1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At the game, McHale is not a coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

We need someone like Pop to drill fundamental in their head not another mike brown. These young guys gonna develop bad habits and lack of discipline

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We just need to work harder, try harder, and play harder."

lulz

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

No, it was three games. The Rockets haven't ran a play other than high pick and roll or iso ball. We aren't the Knicks. We need some backdoor cuts and some inside out play. Harden walking up the court and standing pat near the half court line has been effective so far, but teams will adjust, and Portland adjusted to us after halftime. Harden needs to work himself into the offense.

4. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

lol. Two games ago, it was "why is Morris in? McFail."

5. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

If Adelman were coaching Rockets tonight, we would have won. Trust me.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Even if Morris was in the game it wouldn't mattered. It's Lin and Harden that are creating every shot for the team. Morris and Patterson can't create on their own.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

They've had 2 days of practice since Harden came.

T

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I thought it was an 8 year extension. ;)

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

McHale is the worst coach in Rockets history I am sure of it. This guy is stupid when it comes to putting players where they are naturally comfortable in roles on offense and defense. He doesn't know when to play and sit certain players... this dumb a$$ doesn't even know who to play besides the guys Morey is paying big money to. But guess what I know who needs to be fired... Mchale's Dumb a$$!!!

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hasn't played any of the rookies :( wtf is this mchale thinking

11. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Hasn't played any of the rookies :( wtf is this mchale thinking[/QUOTE]

I don't know what Mchale was thinking. I would have played all rookies tonight.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is blatantly false. Marcus Morris is the third best isolation scorer on the Houston Rockets, with room to grow.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Let's see team has two practices with the new additions. I will see how the team does once it was more practices under their belts before wanting McHale out. You just knew from past Rocket's games that this game would be tough on b2b. Yes the Blazers also has a b2b but their advantage is that their team has been together throught out the preseason.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Morris can make a move to the basket off the dribble for himself and score from what I see he needs more playing time as does Terrance Jones. Motiejunas should play too but McHale wants to play veterans when the average age on the team is 23... Dude that's just stupid which specifically describes Kevin McHales philiosophy.

15. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

i dont see machale winning a championship with the ROCKETS mark that

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

And something else that needs to be said it doesn't matter how much practice you get in if Lin goes to the basket weak that crap is getting blocked. If Asik is not a scorer he's not a scorer and will miss lay ups we are going to have to realistically know our weaknesses and play to our strengths. That's where I have a problem with McHale he coaches as if our weaknesses don't exist and he doesn't know what the strengths are besides letting Harden go one on one.

17. AVP

AVP Member

I don't fault him for putting in the starters at the end of the game - that's what your starters, i.e. best players, should be doing during crunch time. I fault him for not calling time-out and run a proper play at the end of regulation.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That must be it, a hall of fame player that won championships doesn't know what a coach is supposed to do.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I disagree with this. He was playing solid defense on Dame the entire game. Dame had a decent game. He came alive in OT sure but prior to that he was spotty. Lin shouldn't have over helped on that play but the game shouldn't have gone to OT in the first place. McHale should have called at TO in that final possession. The coaches job is to put players in a position where they are successful. You can't have the youngest team executing an end of game possession without some sort of guidance even if we have a really talented back court of Lin/Harden. Harden shouldn't have done what he did in that final shot & Lin shouldn't have done that alley oop pass McHale should have called a TO. I don't blame anybody at all to be frank with you. This is a young team they are going to take there lumps.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Nah, right after the game Stern vetoed it.