1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    See: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7334249&postcount=566
    <br>
    Like I said...In the end, I support Morey's decision making.
    <br>
    But Jeremy Lin is not a good player. And he will not live up to that contract.

That has nothing to do with Lowry, Dragic, Brooks, Rafer, Steve Francis, Matt Maloney, Bryce Drew, Sam I am, Kenny Smith, Scott Brooks and whoever else.

This has to do with Jeremy Lin.

#581 DudeWah, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. zdrav

zdrav Member

The age difference is significant because Dragic has been a pro since he was 17, whereas Lin only started seeing real playing time a few months ago. Lin is essentially still a rookie, whereas Dragic has played in playoff games before.

Nobody is saying that Lin will be a superstar PG, but you can't descredit a 25-game sample with a 7-game sample, which is what most Lin's harsh critics are doing right now.

And Lin averaged 15.3 pts, 7.3 asts, 5.6 rbs, and 2.3 stls per game in the first 3 games of the season.

Are you honestly going to tell me that if he finished with that stat line for the season, you'd say that he had a bad season?

3. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

[​IMG]

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

There's nothing to clarify. You are a hater and we all know that. Your arguments have been debunkers over and over again but you know what, it doesn't matter.

5. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

LOLOL

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Fair enough. I'm personally rooting for lin but he's looked tentative since preseason and frankly not very good for stretches this season.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

ROFL ROFL

8. nono

nono Member

Will never become a solid NBA starter ? Woah, you really reached deep in your anus to pull that one out. He is already a solid starter. We are waiting to see if he will be an $8m per year player or not.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    No, i'm realistic about Lin's potential whereas you guys like to live in lala land.

As for arguments being debunked, I dismantled everything you said and handed it back to you on a silver platter in hopes that you'd be able to understand simple points that were laid out so clearly in your face.

But you didn't. That's okay too.

Ill let you get back to your state of delusion.

10. hotballa

Dude you are stretching it with the Dragic thing. He's just a better player than jeremy.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Starter? Yes

Solid? No
    <br>
    <br>
    Last point while I'm channeling my inner DaDakota..
    <br>
    I think what you are missing is that pinning my hopes on a 24 year old "rookie" who has done nothing significant outside of a 20 game sample size seems foolish to me.
    <br>
    But, I am done with this conversation for now. Because unlike the real DD, sometimes one must know when to walk away from the repetitive nonsense :grin:

12. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

Right now? Obviously, as expected.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

whatever ..... Airball hurt mon . Hopefully this will fire up Jeremy Lin. He's got to be fearless again.

15. hotballa

The problem is that you are trying to compare a projection favorably against an existing thing.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Man how do you airball a wide open 3 in the NBA? How is that even remotely possible?

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

The problem is that people are trying to disprove a 25-game sample with a 7-game sample.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I should walk away from this. But I just can't resist...

Let's talk about something just in terms of experience and potential.

You say that Dragic has basically been playing pro ball since he was 17, correct?

He is now 26. So that gives him 9 years of experience at the highest level, right?
    <br>
    Now you say Lin is basically still a rookie at 24. So at the age of 26 he'll have what...2/3 years of experience?
    <br>
    Now tell me, will you still use the same weak argument at that point in time?

Will you say to just wait till he's 30 and reaches his true potential?
    <br>
    I honestly just do not understand how people can follow this line of reasoning and think it has some sort of merit.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

All you did is putting words in my mouth and pretending its what I said. No I've never made any assumptions regarding Lins's potential and I've been fairly cynical against Lin's performance.

You inability to understand basic basketball statistic is mind blowing, how hard is it really to figure out your PGs struggling has something to do with the low usage rate a.k.a ball not going through his hands. How hard is it to figure out harden is the main ball handler while taking most shots?

You don't seem to care, there's circular logic, false claims and twisted arguments in your post, and you didn't give a damn.

Yet you claimed victory.

I guess it's my fault to even start this conversation with a complete r****d. My apology.

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

talk about putting things into perspectives. i've just re-watched the 4th quarter at the 5:51 mark right when Lin and Harden was put back in..

-Lin contested Allen who misses a 3
    -Lin misses a mid jumper
    -Lin blocks Allen
    -Lin defends Lebron
    -Lin drives into 3 defenders. ugly assist to PPat
    -Harden isolation misses 3
    -Rocket's timeout
    -Taco Bell's new XXL Steak Nacho commercial. yum
    -Harden drives and assists to Morris for a 3
    -Lin knocks the ball out of bounds (Lebron intended a pass to Allen for a 3)
    -Harden assists to Parsons for a 3
    -Harden isolation misses a 3
    -107 to 110 Rockets lead at 54.8 seconds
    -Harden isolation drives into 2 defenders in the paint. misses a layupt
    -111 to 110 Miami leads at 18.6 seconds
    -Lin airs a 3
    -113 to 110 Miami leads at 7.1 seconds
    -Harden ignores the play where get Lin the ball (probably to get Harden a better look), instead Harden holds onto it and goes for the isolation misses a 3