1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just let Lin turn the ball over more than 4 times and everything will be fine.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lorenzomax, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

There is a reason why Lin turned the ball over more than any starting PG per 36 mins BUT still had a better TOV% than Rondo, Rubio, Kidd and Nash.

[​IMG]

All of you must have known what these stats* mean if you did watch his games last season. #penetration #aggressiveness

It's been so annoying every single time that the media would like to mention his turnover number in each game he played. Hope this thread can be helpful to end this kind of BS. #overblown #mediaeffects

*stats were all collected from BR.

1 person likes this.
  2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

#uselesshashtags

2 people like this.
  3. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

edit :)

4. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Oh, maybe...

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really do hate hashtags in conversation. It's painful.

Anyway I'm not sure what you mean that everything will be fine if he turns the ball over 4+ times.

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Am I doing it right? #hashtag

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

FIFY.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

#hashtags rule #yolo #wordapp

9. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

:eek: Why? I don't understand this kinda hate... I think its fine. Especially for me , who is not good at expressing my points @ b-ball by English sometimes, it really helps me to remind ppl of what I don't know how to say...

Well...let me try...

As what I saw, many of Lin's turnovers were due to his aggressiveness towards the basket and his average passing ability...:mad: sorry, I failed. It just doesn't work sometimes. No excuse but I'm a Chinese fan.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I meant...even he turns the ball over 4 times a game, his teammates will still benefit a lot from his penetrations and aggressiveness. That's what we lack in the 3rd Q @ Dallas. No post game is another story though.

11. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Well the problem with turnovers is that at one point or another it's gonna cost the Rockets games. Point guards usually aren't supposed to have a high turnover to assist ratio. I know not everybody is Steve Nash but c'mon.

12. onreego

onreego Member

Or he could learn to do the same thing while creating less turnovers...

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Yup. Keep playing aggressively but take better care of the ball.

The TOs are not key to success.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is silly Lin himself said he needs to learn how to protect the ball better. TO's are going to happen and are to be expected but going into a game with the mentality that I want to have 4 TO's a game is silly. I doubt that is what Lin is thinking.

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Steve Nash actually doesn't have that great of an Assist to Turnover ratio.
    Lin needs to learn how to protect the ball like Chris Paul. He averaged a measly 2 TOs per game last season. :eek:

16. pnr

pnr Member

Easier said than done. Chris Paul is a superstar.

17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

dude you need to explain what these stats mean... some of these posters may not have graduated elementary school....

18. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I don't expect him to protect the ball like CP3 but he needs to look at how CP3 plays and protects the ball.
    I know people like saying that Lin has high bball IQ but he really does not have that great bball IQ. People seem to have that perception since he is Asian and graduated from Harvard but he makes terrible mistakes that lead to turnovers.

I still see him jumping in and getting trapped and making an errant pass that leads to a turnover. Mistakes like this are not pleasing to watch.:eek:

19. pnr

pnr Member

I think he does have good bball IQ, his PG instincts and skills are just not there yet. He needs to practice ball handling and reading defenses. I feel like he's going to have a lot of growing pains because he will be the main guy on the scouting report. I noticed in the spurs game that he was often double or even triple teamed and the paint was completely swarmed with spurs players. He needs to learn to pass to perimeter guys when he cannot get in the lane.

20. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Its tough to gauge his bball iq atm. I would say that he is probably above average but his bball iq is not "great" at least not yet. His movement seems dull which seems to be part of the reason why he had such a hard time in the Spurs game and why he had a harder time passing to the perimeter guys and getting buckets in the paint.

Hopefully he can get back to nba shape before regular season starts.