1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/9/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2012.

1. adamzee

adamzee Member

even gil will toss lin a compliment once a month, smiegal. doesn't remove his or your agenda to bash him most of the time.

2. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He's been helping to keep us close in the 4th.

3. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Lin I mean.

4. coweye

coweye Member

Just got home from a 16 hour work day. Rockets lost. A lot of TO and Patterson is grabbing 4 Rebounds in 30min and our Rookies getting paid for training sessions and keeping the bench warm during the game.

1 person likes this.
  5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The problem with you player only folks is you're not objective. You folks think if anyone dares to say lin has faults, he is a hater.Even former tmac only fans are yao only fans were this irational. They were objective.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Might be the most sensible post in this entire thread. Bravo :grin:

7. adamzee

adamzee Member

i'm a fan multiple players on this team, as my post history indicates. might want to check to verify before you continue spouting nonsense. lin has faults, but it's easy to distinguish those who have an irrational hatred or agenda for a specific player, smiegal.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

look at you're join date and you're heated defense of one player. most of you're posts are blind defense of one player.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

This cannot be by design, Patterson parking himself behind the arc all game long???

10. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I don't really see the Lin haters as being objective. Lin's game was almost exactly comparable to Mike Conley who makes the same amount of money.

11. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

This board has gone full r****d.

12. adamzee

adamzee Member

*your. learn it.

perhaps you mean my heated defense of at least 4 players? i'm sorry if calling out your biased agenda means you need to resort to concocting lies.

13. DDuana

DDuana Member

I think gtm was referring to Harden, hence the "him and lin" in his second (and last )paragraph.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

opposing defenses have it easy, just focus on harden and let very one else have a open shot!!!!!! last 3 games ahve been like this and all losses. Patterson doing nothing but shooting 3 pointers and not rebounding, mchale wants to stretch the damn floor which leaves asik to get hammerd by himself in the paint, defino is inconsistant but still the best 3pt shooter off the bench, rookies ROTTING on the pine in suits and drinking gatorade all game, scared players forgetting their assignments on defense and forgetting plays on offense. Lottery here we come, might as well start vacations early.

With this season crashing i can see Morey making major moves next year or maybe before trade deadline. patterson needs to go

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Memphis' bigs were too big AND athletic for Houston's "vet" PFs. Patterson and Morris were overmatched and outplayed. Grizzlies lived in the post all game long.

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I know he wrote one bad sentence about Harden in the Harden thread, but says the same negative thing about Lin over and over again and he says we're not objecitve. Lin made mistakes, but everyone does, at the end of the day he played ok and also got us back into it.

17. torocan

torocan Member

Lin's shooting has improved steadily. He shot 50% tonight, put up 15 points, his FT shooting for the season is close to 95% so far, his TS% for tonight was close to 60%.

And you saying his defense sucks only tells us that you know VERY little about Team Defense, or offense for that matter.

You can CLAIM that you post good things about Lin, but your critical bashing of Lin far outweighs your positive or even neutral posts about Lin by a factor of 5 or 10 to 1. Don't even pretend you're anywhere near a neutral observer.

So please, save your "I'm objective" bleating for someone who doesn't read the other crap you post.

Denver is projected to be a top 5 team in the West. Memphis is a projected playoff team. Both teams have more experience, larger players, more returning players, deeper rosters, and strong defenses.

Our team has had alot of lapses, but you really have NO idea how good OR bad this team has been.

Here's a few facts...

We're allowing 96.5 ppg (13th in the league)
    We're scoring 96.5 ppg (17th in the league)
    We're rebounding 50.5 rpg (2nd in the league)
    We're passing 21.8 apg (16th in the league)

We held Memphis to 93.

Memphis is scoring an average of 101.8 ppg... 5th highest scoring in the league.

For a team with 13 new players, with our #1 offensive option only here since 2 days before the start of the regular season, stacked with rookies, and doing offensive and defensive sets on the fly, we're doing pretty darn well.

If you can't see that, then either you don't know basketball, or you're more interested in trolling than being a fan.

18. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Thank you. Your posts are very knowledgable and informative.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I just watched the entire first quarter & the team played well. We played pretty solid defensie except for that final possession where bayless took advantage of harden got to the rim kicked it back out to Gay who bricked the 3 long rebound out to Bayless who then nails a wide open 3 with 0.1 left on the clock. Aside from that one play everything else was solid. Oh also Harden set Patt up for a nice lay up & he decided to be to fancy & didn't convert. -_-

20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I think it's significant and it's not just fat, especially on his left foot and his upper body.