1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

No I don't think Goran has peaked.

2. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

I take this article with a grain of salt. Mc Hale isnt in the rockets long term plans so win win if you ask me if its true.

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It's Official: The Dog Days are here!

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Dragic is better than Lin, no one is arguing that. Lin has more potential. It is doubtful Dragic can sustain 19-10 player of the week numbers all season.

Simplest way I can break it down: Dragic is at best a third or fourth option on offense, and Lin is at best a third or fourth option. Both of them are average defenders at best.

The Rockets usually do not pay for potential and the only reason they went with Lin is because of the market be brings with him. Smart financial move, so-so basketball wise.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lin averages 1.4 steals per 19 minutes career. That's a sample size of 64 games, starting in almost half of those games. There's room for hope.

6. SuraGotMadHops

Clotheslining Kurt Rambis

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You fail at memory.

8. Machado

Machado Member

Coaching the Rox has to be like coaching the Dallas Cowboys. Do it Jerry's way (in this case, Les's way) or get out of town.

McHale should be given the freedom to build the team the way he'd like, as all coaches should.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

He ranked 5 in steal percentage amongst all starting pg's this season I believe. And this season he had 1.6 STPG that puts him top 10 in the NBA among all guards from what I remember. He needs to get his conditioning up this year. That was the thing that really held him back. He would make sloppy passes and silly turnovers cause he was tired or he would take possessions off on the defensive end or would have no lift in his legs.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Here, the Dog Days are..........."Yoda"

11. vince

vince Member

It's a rebuild situation (we Rocket fans are not delusional)... who cares who the coach is!!! I suspect this much, whoever is the coach this season won't be the coach when the team playing in it's next playoffs.

McHale realizes he's just a pawn in the greater plan of Morey!!!

Poor McHale, he goes from being the supreme authority in Minnesota to being just another asset...

But I do like McHale, he's got guts. He has a golden opportunity to show the world he is truly a superior coach. But if he does entertain these thoughts about personnel moves, it's better he quit and go play golf with Larry Bird.

12. dmoneybangbang

LOL @ Mchale haters coming out.

It was one frickin' year. No one ever touted McHale as some offensive guru, but as a coach who could develop talent. He did "ok" (in my opinion) with what he had. I certainly have higher expectations for him as a coach, better decision making, but I'm not ready to crucify after one frickin year.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

A lot of rounding up in this post in favor of McHale. I don't recall Kevin ever starting a game with a 6'6" center. The Rockets' goal was to make the playoffs last season. If you don't think they could have easily done that with another season of Rick and a lot of the same players/system, plus the 7-footers Morey gave McHale, then I don't know what to tell you.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yes I do. The 70s were pretty rough on me and the 80s was just a continuation.

I. was. wrong.

15. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

If there was a coach like Popo willing to sign with the rockets, I don't think McHale is our head coach at this moment.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Mike Budonholzer. He is the assistant coach to the Spurs. Not saying that I don't want McHale. Just saying that he is a coach that has worked with Pop.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The 6'6" center was arguably one of the two most important guys on the 10-11 team. The Rockets' record was rather bad when Chuck sat.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Folks continue to repeat the "6'6" center" punchline yet fail to mention how he was a better player for us than the 7' Dalembert.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's kind of funny how no one thought the Kings were tanking when they let Dalembert go to sign Chuck Hayes. And no one thought when we signed Dalembert that he was going to make a true difference to our defense over Hayes. And even in the offseason, no one here batted an eye when the Rockets essentially traded Dalembert for basically moving 2 spots up in the NBA draft from 14 to 12.

Yet when it comes to McHale, Dalembert gets mentioned as reason number 1 why the Rockets are suppose to be great defensively? If so, why weren't people making gazillion complaining threads when we let him go for virtually nothing?

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

When I compared the coaching candidate list who applied for the rockets and the lakers, I was upset.