1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"your a COMMODITY" and "we'll support your health needs even if its inconvenient..." just don't go. My health can't afford such an ideal.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268550222362316800" data-datetime="2012-11-14T03:05:37+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. daernoth

daernoth Member

I wish his mom and some uncles had tackled him after the first tweet and taken his computer away.

He doesn't realize he is only making things worse not only for himself but for other people with mental problems trying to make it to the NBA level.

3. torocan

torocan Member

If White is saying it isn't Anxiety issues specifically, then it's sure sounding like he's having some issues with either the accomodations, or his attitude.

As for calling out the Rockets, that's a seriously BAD sign -- at best immaturity, at worst, core personality dysfunction.

The next bus trip White takes might not be a Team bus...

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's preaching honesty and truth, yet won't come clean about what this really is about? I understand health issues...i understand standing up for yourself.....but i dont understand publicly throwing your team under the bus without at least letting the public know why you're doing it. Either put it all out there or shut up and handle it out of the public eye. He's already in deep sht with Les, saying a few more things isn't going to matter.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I did not follow this year's draft.

Were the other teams and the Rockets not aware of this "health" issue?

Did it suddenly just pop up?

The reason I ask is that, with the disorder that he has, I am not sure if you can ever completely rely on a player like that. NBA can be grueling. Let's say the Rockets are making some noise in the playoffs 2-3 years from now. Can you rely on a player like this? You never know when he will have an anxiety attack.

If I am the GM and I have even a hint of this, I would have never considered spending a late 1st round pick on him , much less a 16th pick. What went wrong here?

6. Arthurprescott2

what requests and what inconsistent support is Royce talking about? Aren't the Rockets bending over backwards for him? Is this a temper tantrum cause he doesn't want to go to RGV?

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So did someone actually say "Your [sic] a commodity"?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Royce is the new DocRocket.

9. conquistador#11

i like how he uses little object icons in his tweets.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Come on Royce, keep tweeting! This is what I was waiting on! :p

I'm most definitely* not AWOL... There are many things here ppl don't know, #Honesty is what I'm sticking with. @HoustonRockets "Luke 12:3"

Problem goes back WAY before D-League assignment. This about #Consideration and #Health it isn't about Rebounds & Money.

My "anxiety" hasn't caused inconsistency in my participation with the team from training camp until 72hrs ago, ✈ to DET, ✈s Isn't the issue.

It's sad to think ppl ACTUALLY think �� should be higher on my priority list then health..you can't enjoy success OR money without health.

I'd waste my "Talent", to stand up for myself and what's right, regarding my health 10x's out 10. #Logical Player "Commodity" league.

"your a COMMODITY" and "we'll support your health needs even if its inconvenient..." just don't go. My health can't afford such an ideal.

Again My "Anxiety" is not well but not BAD, my main WORRY is being treated as a digit instead of a HUMAN, in the case of my health.

While #anxiety is the issue, the main piece of that isn't AIRPLANES, it's asking for support 4 my disorder thats consistent and fair.

“@ThaHECKler_: @Highway_30 dude shut up & play ball, nothin is wrong with u” LAST THING ill say is, comments like ONLY prove a disconnect.

#310 J.R., Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Did he get offended that Morey, or someone in the front office, called him a commodity?

12. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

I just wish he'd shut up on twitter already. That cannot be healthy for him. If he's so worried about his health, I think he needs to step back from all of the social networking.

I really want things to work out for the kid. I really want to like him. But he's not making it easy right now.

1 person likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

All we are doing is feeding his ego. If Rockets say nothing to him and act like this is all part of the norm BUT stop paying him till he reports and let him know were and how to report when he is ready --> He MAY just show up at RGV to play in a day/week/month or two when he wants to start getting paid again. Then no harm done just start like it is day one. This is like parenting... how far he can push & who is in charge. Time is the answer with him. Let him work it out on his own. When he is ready welcome him back with open arms then and only then he will know himself as part of the Rocket family better. When he is welcomed back he should find trust. Trust is what relationships are made from.

We have nothing now... but time (2 years)

14. torocan

torocan Member

This guy just doesn't know when to quit.

He's digging his own grave, jumping in and hollowing out the walls.

#dramaqueen?

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

His health should be his priority, but it's starting to feel like it's not about health.

16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I said before, and now again
    There is no future between the rockets and white
    He is a child who believe he has the reason in everything
    He is not a pro
    We waste the pick
    Let's accept this and move on.

17. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I think its safe to say we won't see Royce White in a Rockets uniform ever again.

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Just creaking waive him already, team doesn't need distraction like this. I do feel sympathy for his mental issue but all these tweets ain't got nothing to do with anxiety. It's simply being childish.

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

20. pandaboy99

pandaboy99 Member

Lin is also suffering from anxiety issues as well... why do you think he airballed that last shot