1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Clearly you don't have a degree in English. That was an email from Royce to Fink - it's Royce who can't formulate a sentence. Which is not surprising since his preferred method of written communication is Twitter.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

a rookie isn't getting playing time, while he's skipping practices and games?

OMGAWD, call the media

3. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Seriously, its time to lighten up a bit and not have such a stick between your buttocks. Given your moniker I assumed you'd have some sort of a sense of humor but you're posts make you seem more like a buttock-head.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

everyone needs to stop following white on twitter, they are just positively reinforcing his behavior

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Shortest NBA Career ever?

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Notice how the Rockets PR guy steps in as soon as the Royce questions come up. He was about to stop the interview...chandler was sweatin' that one..

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

forgive if it's already been posted; just a rotoworld blurb:

The Rockets are reportedly fining Royce White every day he misses practice or therapy sessions with a person chosen by the team.
    This situation has turned ugly fast. According to the report, White grew upset with a lack of playing time last week and met extensively with GM Daryl Morey and two assistant coaches. Morey reportedly told White other players had earned the time, while White reportedly believes the Rockets are holding his anxiety order against him. With both sides so at odds, it doesn't appear this will end quickly or well.
    Source: Houston Chronicle Nov 14 - 11:18 AM

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

My issue is that usually when someone is trying to bring awareness to a cause they don't do it in such a negative way. I understand that he probably doesn't think it's negative the way he is acting but the guy has to have someone around him that would be able to tell him that he is not handling it correctly.

I can't speak for someone with a disorder like this so I am not going to pretend I know what it feels like but if I were in the situation I would try my hardest to bring awareness and help to find a cure by actually tackling the problem and showing how much I have learned and come forward from this disorder. Rather than run away from everything I had apparently worked hard to get to.

Want to bring awareness to Cancer? Armstrong went out and won (granted he apparently doped up) but he brought peoples attention to it by working hard to make a positive out of a negative.

Royce is trying to bring awareness by turning a negative to an even bigger negative.

1 person likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Who are all these idiots on Twitter, encouraging him? The ones he retweets?

Clearly, he is sitting in front of his device, thinking he is in a circled wagon, and completely right.

Talk about being delusional.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I think they do it to just get a retweet.

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I think that distinction belongs to:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I hope Royce gets it together, we could really use him, I think he'd contribute immediately with his skillset and would instantly be one of our best off the bench players.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wow,

You guys are really trying not to understand. The man has anxiety and it effects everything in his life. Sometimes he's just not going to know what the right path to take is. He may see the right path, but he may see that everyone is against him down that path. Are they actually against him, no, but it feels that way to him. Patience is key here with Royce.

The man is a helluva ball player. I hope he gets things square with the Rockets and that the Rockets don't give up on him. He'll start to make progress when he feels safe.

14. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Royce White is a complex being who for some odd reason thinks he is above the rest of his teammates. It is a damn shame.

He is probably smoking tons of weed, just an assumption but his tweeting binge makes it seem as if he is stoned. He probably smokes to try to calm his anxiety, but in reality it enhances it and brings it out even more. I bet this is his main reason for missing practices and games.

The Rockets should conduct a drug-test ASAP. It is a shame looking at all the players we could have had instead of this damaged individual. I hope all works out and I wish Royce a full and speedy recovery. It kind of reminds me of Ricky Williams during his crazy retirement fall-out. Go Rockets. :grin:

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

because you are following him... :p
    twitter trends are tailored for you by default.

16. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

When he feels safe? pleeeaaasssee... He is getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to play basketball, not be a advocate for overcoming mental illness. For every person using anxiety as an excuse/crutch, there are 50 that got proper treatment and live normal lives because of it.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Has anyone told you that that email is from Royce to doctor and not from doctor to Royce?

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He has followers who will say they dont follow basketball, but look up to him because of what he is doing. That's a big problem. It's hard to get both sides if you just follow Royce on twitter and don't understand the NBA or pro sports.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If his current behavior is a result of his illness, that's fine, but it does not excuse it. He is proving his disorder is too much for him to overcome, and also too much for the Rockets to accomodate. He is showing everyone he is not capable of playing in the NBA. The Rockets will sit and wait to see if he comes around, and offer him help and accomodation within reason, but they are not going to let him abuse their organization by thinking he is above the D-league, etc.

20. tofu--

tofu-- Member

He's the type that as long as one person thinks he's doing right, even if the majority screams he isn't, he'll believe it.