1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here, ill say it for those who dont want to speak out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blink, Nov 9, 2012.

1. albuster

albuster Member

Agree mostly with your post. What seems missing with Harden, at this point, is showing us that he has a killer mindset like the other stars past and present. He definitely has the skills and ability as you stated.
    This year, he has the opportunity to show whether he has the inner qualities of a great star or just a very good NBA player.
    Five games, of course, is not enough to know how he will turn out so let us give him some time. Besides, the constant roster change is not conducive to developing the critical chemistry needed for the team and individual players to succeed. Let's see.

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

He has the killer mind set...He hasn't got a chance this year, but just watch tape on the guy, not Sportscenter highlights...actual "tape" on the dude...
    Harden will adjust, he could have kept shooting and shoooting and shooting the past few games, and in fact he did hit a big couple of shots, after struggling most of the night...To say he doesn't have the killer instinct over 5 games with the Rockets is just expecting way way too much. He isn't taking 30 shots a game....
    He has had some TO problems, but is that him or Asik not catching the ball, and an array of other team issues...give the team, and HIM time, he showed he could ball in a Rockets Uniform the first 2 games, he hasn't lived up to that GREATNESS, and see there in lies the problem, bc of what he did winning the player of the week, and bringing the team on his back and doing so well, to me that is killer instinct, he knows no one, has had "2 practices", and just straight out balls two games hard core...not knowing any plays really, just the high pick n roll...I think he's showed he can be a TOP NOTCH star...look face it to have a 23 year old that has already showed great promise, and has yet to reach his full potential, we are VERY LUCKY to have locked him up. Any team would love to have Harden right now, LOL the overreaction is insane...Give him time, and the TEAM to grow...5 games in, and the world is falling in Clutchfans nation...take a chill pill...we have so much going for us, the top being young, and the other being YOUNG star talent in the backcourt...and if Lin isn't a star, well he is a pretty good PG.

We aren't playing Steve and Cuttino ball, and launching tons of bad shots up with 1 second left of the shot clock...The iso ball is there, but it isn't so bad, it really is just a team growing, and trying to learn how to play together. Mchale prob. isn't the greatest coach, and prob. not the right guy NOW for this team...but until we find out...let's just enjoy the ride...I'm on the wagon, I've been on the wagon during the bad years, the ok years, and the long ago now DREAM years, I was barley around to understand the "Team that never was", but I know one thing, I'm on the wagon....ARE YOU?-not just who I pressed reply to, but to the "NEW" clutchfans that this site has become...

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This something needs to said that nobody is saying. We need more about too more really good black basketball players on this team... All we have is really Harden this is the nba. If you want to win the championship this had to be addressed better than how the rockets are currently addressing it. First step is to get Patterson out of the starting lineup and replace him with (very good to great black athletic power forward) could be Terrance Jones. Then if we are going to keep Lin at point then we need to get a small forward that is better than Chandler Parsons... Chandler Parsons could be a good sixth man. That's for the future of course.

4. nono

nono Member

Harden should really be the LEAST of our concerns at this moment.

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

cant believe nobody said this earlier

we have so many issues everywhere in the starting lineup on this team

Parsons, Asik, and Patterson cant hit open jumpers. How can you run a pick and roll, when the 3 other guys cant hit the barnside of a barn. Parsons had a good game yesterday, but he seems to brick wideopen 3's.

Lin is a good defender, and thats pretty much it for him. He cant shoot at all

6. Raven

Raven Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

and play the rookies god damn it

or give them some minutes down in the valley, they are just wasting away on the bench. Not getting any minutes

8. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

80% of our offense goes through Harden, and we should not be concerned with his slump?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you are being sarcastic right?

10. kent335

kent335 Member

There is a lot of over-reaction going on. This team is basically doing training camp all over again in November because of the trade. Let's wait and see how this team does in December when they have had a chance to play together for a bit and have everyone on the same page.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Those who want to speak out dont have that to say.

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

lol How do you rabbit punch someone in the gut?

Other than that I agree. Never been a fan of Lebron's perimeter game. U-G-L-Y (except for that one time when he went crazy and single handedly beat the Pistons with crazy iso jumpers)

14. blink

blink Contributing Member

players that are worth max are lebron, wade, d12, durant, rondo, cp3 and kobe. im sure im forgetting some but those are the ones that should get max and maybe more. harden is on the joe johnson, rashard, amare tier of players who are getting near max/max level pay.

max players do more than score, they are good decision/playmakers. rebounds, score, assist, defense, and everything in between. they need to be good at several of those categories. otherwise, they just eat up cap space for teams.

not every team can get those players, even if they have the money. we are in an era of basketball where we have hybrid players, the death of the center position, etc... it would make sense that max level players do more than the traditional roles of point guard, center, etc.

harden cant do more than score. he's not a passer, he's not a rebounder, and he isnt a leader... yet we pay him to do more than putting up points.

we have no choice but to pay him because the talent pool isnt there. even if he's here to attract other stars, i dont see any star thats hitting free agency over the next 5 years that is plausible for us to lure and sign here.

we are still a treadmill team.

1 person likes this.
  15. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Correct me if I was wrong, Lin shot 50% last game, right?

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

so how stupid do you feel now?

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Boom, roasted.

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Open mouth and insert foot... I don't know the extent of your basketball knowledge and or expertise on evaluating players but you was way the phukkk off with your analysis.

19. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

BOOM!

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

OP, how do you feel now?

BOOM!