1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

We'd be 3-0 if we had Lebron James too. Shut the faq up.

2. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

Had to grow through some growing pains tonight. We still need to learn how to play defense. We also need to play a few rookies. Need some fresh legs in their when our starters get tired. Hopefully we learned a lot tonight.

3. uncarved

uncarved Member

Seems like every possession in OT was Lin passing the ball to Harden at half court.

Yeah Lin got burned by going to help on every possession, but the way that every play on O and D seemed to go the same way every time, I'm putting most of the blame on the coach. You'd think that if the players were doing something the coaches didn't want them to do, there would be more action on the sidelines. Says to me that those plays are what McHale wanted.

Oh well, can't win them all. Three days to rest and learn from this.

4. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

I think Mchale instilled that pssy mentality to Lin. Lin always looked for his shot and was aggressive in NY, no matter how bad he was doing. Now Lin is just sitting on the 3 point line, but I think it has a lot to do with Mchale's coaching and his refusal to make Lin into a legit 2nd option. Then when harden's slumping/out of gas, he panics and trys to make Lin do his thing. ****ing dumass.

5. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

At least the loss came sooner rather than later

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

This is all Mchales fault for not playing Tjones and Montiejunas...Mchale wore Harden out after two games..:mad::rolleyes:

7. zzpot

zzpot Member

YES... we missed like 18 layups.... We got blocked at the rim a lot too.. 9 or 10 times.

We lost the game that's all there is to it.

8. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

As much as I want to put this on the players its this sort of game that shows Mchales shortfalls. Poor Coaching tonight, players were tired, so which means more bench use was needed. Donuts and Jones could of provided 10 mins between them. Even if you had to go big for 5 mins or so

Why wasn't there a timeout called on the last play? 20 seconds left so no shot clock. Perfect chance to call a timeout to setup a play.

9. Gil

Gil Member

Like I said pre-game. Lillard will be a Top 10 PG soon.

He already plays like a vet. Amazing composure out there today.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They should have stayed in the game longer. As the game wore on they were playing better than the starters who were bit tired looking IMO.

McHale has to understand 3 games in 4 games that sometimes you just have to rely on your bench win or lose.

11. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

This game is one the coach #1 and Asik #2

12. nono

nono Member

Ugh. McHale doesn't just know how to coach. I'm sorry guys, call it knee jerk or whatever. Just passing the ball to Harden hoping for him to bail us out every time is not going to work.

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

And they're both 2-1. No big deal, moving on. Just wish the third quarter didn't exist.

14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

New team, same ****. Can't play 3rd quarters for over a decade. How is that possible?

15. mirus

mirus Member

QFT,Sir

16. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Knowing how competitive Harden and Lin are. They will definitely bounce back from this game

17. Eps

Eps Member

back to the drawing board with those lay-ups mann!

18. dje243

dje243 Member

Even Scott Brown with the team he has called timeouts. They were WALKING down the court... there's really nothing you lose by calling a timeout and figuring things out. Another thing i've noticed is that we have very little off the ball movement in the regular season games. I understand we have Harden now but that doesn't make us ready to run the half court improv offense all the time. He can only run up the middle while everyone else stands around on the perimeter so many times before he wears out. He looked tired as crap out there.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really tough loss, especially considering that with proper officiating, we would be 3-0 right now. Oh well, on to the next.

There were numerous issues tonight but the main one was missed layups. Dear lord it was bad. Harden had a bad night and still got 22.

We will be fine just need some rest and time to gell.

20. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Don't be a homer, they never call that as long as you also got ball.

Lillard killed it in the 4th + OT.

Harden was off his game tonight.

Lin seems like he's got one hand on the edge of Linsanity and its disappearing fast.

Their defense was just a lot better than ours. That or our offense is worse than theirs. I think it's a little bit of both.