1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/9/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2012.

1. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I was talking about Harden throwing up terrible shots and dribbling too long. Lin is a little lost and also seem less confident perhaps that might be due to his not having his coaches green light like Harden. However, it's just not them, we just don't have a lot of offensive threat on this team so it makes it harder on both of them. I wish the coach would play a few other players like Smith and Jones.

2. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

free jeremy lin
    let him run the O not harden,,,,,,

3. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

4. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

screen , pick and roll
    are u listening mcfail.... ?
    play a simple team game,

5. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

free Lin!!

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I know some might not be, but I am very impressed with Omer. He does his job and is not a liability on offense like I thought he would be. A double-double kind of guy that does things stats do not show!

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

and rebounding defensively......

8. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

We need to create a free Lin petition like someone created one for Machado. LOL!

9. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

harden is not the number one option ,,,,, everyone on the court is,....
    and last, *** harden selfish ball, ballhog melo wanna be

10. maximus1234

maximus1234 Member

yup, and *** mcfail,,,, how the *** u tell your point guard to stand in the corner the whole game, that;s freaking high school O

11. atwood

atwood Member

if he can play at melo level, I wouldn't mind either. Unfortunately...:mad:

12. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Come on I like Lin also, but he hasn't been that impressive. He also was on the floor without Harden for many minutes tonight and still had trouble creating. He was being defended pretty well. The team just doesn't have a lot of consistent offensive options.

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Do u think Morey has any say on this? He isn't stupid. He liked what Lin brought to the table and must be seeing that Mchale is using him improperly. Shouldn't he talk to McHale to see what he is trying to do? I really do not like the regression of the team after the 3 day break.

14. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Just wanted to add, although Lin hasn't been that impressive I would still like him to be the main ball handler.

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

When Parsons was leading our bench players in the 2nd Q in the previous games, his +/- looked bad too. +/- is meaningful but not telling all the truth.

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

actually I saw that too. But i am beginning to think his ineptitude on offense is the product of McHale's schemes. He no longer has the free reign to create plays like he did under Dantoni and as such, looks like he is quite lost out there unsure whether to pass or to take a shot.

He is clearly lacking the confidence level he displayed with the knicks. I hope he figures it out soon. If he plays like he did the first 3 quarters again, I will lose my faith in him. Thus far, he has shown enough flashes for Lisanity to keep me honest.

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

http://bbs.hupu.com/4541094.html
    I posted this after the 1st game against Detroit.
    Can someone translate for me please?
    I will translate by GOOGLE here first:

Carefully looked yesterday the video game and recently some of his performance (including public training and competition performances dunk), I feel that he is now the first step up the problem is not too much, as long as the pick and roll well, like you can break through to the inside, but at the rim (rim) near complete (finish) there are significant decline, which has the following factors:

Main factors: left knee injury led to the accomplishment of left calf muscle atrophy, the force is not fully restored to the level of forest to mad period, when he habitually left leg stomp that pressure, causing the whole person agers not enough time is not long before he shot moment decrease casting action to adjust the space and time;

Secondary factors: upper extremity resistance capability of the summer to trim (whether he subtracted fat lean meat, beef human flesh), there is a certain reduced, how should I say? I said, in the process of air contact with each other to help defend players, he is easy to lose the kind of balance of the forest to mad period, which led to his shot point likely to deviate from his original comfortable position affect sight.

Again factors: the objective environment, the other to help defend the overall pay more attention to the protection tend to on Jeremy Lin breakthrough score, usually have at least 2 (the second game of the preseason, the Spurs and the Hornets even up to 3) recurrent closure this resistance LinShuHao projection; fact, last season, but after all, because most opponents are not familiar with the forest, so the number of times or less, when more meat than it is now more able ball inside or win free throws, 2 +1 lot.
    Way to improve the problem:

1, time. Only time can make the leg strength to slowly return to 100% (we are not hurt, come on, is power!);

2, teammates. Harden's arrival can be said to greatly reduce the Jeremy Lin left knee burden, I think, to restore the state of the forest for the purpose of any one current NBA players the Bi Hadeng more suitable for as Jeremy Lin backcourt partner the very reason simply because the Harden overall enhanced version of the forest is crazy, if you like, we can call it Hardinsanity or Beardsanity.

3, weight gain (from 212 to 202, 10 pounds less). This approach is very contradictory, because it is 11 in the summer of Gifted weight gain, makes the forest to be crazy to be sweeping across the world in the last season. But the consequences of doing so, but it is indirectly harm frequent operation with left knee meniscus, causing his season early reimbursement. Say, Jeremy Lin suitability of next summer off-season comes, to add some weight to re-adapt to the NBA's highest level of confrontation? I think this only by his own decision, the outsiders not suitable to too many opinions.

4, pass. Strengthen the skills level of the pass is the best method to deal with more than double team Jeremy Lin born to run fast, but also born with a short wingspan (6-foot-5-inch length can only say that the force compliance), how he threw himself find teammates to previously Rendui, advance through observation, the efferent pass my opinion, he is now most in need of improvement. Visible last season, his Novak degree of understanding very well (see Nick home when the Mavericks with 28 points and 14 assists), but it seems that in addition to the so-called Friends of the others are more likely to be his neglect He is more willing to a tendon ball break to the top of the head at the re-transmission of the camera brother. So, perhaps, he should talk to the squad pitcher interact more conflict points with the ability to protect the ball and make the right choice needs to continue to improve in the very high-speed breakthrough. In short, Jeremy Lin breakthrough too fast, what action is probably only thought in advance, this difficulty demanding. I have a proposal that he needs to slow down a little more than learning to use Parker, Ginobili and his teammates Harden usual European step to confuse opponents - a lot of time, a variety of special skills than an extraordinary physique was even more destruction.

18. sidestep

sidestep Member

If coach's plan is to stagger their time on the court so much, then EACH of them is going to have a hard time when they are on the court alone. If the defense can just focus on one player, it is easier to frustrate the offense.
    Even when they are on the court together, they are not spaced to capitalize on the other being an offensive threat. It's frustrating for me seeing this.

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

No I think this is fair. People brought up his +/- in the first game to back up his game so it should be used in this instance as well.

And i think it does accurately reflect his play in the game as he was crappy the first 3 quarters

20. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Thank you for pointed out Lin's fault and to be honest, I totally agreed and am not going to argue with you on that one, coz I'm not a bias fan.

Granted, he was suck for 3 quarter tonite. But I hope everyone in here also agree with me, at least he shown up (like always) in 4th qtr. Unlike harden, who suck for entire game.

So we must pick one from player side as our space goat for tonite slump, then its certainly not Lin, brotha.