1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If this is the case, they are essentially not paying him. That seems fair since he not working so to speak. He is occupying a roster spot and having an effect on the cap though, so the Rockets are still incurring a negative effect as this continues unresolved.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Any tweets from Royce today so far?

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Wait till his fines total his year's salary then cut him imo.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Something about standing over the edge at the JP Morgan building hopefully.

5. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

damn.....

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    “@rickylela: @Highway_30 do us all a favor and just shoot or hang yourself.....Thanks:)” Reasons why I tweet... These are our neighbors.

6. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

I just feel bad for the dude. He needs help.... His tweets don't make sense. This could be worse than just anxiety.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    @DemetriusL7 I do it because the positive isn't ALARMING, the negative scares me and it should scare everyone. Quantity is really high!

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Wow that's uncalled for. I really hope Royce doesn't harm himself.

8. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Yes, frankly, you sound like a non mental health professional, lol.

First off, OCD IS an anxiety disorder. So far, White has claimed to have several of them: PTSD, OCD, GAD, and probably social phobia and specific phobias (heights, planes, etc.).

I do agree with you that seeing a new therapist can be very anxiety provoking for many patients with anxiety disorders, and I also generally agree with you that people with OCD like to stay in control of their surroundings. My own hypothesis is that White would prefer to have his own experts because they appear to allow him to avoid facing his fears directly, which also happens to be the only way he will get better. He knows that if he sees a true mental health expert, that person will try to get him to fly on the planes and to stop his avoidance behavior. White feels more comfortable being coddled by his own "experts" and having everyone dance around him and his anxiety. Somehow he has gotten by this way so far, but we are seeing the hard way that it's not going to work any longer.

1 person likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When this guy tried to go toe to toe with every single tweeter that did not agree with his actions, he was asking for more extreme opinions to come his way.

Im in no way excusing these tweets, but I am saying that the more this guy acknowledges them, and fights them, the more extreme they are going to get, and he has WAY MORE to lose in this then some pimple faced teen playing on the computer in his mom's basement.

10. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Just to add onto this, we really don't know what White truly has in terms of psychiatric disorders. I am not even sure if he has had a true psychiatric assessment and his PCP is not qualified to do such an assessment. I doubt that he has all of the anxiety disorders I listed above that he claims to have. People usually have one or two primary disorders that explain their problems, not every single anxiety disorder in the DSM. Maybe that is also part of his reluctance to see the Rox doctor- he may tell him that he doesn't in fact have some of the problems he claims to have.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

A_Sidd1990 aka Abdul Siddiqui embarrassing himself on twitter. :eek:

-------------------

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
    @bleacherreport �� Why I tweet, ppl dont even understand their obligation to 50 mil ppl, even in what they write. pic.twitter.com/X5Xkm3aZ
    [​IMG]

@BleacherReport Seriously, get a grip, if you think the sports world should get a pass to be uneducated, your an IDIOT, DAN LEVY! And if you don't draft mentally ill player being honest out front, you promote players not saying anything. Then, you end up dealing with in a consequential way later, theres no way to avoid us, 1/4 GLOBALLY. Educate Yourself.

12. izeroi

izeroi Member

That's just ridiculous. People like that shouldn't be able to voice their opinion in public or to anyone for that matter.

13. kent335

kent335 Member

Royce, I am ashamed of you. At least I played a couple of games before throwing a temper tantrum. You are a draft bust.

Ryan Leaf.

1 person likes this.
  14. izeroi

izeroi Member

And good god after reading all of these tweets I've never seen so many people not know the difference between "your" and "you're".

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Welcome to you are doom.

16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

agree. but Royce needs to GET OFF THE TWITTER!!!!!!!

He is making the situation worse, welcoming trolls to combat him and that cannot be good for anxiety! If not playing enhances his anxiety, then getting people to call you names and tell you to kill yourself can't be helpful either!!

Royce--go to Malibu, find Buddha, come back in a year. Hope you get better.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so , he's PTSD now?

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It was early in the morning, and I was also browsing an NFL forum. lol.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Is there anyway his contract is voided after repeated no-shows?

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree with Mannix.....royce doesnt love basketball...he wants to do other things, probably things where he can be his own boss and work alone, like music, writing, etc...I dont understand why he even bothered entering the draft? Just about money? Basketball isn't his first love, it's killing him internally, so why keep playing? Maybe he should retire already.

And Solomon? Really? So, we should assume Royce can't show up for practice and games over the span of several days because he just can't bring himself to because of his anxiety? If it's that consistently bad at the moment, shouldn't he be at the hospital or resting, not tweeting?

I think it's clear he's holding out until the team accommodates him. Royce has said his anxiety is in check, so that's not the problem right now.