1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the 2016 Presidential Nominees

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by white lightning, Nov 7, 2012.

1. redlawn

redlawn Member

Ok go do that. Have fun in your backyard bubble.

2. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Just remember, the damage will be irreparable so your best bet is to stay down there for 30-40 years. Afterwards it will be up to you and your family to repopulate the earth.

We're counting on you.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I guess I didn't get the memo.. ... ... I thought we were still calling Obama a dangerous Muslim extremist ... Really, I need more frequent memos.. No wonder my bridge partners gave me odd looks last week at the VFW lodge.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

5. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I appreciate the moral support. 30-40 years sounds good to me.

During that time, I plan on evolving into a higher lifeform capable of reproducing via mitosis. I'll repopulate the earth in no time by continually dividing. You can definitely count on me.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Warren v. Rubio : If Elizabeth can get anything done in the Senate or at least be on TV every Sunday telling Americans what needs to be done in the financial sector and why it's not getting done. She needs to own the bully pulpit.

#26 Dubious, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Further locks in the Latino vote, and Castro is the only cat I can think of that would make Hillary look tall. Seriously, I think this is a great ticket. President Obama would campaign his arse off for them. He owes the Clintons big time, although I don't think owing them, particularly Bill, would be needed for Barack to hit the trail for the ticket. The problem for Democrats is that I don't know if Hillary really wants to run. I don't doubt that Bill wants her to.

I don't particularly care who they run at this point. Hillary/Castro would beat them.

8. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

Clinton/brown man vs Rubio/white woman

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Hillary will be the favorite, but she will also be 69 at that point (same age as Reagan, though several months younger). Also playing a factor could be Bill's health. The race opens up if she doesn't run.

I think Ryan is the early favorite on the Republican side. I'm scared to death that Rick Santorum will actually win, though it could be good for the long-term since I think Rick would get stomped and it might help shut the religous right up, or at least for the party to tune them out more.

Huntsman is the guy for me, but I don't think he can win a primary.

10. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

I think it's difficult to be in the House and lead the ticket. Ryan will actually have work to do while the other guys start the next campaign yesterday. I'd also like to temper the man-crush for Ryan by noting Obama carried Wisconsin. I also don't like Ryan- he gives off a very disturbing Nazi vibe to me- but since I'm not a Republican that's not my choice.

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Julian Castro vs. Paul Ryan

I do not believe Hillary Clinton will run for President in 2016.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I want Rubio.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No way Santorum gets nominated. None of the Freak Show members from this year has a chance in 2016.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I predict the Republican field in 2016 will blow away the trash they offered up this year. They will choose someone who is authentically conservative (instead of a flip-flopping chameleon like Mitt) and isn't a lunatic.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What do you think Rubio brings to the table besides being Cuban?

15. juicystream

I only hope you are right, but he came too close in 2012.

We've got 3 years before they have to start getting serious, and hopefully they won't shun away John Huntsman again, or other candidates that aren't afraid to say something out of line with the rest of the party.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Huntsman love baffles me. Did anyone of the democrats on this board who want to pretend like they might vote Republican if it's a moderate actually watch the debates with Huntsman? He comes across TERRIBLE. Maybe he'll perfect it between now and then, but I doubt it. He forces awkward jokes, ignores questions, looks creepy when he makes points...

Huntsman may run but unless he becomes 100 times better at campaigning and speaking on television he's got no chance.

18. juicystream

I don't really care about the debates, and all Hunstman supporters pretty much know he doesn't have a legitimate shot.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hopefully by then, the tea party and it's ilk will be extinct, their fire out of the universe forever. Like the Reform Party.

I'd like to think (hope) that we don't know who the next rising star in the GOP is yet. Sort of like Obama, circa 2003.

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Dems: White guy w. working class cred and for vp a hispanic.

Repubs: Christie or a white guy who claims to read the Bible a lot and a minority preferably a woman (always like to have a high profile token) Maybe Condi, but Blacks are too aware to vote for the Repubs. Maybe Rubio or the Hispanic woman from NM..