1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

prime kobe v.s. prime LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by catch22, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Asian Sensation

Funny how 1 Championship can change the minds of so many. I don't think LeBron is finished winning rings by any means and he's a spectacular player but I think people forget how great Kobe was in his prime. In my opinion the combination of LeBron finally winning his first ring and Kobe already on the downside of his career has changed the perception of many. If the Celtics would have taken care of business in game 6... many people would be singing a different tune. If you rewind the clock 3 years and Kobe is still at the top of his game then it wouldn't even be an argument.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This made me hungry

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

34 year old Michael Jordan

4. gambingo

gambingo Member

1v1? Kobe

Team game? Lebron unless you want to compare the current Heat squad to 2000-2002 Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Grant, Harper, Horry, Shaw, Fisher, and Fox. Those Lakers squads would wipe the current Heat.

5. clippy

clippy Member

LeBron would destroy any version of Kobe 1 on 1. He's way too big and a much better defender as well.

6. catch22

catch22 Member

i doubt Lebron could score 81 points in a game

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lebron is the only right answer. It's not even up for discussion.

8. jvu

jvu Member

Are you kidding? Comparing Kobes teammates to Lebron? Wade battier chalmers bosh now ray Allen. Crazy. But I agree Lebron shares the rock unlike kobe

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I doubt Kobe could average 50 FG% for one season, while averaging 7 assists per game and play against the other team's best wing player.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

So do you think these groups of player are scrub lineups, such as:

Shaq, Campbell, Jones, Fox, Kersey, Horry, and Jones.
    Shaq, Rice, Horry, Fox, and Fisher.
    Shaq, Malone, and Payton.
    Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest/Ariza.

Moreover, I think you kind of missed the point, because I wasn't comparing the two lineups. But mostly, exchanging Kobe for Lebron on past Laker squads.

It's also funny how you neglected LeBron's Cleveland teams.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Should've had a poll. But, I'd take Lebron everyday of the week. Better at everything except scoring, better defender and more versatile, better paser, rebounder, more versatile offensively. Kobe can play 2 positions, Lebron can play 4.

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

It's strange, I'd def take LBJ, but not have him be the alpha on my team. I'd still need someone else with on court presence like Dwade or Rose. Same deal with Kobe, except I'd need a veteran vocal leader to solidify the locker and huddle.

The second one is easier to obtain imo

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe the OP is strickly talking about Elite players, you know, MVPs, Finals MVPs, Champions.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

He doesn't need to.

15. seyton

seyton Member

We don't know what a prime Lebron is so how is it even possible to try to answer the question?

16. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Just remember the equation:

[​IMG]
    Seriously it's LeBron.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Physically? Lebron
    Mentally? Kobe

It's hard to compare because they play different positons. Kobe is a shooting guard. His job is to shoot and score points. He does it pretty well. The small forward position is a little less clearly defined but Lebron plays it pretty well.

18. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

He didn't have 2nd highest payroll in the league and he didn't play in leastern league, where 50 wins earned you 2nd seed.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

If he had Kobe's selfish mentality, with his effienecy i would bet scores more

LeBron just isnt that kind of player

LeBron had 45 againist Boston in Game 6.. with 8 minutes remaining in the game. If LeBron wanted to gun for 80 points im sure he could do it.. also Kobe had no assists in that 81 point game, whens the last time you saw a game where LeBron had 0 assists

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Lebron is better at everything except scoring flashy like kobe. Kobe makes it look pretty. Lebron just gets it done efficiently. I think Kobe is a top 5 sg of all time, but honestly, he was probably the best player in the NBA for 1 or 2 seasons of his career.