1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tech] Microsoft Event (6-18-2012)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 18, 2012.

1. SunsRocketsfan

the windows 8 version should be able to run any windows games. Might not run pretty though with out a dedicated graphics card.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Could do OnLive/Gaikai/etc. too.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol... start watching that video BeBop posted from 13:35 to about 14:25.

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

lol that made me really lol

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Pretty compelling. Looking forward to trying it out in person. Apple has finally been beaten to the punch on this innovation front.

I may go totally cross platform across devices in my house after this:
    workhorse computer - Macbook Pro
    tablet/light computer work - this
    phone - Android

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That would be me also.

:grin:

Lets hope there's a reasonable price for this thing.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL. Keep ****ing that Chicken MS.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N1zxDa3t0fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! :grin: Awesome.

That's what SHE said. :eek:

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

by the time this comes out..the buzz will be dead and gone. why can't companies announce a product and have it for sale in a reasonable amount of time?

[​IMG]

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ito1wxGy3_Q?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ito1wxGy3_Q?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Who could've predicted this thread would be invaded by Apple boys?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know people think Apple innovates, but it really doesn't...mostly it just is a good combiner of other people's tech - apple knows how to make stuff look cool, and market to the masses, but it hardly innovates.

DD

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, apple is basically just repackaging existing technology, that is good but it is not true innovation.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/201...-for-windows-rt-999-for-windows-8-pro-models/

Just as expected.

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'll believe that price tag when I see it. I was expecting $400-$600 for the 64GB Windows RT Surface.

No matter the price, I'll still hold out for the Windows Surface Pro.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

you can get a whole laptop for 400 bucks. My 1k 12in 3.5lbs laptop has a quad cores and gt650. I mean why would anyone pay a grand for surface, when you can get something pretty small with 4 to 5x as much power for the same price?

18. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Honestly, price-point is the only way the Surface is going to be able to compete. iPad dominates the tablet market (due to their app store as much as anything else, now), and Android is gaining ground (due to the success of ICS and now JellyBean, plus the growing success of the Google Play store). The keyboard smartcover is nice and all, but it's only a matter of time before Apple comes up with an equivalent, and the Asus Transformer Infinity already has a dockable keyboard that also doubles battery life, with a pixel resolution that approaches Retina standards. I just don't see room for three players in this fight unless MS does something game-changing, and price-point has to be it. Especially in light of asking people to adopt a completely new OS with a completely new UI.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I agree with a lot of what you said, but you lost me on the last sentence. Has anyone ever decided not to buy a new piece of tech because the interface is completely new and fresh? I actually think it's just the opposite and that Windows 8 will be one of the big things that attracts customers to Surface. There's always room for criticism, but it's hard for anyone to deny that the new UI is stunning, especially when compared to the competition.

20. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Which laptop is that?