1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey: Apology Accepted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Chamillionaire

Yeah, but Gogi I think would have been worth it. We'll see what happens this year, Gogi's gonna blow it up this year.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Our best player <<<< their third best player

Your standards are too high, man. Only getting a LeBron or Dwight will please you. Calm down. We got the best of OKC. Period.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We seem to have very different ideas of what the Rockets were doing. I see the Rockets history segmented into eras with a particular strategy for success in each. If an era closes without a championship, I call it a failure. Failure isn't so bad: there's only 1 champion per year and 30 teams; but failure is still failure. The Barkley reload was a failure, the Pippen experiment was a collossal failure, the Francis years never got close to attempting to be a success, the Yao-McGrady era had the best chance of success but was cut down by injuries and was a failure, and the Scola/Martin gambit now is a failure too. Here's hoping Harden is the next key for success. Each era set the table for the next, but that doesn't mean you call it success if you win a championship 20 years later.

4. Grigori

Grigori Member

Ri...ght, let's not start anointing Morey an excellent GM until he shows that he can pull trades like that off.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You have to pay people at some point. I can't think of many more realistic options than a budding star with Finals and Olympic experience.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

its a great deal because harden is a better player than lamb is supposed to be. he's better than we could hope for form the toronto pick. and he's better than martin is now.

the fact is, he's an allstar level player. 3 of them and you're a contender. sure, we still have a long way to go. adding 2 more stars is not easy, but the first piece is in place. the max contract available next summer will hopefully help land #2. finally, lin and donuts have the potential to develop into the 3rd star, but if not, the rockets have a slew of young players that can be packaged for #3.

in short. are we back? not yet. but we are one step closer than we would've been without the trade.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I disagree. We're about three or four steps closer. :cool:

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I agree. I think this team can surprise some people with aggressive play and some defense.

I'm more excited about his year than I have been in years. A bunch of young players just coming into their own (Lin, Harden, Parsons, Asik) and a bunch of young guys with talent and something to prove (White, Jones, DMo, Machado, Morris).

Roll the ball out there and let them learn to play as a team, make mistakes but give max effort and improve through out the year, peak at the right time and get the world excited about Rockets basketball again.

This team is going to be fun to watch.

9. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Wrong. Easily a max player in today's NBA.

10. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

Bull****. You're ignoring the fact he wildly overpaid Lin.

Gogi pwns Lin on the court, lackey.

11. Toast

Toast Member

I seem to remember that the talk in the offseason was around landing TWO max contract players PLUS Lin/Asik.

No apology offered. Yet.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

That's like saying Morey has to hit a grand slam, a bases clearing triple isn't good enough.

1 person likes this.
  13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Alright, after seeing only a half of Rockets basketball, I apologize to Morey and I realise how grateful we should be for getting Harden. Without him, we would suck badly!

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bump. Leebigez sighting? Margrave?

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

16. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Breaking News: Daryl Morey finally does it!

Known for missing every possible deal available in God's green Earth, Daryl Morey snags James Harden.

We managed to get a hold of Morey earlier and here's what he had to say, "Suck it, b*tches! I'm not done yet!"

Asked how he felt during the game, he said, "That's why we (blanking) got him!!!!!" (referring to Asik's block) (Actually a real quote per Jason Friedman)

Stay classy Darly.

And that is all for today's news. Tune in next time in "Daryl Morey: Apology Accepted" Goodnight folks. GO ROCKETS!!!

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

good game by Harden but seriously comeon guys. Even if this does pan out to be great you can surely see the flaws in asking people to "apologize" after one game..

thats just being too shortsighted.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nobody is asking you to apologize after one game. I asked for apologies before this game was played.

I don't need one more game to tell me when there are enough OKC games to show me how good Harden is.

APOLOGY ACCEPTED!

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This thread is a fun read after a FANTASTIC night by our "non-max worthy" player :) I hope he continues to prove the haters wrong.

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

me too. :(