1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yes because those stats tells you shet about his shooting and passing abilities

He barely played the first 2 seasons because he was behind Kidd, KJ and Cassell

He shot a lot of threes and jumpers during those seasons because he has always been a great shooter. Even when he struggled with a bigger role the first season in dallas, he still shot a respectable 37.5% from the three, other wise he rarely dipped below the 40% mark in college or the NBA. He basically had all the tools from the very beginning, it just took him a while to adapt to the game and utilize those tools to impact the game.

Lin is a different case because he is more of a "raw" player in comparison to Nash, definitely more athletic, bigger, way better defense, but severely lacking in fundamentals in comparison to a young Nash in terms of shooting, handling, passing. Where Nash needed to learn to utilize and refine the tools he already possessed, Lin needs to work very hard to improve the fundamentals that a PG needs.

This is why I rarely respond to people like you anymore. You make Lin fans like Roxxy look bad with your just check the boxscore and let's post it and sound smart bs.

1 person likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So did no one see what Sampson said about Lin?

So I guess that is the reason we don't see Lin get many picks. Looks like it is something they are working on though.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I saw this. I was annoyed at first that they are spending 8 million on a pnr guard & 8 games in are just starting to implement PNR plays for him. But torocan made a fair point that there hasn't been enough practice time to get everything in. Seems like they started with Harden & now it is Lin's turn. Hopefully the team picks it up asap tired of watching the asian american ray allen.

4. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you for that post. At least we know they're forcing him to work on his weaknesses and then develop him to a all around player.

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Lin is awful, not even half the player that Goran or Lowry were.

Lin can't even make a layup. He missed at least two point blank layups last night, airballing three pointers the night before that.....

Yeah, not even sure Lin could start for the Vipers at this point.

6. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, I was annoyed too but now I understand what they are trying to do with him working on his weaknesses. He has games & potential but he will never be Ray Allen for sure.

7. Luca

Luca Member

Ok, thank you for your very positive comment.

8. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

This is Lin under Woodson - he can play this way and do this here as well, but he looks and plays differently. The system, the spacing all look different and I guess he's not comfortable with this - to my casual eye, our opposing lanes are more packed than it is here, so I guess that's why he can't drive in the same way

From memory he did not take as many spot of 3s, it's a last resort for him, most of the time he does it off a dribble

But it also seems like he panics he and doesn't pull out his other mid range shots that he has in bags of tricks. I guess they will come when he settles in

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GBSji8VZ7tw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey do you live on the second floor?

I live upstairs from you

I think you may have seen me before

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope so too, Harden and Lin can be a really dangerous backcourt duo they just need to be more comfortable with giving Lin more responsibility because he'll create for Harden too and Harden will create for Lin. The first two games was hopefully a preview of things to come.

Lin has done everything else well though outside of scoring. Once he gets that going people are going to be really excited about him.

11. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

It's hard to believe that professional NBA coaches are dumber than us schmucks on an internet board, so I'm trying to have faith that they know what they're doing, though it's hard to watch one of your favorite players struggle.

Amare used to be one of my faves, and it's hard to watch him with his injuries and poor play. Why do I bring him up? Well, you see what happens to a player when they're maximized for their strengths but not developed in other areas. Now that he's lost his athleticism, we see how poor his fundamentals are, his inability to defend, etc.

I don't think the Linsanity type of play is sustainable for Lin. It would be awesome for us fans, but either he would get injured again or his weaknesses would get exposed.

We saw a little of what the Harden/Lin backcourt could be in the Atlanta game, but is that type of play sustainable for either of them? It also wouldn't do anything for Asik's development as a player to put a stopgap 4 next to him. He's 26 and it doesn't seem like the Bulls wanted him for anything but defense, which is good for them, but not so good for Asik.

I'm just rambling, but I can't believe Morey, king of stats, doesn't know what Lin's strengths are. If they find that Lin doesn't fit into their scheme longterm, or he doesn't develop in the way they expected, then they will trade him, but they won't flush $25 million dollars down the drain by purposely making Lin look an ass.

12. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

It's neither a negative or a positive comment. It's just an observational comment.

Lin would not start for most NBA teams right now. Not even close. You could argue that Tony Douglas is out playing him right now. TONY DOUGLAS

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Why is he still struggling? There seem to be a ton of excuses about confidence and coaches not using him properly. What gives?

14. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Its not healthy leaving that thing up your butt for so long. Just saying.

1 person likes this.
  15. Luca

Luca Member

I think you must have got confused with someone else. I live in HK.

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This is an amazingly accurate post. Repped +2. These are all some of my favorite players in my life, such great memories.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you hear something late at night

Some kind of trouble, some kind of fight

Just don't ask me what it was

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You answered your own question. I don't think they're excuses, tbh.

His confidence is shot, the coaches aren't using him properly, and he needs to shoot better.

19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Lin is being instructed not to take midrange shots, which 1) does not allow him to get warmed up (I challenge anyone to walk into a gym cold and make an even an unguarded NBA 3-pointer), and 2) does not force the defense to play honest. Reminds me of when the old Raiders used to only run the ball up the middle and throw streak passes/bombs, not too hard to defend. Lin has a great midrange game, which he showcased at Harvard and as early in the NBA as the John Wall game in summer league. I remember seeing it posted on CF that Lin has been instructed by the coaching staff to only shoot 3's or try layups--would the original poster please re-post?

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

4,5,4,4,7,9 points
    2,3,3,3,1,2 assists
    PPG 5.5 APG. 2.3

What is this? $8m pointguard in Devin Harris. Used the 6 game spread cause thats what everyone wants to bash Lin on.

1 person likes this.