1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris confidence increasing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Marcus Morris is cold blooded

I think he's beat the buzzer (game or shot clock) at least once the last few games. And he's making them look so easy that I'm actually getting go-to player vibes from him (and, yes, I'm aware of the weight of this statement).

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Um no.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Yes. He's already the best offensive option we have outside of Harden. Chandler's putting up similar points because of the minutes and the threes but Morris can do it from everywhere.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Dude needs 30 mpg and at least 10 shots a game. Guy is mini melo.

5. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

It worked for Brooks, Lopez, and Patterson, I think the only player it didn't work for was Thabeet :grin:.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Gotta give props to my man Marcus. He is now one of my favorite players on the team.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

He's having a good run, I don't expect more then a good versatile player with a 10-15 points per game coming off the bench and capable of hustle plays.

8. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

100% agree, he needs 30min, his the only guy who has developed so far on our team this year.

Most likely candidate to become a second go to scorer for us with his handle and shot.

More confidence more shots!

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is actually the best comparison I've seen thus far. Butler is money though and a late developer, I hope Marcus reaches Butler's level someday as a Rocket and not as a Wizard.

10. dobro1229

Went from "trade him for a 2nd rounder" to everyone's favorite player. All it took was a year in the D-league & an offseason spent rounding out his skills, and a little playing opportunity for folks to go 180 degrees on him.

Sometimes, rookies just aren't ready yet, and need that year of development. Should be a positive thing to consider later on this year when the "why McHale play no rookie" threads start coming out of the woodwork.

11. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Eat Crow Morris haters! Im so happy for Marcus Morris, this shows that last years lockout season and logjam at PF is the reasoning behind his bad season.
    Like the look of him as our supersub at PF, spreading the floor nicely! Keep it up Mook! GO ROCKETS!:grin:

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I was an early Morris doubter, said he shouldn't be playing and we needed to trade him. Im glad he is playing great and im happy to eat crow. I hope he can produce like this on a consistent basis. If he continues to play with the same amount of passion and energy i have no doubt he will continue to play great and progress.
    /eatingcrow

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

jesus christ

1 person likes this.
  14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I was never a Morris hater but I did doubt him but I really never understood the hate he got all last season the dude never played a single minute he didn't deserve it but I eat my crow for doubting him.

By far the brightest spot on our team this season after Harden and Asik.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He played defense tonight. Becoming a complete player. Outstanding range on his shot. Go Mo!

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Love Marcus this year! Hope he stays on the bench and develops into a total offensive monster, in addition to his rugged, tough defense. I want him to be a monster 6th man. God knows we need some offense for that second unit lol.

17. dobro1229

Sometimes in the NBA its about finding a role. As soon as they brought in Harden, Morris was tailor made for their offensive sets as a stretch 3/4 player who can defend multiple positions.

18. stefanb

stefanb Member

He is looking great. He is definitely surprising some people out there, including me.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Where are the people who said he couldn't shoot?

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Marcus Morris about the show the world he's on Rudy Gay's level?

I say this comparison because Morris has been a black hole and doesn't really get to the line. He's also a tweener 3/4 with solid rebounding. Basically all the makings of a Rudy Gay plus maybe some extra defense.