1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Should have let him play in the Heat game. He could have seen what kind of anxiety LeBron gives people.

Is he for real? People trying to win games here. It's not like DMo and Machado are getting a lot of playing time.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

#LickScroteRoyce

#1282 LonghornFan, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, why the **** is he still tweeting?? You're a ROOKIE. You EARN playing time. Go down to RGV, tear it up like you apparently think you can, come back up here, and start getting some PT in games. That's how it's done. By trashing the team that invested money, resources, and time in you, all you're doing is ostracizing your teammates, your coaches, your reps, and most importantly, YOURSELF. If he wants a future in this league, he's GOT to get a grip, and make amends with the front office and coaching staff. Otherwise, ultimately, he's going to be the only one who suffers for it.

1 person likes this.
  4. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

He deleted the tweet about being underprivileged

5. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

they should play his ass tonight and put his ass on the spot. And when he screws up they can tell him. THIS is why you not playing, not quit crying and man up to the situation you put yourself in. What a crock.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

The fans are going to eat him alive for this.

7. BeardlyBeardman

Dear Boss,

I feel like I may have a lot of anxiety if I have to come to work on Friday and attend that big meeting. I think me going trout fishing would be a lot better for my health. Tom will handle all of my work for me. I ask for your support as an underprivileged employee. Please direct deposit my check and I'll try to make it in around next Wednesday if the anxiety allows. Thanks for your understanding!

P.S.
    I'm going to need Tom's office when I get back because it will help me feel healthier.

1 person likes this.
  8. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

This isn't going to end well. I'm afraid the backlash on Twitter and in public in general will be more than he can handle. Fame/infamy is a landmine. I actually hope he's too self-absorbed and vain to harm himself.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

repped

someone should tweet this post and entire thread Royce's way

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

so.. has he given an excuse for missing practices in town though? im not here to judge i just want to know what hes up to. seems to be fine enough to tweet. at least i would be excited to practice..

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Someone needs to ask him if he thinks he deserves more minutes than his teammates on account of his disorder. There are only so many minutes to go around. If they're forced to earn them, why can't he?

1 person likes this.
  12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Does anyone know how much the fine is?

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

ding!!!!!!!!!! we have a winner. He needs to understand that playing time for him would come at the expense of his teammates, many who have put in a full year in the D-league and have earned their opportunity. Does he want to undermine or hurt his teammates?

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wow what a friggin disaster! Royce just shut up and hope the Rox don't cut your a$$.

15. carayip

carayip Member

Maybe he doesn't know yet that the Rockets play in Toyota Center, not Mental Illness Health Center.

16. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Ok, I have read through only 10 pages and wanted to add my opinion, even though it may never be read... LOL

1) The way the Royce is handling this by not making it to practice, missing games and tweeting his position on the matter is wrong, regardless of his condition. If the issue is that much of a problem to him, he should be in constant contact with Rocket brass and handle things much more discreetly. Then work to show how he is dealing with his disorder with positive results if he wants anyone to take him serious as an advocate for dealing with such issues.

2) I would believe that the position that Rockets brass is taking is the politically and ethically correct one in showing all support and trying to make accommodations for his illness to make him successful. However, what he (Royce) may not understand is that all of this is ground work as leverage to get out of the contract without being sued for not accommodating someone who might fall under the Americans with Disability Act http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/disability/ada.htm . So, it wouldn't surprise me if the Rockets show and communicate all they can do for Royce and then in the end let him go. And/or get back some kind of insurance relief.

That all being said, I think I am falling in line with most people that if he doesn't start handling this with more maturity, devotion and dedication, I for one would be more saddened by the loss of a first round pick than the shenanigans of Royce White or his illness.

17. carayip

carayip Member

Maybe he thinks he's more talented and better than those teammates played over him. Don't forget this guy once thought he's better than Anthony Davis and MKG.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

stop using it as a crutch

start using it as a clutch

clutch city...not crutch city

1 person likes this.
  19. Mr. Space City

cut this bum.

i don't care what he has to say at this point or how he can play.

just cut him.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know, but I hope the fines are exactly as high as the salary.

You would be surprised how quickly the whining and pouting would end (if the players' union is reasonable and does not take his side).