1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How have Royce's words and actions affected you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 14, 2012.

?

How have Royce's words and actions affected you?

1. I have a mental illness and it's now easier to talk about it and get help.

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. I have a mental illness and it's now more difficult to talk about it and get help.

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. I have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me.

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. I don't have a mental illness, but I now have a more positive view and a better understanding.

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. I don't have a mental illness, but now i have a more negative view and a lesser understanding.

75 vote(s)
    32.5%
  6. I don't have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me.

96 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I tweet 2 promote <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Honesty">#Honesty</a> and point out <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Misinformation">#Misinformation</a>... It's important 2 see what ppl think about issues, their ur neighbors. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23ItMatters">#ItMatters</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268743888477487106" data-datetime="2012-11-14T15:55:10+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As Royce's newest neighbors, what do we, now, think about this issue?

1) I have a mental illness and it's now easier to talk about it and get help.

2) I have a mental illness and it's now more difficult to talk about it and get help.

3) I have a mental illness and he's had no effect on what I think.

4) I don't have a mental illness, but I now have a more positive view and a better understanding of these conditions.

5) I don't have a mental illness, but now i have a more negative view and a lesser understanding of these conditions.

6) I don't have a mental illness and he's had no effect on what I think.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Number 4. All day every day.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Number 3 (crazy ADD) and I think Royce is being a big vagina. There are things that I just can't do very well, but it doesn't stop me from doing things I'm not comfortable with.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Where is the "I want the 16th pick back" option?

5. dje243

dje243 Member

I feel the poll should ask what his tweets make us think of him.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Tweets are his words and actions. It's included. He's done and said more than what is on twitter.

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Royce White tweeting has not and will not have any effect on the way I feel about anything...other than the way I feel about Royce (he's being a b**** is how I currently feel)

8. dje243

dje243 Member

For instance... "I don't have a mental disorder and Royce's tweets make me think he's entitled"

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

He seems like a child. But who am I to judge. Hopefully he's telling the truth.

For our 16th pick sake.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Twitter is the completely wrong medium to try to promote a cause so complex, and the attitude in which he is doing so is even worse.

If anything, he should start a blog and promote it on twitter. But he needs to get in control of himself before anything. We can't forget that most pro athletes, especially 21 year old rookies, are basically children and are far from mature. There are very few 21 year old renowned advocates of anything.

11. conquistador#11

never seen so much drama from a middle of the first round selection! we're not talking about the first pick or the second, we're talking about the 16th pick, c'mon man.

I suffer from anxiety. One summer, when I came home from college, I didn't go out for two months. Anxiety can be an issue but Royce has the opportunity of a lifetime to be a spokesman, instead we're talking about a twitter war between him and himself. =/

I too want the pick back!

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I am very anxious about his vaginitis. I hope he finds the cure soon. Wish him the best as a player and a person. Said wish includes the eternal demise of Twitter - it's dumbing down our society and pumping up an already ego-centric, individualized world view with myriad negative results.

1 person likes this.
  13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Oh yeah, and #wordapp or whatever the f^ck. Stupid twitter....

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe he created some awareness short term for a cause.

However, the way he did it is going to make the impact short lived.

He exploited his boss/employer, got caught in a lie he refuted, violated the trust of a doctor/patient relationship, and destroyed his long term platform for change(basketball).

Yes, Royce might have got a few clicks on the wikipedia page of mental illness, but it was for the wrong reasons, and the affects will be short lived.

Good job Royce.

15. makman

makman Member

This is too broad, I care for mental illness just not his. I believe his to be exaggerated and over the top as a scream for attention. Without his drama he's just another rookie and clearly wants the spotlight and pull stunts to make sure it's on him. For someone who claims to have serious anxiety and social disorders he sure loves twitter and the polarization he's created. He's probably happier now being no.1 trending topic on twitter more than the day he got drafted.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i've been diagnosed with anxiety, and i find white to be highly annoying and unprofessional with how he is going about this.

you can't expect the world to baby you because you have an issue.

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

I didn't think it would create so much drama... I thought it was all going to be smooth sailing once they figured out the whole flying thing.

It's left a bitter taste in my mouth, the way everybody is handling it is pretty bad so far.

18. joesr

joesr Member

Lottery is all about gambles and Morey took the gamble now stop crying for the pick.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He hasn't changed my view on mental illness at all, unless being a dumbass is a mental illness.

1 person likes this.
  20. Precision340

Precision340 Member

i'm sympathetic towards what royce is going thru and i know it's easy for us to have a stong opinion and be critical because we don't have the illness.. but basketball is a business.. i doubt any other teams will cater to royce the way the rockets have so far... bottom line is, if he plans to play in the nba there's no way he can avoid flying!!