1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

I don't have reliable info on this, but quick searches suggest that Shaq's hand length is approx. a foot whereas MJ's hand size is about 10 inches, in line with Yao's hand size. So, that is still a significant difference.

2. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Yeah, grabbing players by their hair and throwing them to the floor isn't too bad. Now at least you know how Kidd's wife felt. :eek:

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

It wasn't intentional. Lol. But seriously Lin needs to preserve his body. I am happy to know he is working on all those things I mentioned so decrease the hard hits he takes. He should also consider wearing pads around his chest and midriff to protect from hits and such.

4. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

You can't "unintentionally" grab someone by the hair. smh

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

How can he protect himself from landing on the back of his head by wearing pads on his chest?

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

He should wear a helmet as well.

I wasn't speaking exclusively about this play but just in general because of his attacking style he probably gets elbowed around the midriff and chest. Honestly, why are we having this discussion in the first place lol. My fault I shouldn't have started it. It is pretty trivial.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He hit him on the head after getting a piece of the ball and lin fell. You will see it as worse than it actually is because in your mind, kidd did something really dirty. In reality, it was just another hard foul magnified because jeremy lin was involved.

I didn't see "hair" pulling.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

It doesn't even look like he grabbed his hair to be honest. It is alright. Royce White will be there to get into Kidds grill if he does it again. That is, if Kidd is still alive and not wrapped around a telephone pole.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

It looks like he striked his forehead and Lin's head just snapped back. It doesn't look like he grabbed Lin's hair at all. His hand may have brushed over Lin's hair but he didn't yank it.

10. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Kidd aimed for the head which part of your eyes can't see it?

11. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

do more research , watch more slow mo vids on utube.

12. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

This is slow mo of Kidd grabbing some hair.
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7cFGPmMKH-M?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7cFGPmMKH-M?version=3&amp;hl=zh_TW" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

13. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

at 0:25 -26

14. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Total BS. You obviously didn't watch the video. At :40-:42 sec. you CLEARLY see Kidd's hand close and GRAB Lin BY THE HAIR. This is indisputable. It is IMPOSSIBLE TO GRAB HAIR "UNINTENTIONALLY."

Oh, and Kidd pushes Lin in the back with his other hand, flattening him out, thus bringing his head down, AND pulling out his legs from underneath him. JKiss is a ****ing scumbag.

Oh, and nice move by Lin's teammates sticking up for him. And the refs too for calling that flagrant.

I'm being sarcastic in case you didn't watch the video.

15. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

There are multiple videos which offer incontrovertible proof. Look at :40-:42 seconds of the video I cite. Kidd obviously grabs and pulls lin's hair. It's not in my mind, it's in the video.

16. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Dialtone's video offers a close up of the hair grab and pull at :26 sec. in.

17. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

I'm still curious as to how roxxy believes Lin can protect himself from having his head thrown to the ground and his legs pushed out from beneath him by wearing chest pads.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. You missed my post above post.

"He should wear a helmet as well. (this is a joke)

I wasn't speaking exclusively about this play but just in general because of his attacking style he probably gets elbowed around the midriff and chest. Honestly, why are we having this discussion in the first place lol. My fault I shouldn't have started it. It is pretty trivial."

19. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

LOL? You're too chickensh-- to acknowledge that you were wrong--Kidd deliberately, intentionally grabbed him by the hair and threw him to the ground.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I watched the video again. The slow mo one thanks for the upload. Honestly it is hard to tell conclusively but I hear you. But honestly what does it really matter. He is no longer a Knick and the Rockets will stick up for him. This is in the past. Everybody and there mother knows Kidd is an ass. I still find it hard to believe that Kidd would want to do physical harm to Lin purposefully considering that Kidd has been nothing but supportive of him. The Rockets are only playing the Knicks twice next season and Kidd is a back up guard so he may not even be on the floor when Lin plays. Kidd may not even be alive for those games lol.