1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Orl meet with mavs about Dwight, orlando also prefers lakers offer over rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11champs, Jul 31, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Bahahaha! He'd be super raging. Dude has a serious fetish for rookies.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

OK, so where would he sign next summer? You tell us.

As far as the latter comment, what does that matter? This is about what Rob Hennigan wants, not what Dwight Howard wants. The vast majority of sports trades, believe it or not, are done without players' knowledge or consent. They're made to fill roles in specific organizations. Players are initially upset all the time. They get over it.

When Dwight Howard is a free agent, your "stalking" analogy would make sense. As it is, it's completely off base. This is about Rob Hennigan and the Orlando Magic.

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Doesn't matter if it is a bluff or not. I believe the rox is already all-in, other than the necessary assets to keep Howard.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better than being a rejection junkie.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Magic trying to scare Houston into upping their offer. That's all any of these "reports" are about. I don't see Bynum wanting to leave LA for Orlando. Orlando doesn't want to trade for a disgruntled Bynum (queue up the Bynumare). They want a fresh start with the old guys gone and young pieces to develop; and that can't happen without Houston.

6. monster

monster Member

This is getting silly. Time for Morey to downgrade our offer a little more. Let Orl know that they need to make a deal soon if they're going to. I'm confident that Dwight will leave at the end of the season...he's shown that common sense isn't his strong point. Make a final offer to ORL and tell them to take it or leave it.

1 person likes this.
  7. The Cat

The only thing Dwight has shown (opting in, targeting Brooklyn or LA) is that squeezing out every penny is of utmost importance. His actions are actually very sensible, when you look at it from the lens of "how can I get the most possible money?". Every action he's actually taken has jived with that premise. That's why the Rockets aren't buying the Dallas bluff.

8. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Article verbatim:

The Dwightmare continues, with no signs of letting up. The Mavericks met with the Magic last week to discuss the situation, but Dallas simply does not have the assets needed to make a trade of this magnitude. Orlando reportedly prefers the Lakers offer centered around Andrew Bynum to all the others, but that has been assumed for months now.

Reportedly prefers? assumed? just another empty article with no substance or anything new to offer.

Bottom of that article from that link states:

Via Mike Fisher, FoxSports
    Meanwhile, FOXSportsSouthwest.com has learned that Nelson and Hennigan visited last week about a Dwight Howard trade. But …

"There's just not much there (in terms of a Mavs-Magic trade to be done in 2012),'' Nelson tells us.

An NBA source tells DallasBasketball.com that Orlando believes its offer from the Lakers is the superior one (it can involve Andrew Bynum).

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Howard to the Utah Jazz?

ESPN's Chris Broussard reports today that multiple sources have informed him that Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard took a huge dump this morning. In a private text message to Broussard, Howard texted "dropped a huge deuce." Because of the enormous amount of fecal matter involved, sources seem to suggest Howard will sign with the Utah Jazz.

[​IMG]

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Whatever. If they prefer the Laker's offer, then get off the pot and pull the trigger.

At some point, you'd think the media would realize that the Orlando FO is every bit too blame for this fiasco as Dwight, if not more so.

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I'm over it. I would like Dwight, i was excited about it, but i do believe Morey has set his limit and will not go above it. Either way it will be good for the team. We either get to develop the rooks and have two lottery picks next year, or we get Howard for somewhat of a bargain.

12. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

I don't believe DH knows where he will sign next year. But with the lack of character he has shown to this point, I would rather him not even thionk of signing with the Rockets.

And as he has stated on many occasions, he wouldn't sign with the Rockets.

As for this being about "Rob Hennigan and the Orlando Magic", funny, I thought it was DH demanding the trade.... hhhmmmm... Are you sure you are following the correct NBA drama...

So my point is, the Rockets should do exactly what the Nets did.... MOVE ON... regardless if it's DH throwing a fit OR it's "Rob Hennigan and the Orlando Magic" revisiting their options. MOVE ON....

13. The Cat

Actually, he hasn't stated it once, much less "many occasions". The thing with Dwight is that he's actually extremely predictable. It's not a "lack of character". He just wants every dollar he can get. Every single action he's taken has been consistent with that. That's why he wants Brooklyn or LA this year, by trade.

Dwight demanded a trade to Brooklyn. He's not there now, is he? All Dwight can do is ask to be traded, which he has. From there, it's completely in Orlando's hands as to what works for them.

The only reason the Nets moved on was because they had to or they'd potentially lose Lopez and Humphries for nothing. That and the fact that Orlando had zero interest in their offer. Otherwise, they'd be right there in the mix along with the Rockets, Lakers and whoever else. Neither of those two scenarios is the case with the Rockets. As long as Howard is available and the Magic are showing interest, the Rockets have zero reason to "move on".

14. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

No need to downgrade as our offer is already probably pretty low.

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

love how the media twist things around for their own agenda.. NY media is the worst... followed by Dallas, then Chicago.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

wished we could force Dwightmare to play in Europe

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

What if, three years from now, we have a single almost-all-star and two or three really good role players? There's no guarantee those rookies will develop into stars, even if they did look really good against borderline NBA players in meaningless summer league games. Will you still be proud after a few losing years with little hope in sight?

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if i was a troll, and had no life, i would just make up rumors all day and post them on clutchfans because the range of reactions it elicits is very entertaining. Nothing to see here folks.

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Link or it didn't happen

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

ok a few things here...

1) Will Bynum resign with ORL? Big gamble on ORL's part. If he walks, then they are stuck with a mid-round pick and some overpriced contacts to rebuild with. It will set them back a couple of years before the true rebuilding can begin.

2) Will Bynum's knees last? An even bigger gamble. Sign him to a max 5 year contract and kaboom go the knees. 5 more years before you can rebuild. Try selling tickets during that time.

3) Can the Lakers even take 1 bad contract off ORL's hands? I don't think so.

4) Can the Lakers give them any good picks? Nope.

Morey is just holding on his best offer.