1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you really want Dwight Howard??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Why do you really want Howard???

Poll closed Aug 11, 2012.
  1. Superstar presence in the City!

81.7%
  2. Easy to associate him as a name!

13.6%
  3. I don't know why

15.7%
  4. Just to have more National Televised Games

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. underdog7

underdog7 Member

sorry, "to me"

[Wish we could edit our posts]

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want him, he will just make it take longer for us to ever put a contender on the floor - we don't need rentals. We need people who want to stay here.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Morey could pull that off for Dwight, then all our future picks are theirs. But he won't.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Together they will.

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

To each its own....I'm just saying everybody in the NBA is considered a superstar by bloggers, reporters and analyst alike but its just thrown around too much. I betcha somebody thinks Rudy Gay and Kevin Love are superstars but what have they done to warrant such recognition.

6. supa

supa Contributing Member

So your strategy is to duplicate the Pistons who are the only team in the past 20 years to win a championship without a legit superstar? I think the odds are better of Dwight staying if we pull off a trade that duplicating that team.

1 person likes this.
  7. supa

supa Contributing Member

That's not what I asked. I don't consider Gay a superstar or Love a superstar yet. The question was do you consider Duncan a superstar?

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

You are right the term superstar is highly media driven. Notwithstanding, Love is a tremendous talent he does play for the Olympic team. Duncan is a future HOFer which is a lot more prestigious than the word superstar.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Postbadlee thought last year squad could win 2 titles. Not even worth arguing with him. I'm saving your time and frustration.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course everybody is considered a superstar. We already have superstars on the Rockets! :eek: Who knew?!

:rolleyes:

I betcha(no, I know) somebody thinks Donatas Motiejunas, Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, and Terrence Jones are superstars but what have they done to warrant such recognition?

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Where's the option for his play / strengths solving most of the problems this team has faced in the last few seasons - A dynamic defender / shot blocker , great rebounder and an inside scoring presence.

Tho you have to take the strengths with the baggage .... I think what he brings on the court is greater than the negatives off of it.

Im really torn .... Dont know if I want to trade away the young guy's and other assets for him or not ..... Main reason being his injury. Without that , I think its a no-brainer to take the best player at the position in the NBA over potential. With that injury ..... that decision is like flipping a coin.

12. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Yes Duncan is a superstar because he is a exceptional talent...but he is the only true superstar on the Spurs...Parker and Manu are very good role players they could have been replaced but them three fit so well...but on Howard its trading away young talent for a year rental aka blaze f glory season....now if we get him and we win a championship I will be the first to apologize but as of right now I don't want him on this team....if the Magic was smart as an organization I would of traded him after he opted in last year so I know this would have been somebody else problem but that's just me

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

You are underrating Parker and Manu. They are a lot more than very good role players.

14. supa

supa Contributing Member

I agree Duncan is a superstar. Superstars win championships. Can you name another one that we can get in the foresable future? The odds of one of our rookies becoming a true superstar are much smaller than that of Dwight staying if we trade for him. Hence, why we should do the deal and then fit very good role players, as you say around Dwight.

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Don't want Dwight. Hope we never get him. I'm all for the OKC model of building from the ground up - with players that are actually somewhat likable.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Therein is the rub. Lakes have little to offer yet seem poised to land DH12. Rox cannot pay DH12 'assets' to acquire Drew. So, how does a deal get worked to every party's satisfaction? I guess that's why the Dwightmare carries on ad nauseum.

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I can't give you a name but I rather give five guys with potential to be all star type players a chance to be something than giving someone who is inconsistent on which team he wants to go to but consistent on which team he doesn't wanna come to!!! But that's just me

18. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

so why does the Spurs still win games when Parker and Manu are out cause Pop found players that fit the system by simply plugging and pasting players in

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We need Dwight to appeal to African American fans.

20. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Best center in the league. I hate his guts and his character and I doubt I will ever like him but he is the best center in the league end of story. Its a shame Greg Oden had glass knees. He could have surpassed Dwight and he is more likeable.