1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario Chalmers claims that he's a Top 10 PG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Aug 28, 2012.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I am a top 10 NBA point-guard - in the context of the Heat.

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He reminds me of Derek Fisher from the 3 peat days. Hes not a top 15 Point guard but just a solid role player who fulfills his role very well and clutch. You cant leave this guy open.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's having the Paul Pierce's delusional syndrome post-championship (remember when Pierce said he was the best player in the league after 2008).

4. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

definitely top 5 lol

5. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Every player in the pros, especially starters, should feel like they are one of the best.
    I would never want an unconfident player on my team.

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He wouldnt be able to start on any other team. He is lucky he has the big 3 to cover up his shortcomings.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Chalmers is damn good. Better than Jennings for sure. I'd put him over Miller, too.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Felt like he had huge potential when he came into the league. Past season and playoffs proved he can have big games where he carries a team in crucial moments. The problem is people won't see his potential when he's playing with three top 10 players and lets Bron/Wade do the ball handling for most of the time.

Imo it's not that far off to consider him in the top 10 for PGs, I guess he needs to sign with another team for people to recognize him more, although it's highly unlikely because he's the perfect puzzle piece for the Heat and has the shot at winning a ring every year there.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How does it feel when Noris Cole was doing better at certain times last seasons.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Def not better than Jennings and Miller would run circles around Chalmers in his prime.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Top 10 on his team.

12. ILoveTheRockets

Chalmers is a gamer. Plays tough defense and can run an offense effectively.

I would take Chalmers over Lin.

13. val_modus

val_modus Member

IDK about that, Chalmers fits in perfectly with what the Heat have where as Lin is a ball dominating play maker. Better player for his team? Sure... but as a point guard, play maker, and overall game changer, i think Jeremy Lin has the advantage.

14. jboger

jboger Member

Damian lilard

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think there's some self-help guru floating around the NBA telling players that if they want to be great, they have to be confident that they are great. And, that you can't be confident that you're great unless you tell people you're great. It's a magic trick to make yourself a better player by deluding yourself that you are.

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He`s definitely not a top 10 PG, but he`s a good PG to have when youve already got Lebron and Wade on the team. Hes clutch, and you need those clutch shooters when youve got superstars like Wade and Lebron to draw the double teams

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

18. thisiscaketown

This is the best comparison.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

no doubt about it he hits the big shot and big plays when needed. But when are you playing with lebron and wade, you arent the focus. Hes not even a good PG. How can you consider yourself a PG when you never control the ball.

All he does is wait at the top of the key, stop, pick up the ball and wait for lebron or wade to pass it to them.

He's more a jason terry player. Thats not a bad thing, but top 10PG. nah. hes a shooting guard in a pg body. and he wouldnt even crack top 20 in shooting guards.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Erick Dampier's delusion never made him great.