Fink with a asterisk and in " ". Enough already. :rolleyes:

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

There are about half billion Chinese work their arses off everyday or the family would starve, a lot of them might actually have mental illness but they might not even know they do --- They still go to work everyday while dealing with their own problems, somehow someway.

Royce, stop acting like you are speaking for the others, you are not.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This post needs to be sent to Royce by any means necessary. This is REAL adversity. His passive aggressive crusade to stop #ignorance is only making him look more and more foolish and entitled each and every day.