1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Good news for the Rockets. I'm really sick and tired of hearing Orlando Magic making news out of nothing, it seems like they are whoring attention. I think the Rockets will be blessed to keep the rookies and see their numbers better than expected. When you are on the floor in major minutes, your stats will go up unless your D.Rodman, or B.Wallace who doesn't know how to score, or shoot FTs.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

bluff
    2    [bluhf]
    verb (used with object)
    to mislead by a display of strength, self-confidence, or the like: He bluffed me into believing that he was a doctor.
    to gain by bluffing: He bluffed his way into the job.
    Poker . to deceive by a show of confidence in the strength of one's cards.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

'Good deal' is a relative term. For Hennigan it means enough so that the fans and the owner don't think he got taken. But the reality is he will only get what Morey wants to give him. Morey will hardline him till he cracks and then give him a small concession. Then everbody is all smiles.

*this is the way negotiations go in real life too, if you guys are making an offer on a house or something. You lose when you aren't the one willing to walk away.

#223 Dubious, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

That is the absolute best Morey should offer without seeing him play significant minutes. Morey would be crazy to give up our rookies or take back their crap for an injured player.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'll go, Martin+Morris+ 3 future picks (Dallas Toronto and the Cha 2nd.) + Richardson and Duhon

* better call me while we have unguaranteed contracts or there is just no way under the rules we can get you some cap relief

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

lol @ anyone who thinks Dwight f***ing Howard is only worth Martin + Morris + picks.

The deal will probably look similar to this:

Martin + Lamb + Jones + TOR pick + DAL pick

and we will take back probably 2 bad contracts as well.

7. what

what Member

Rival executs? Who is even interested in trading for Dwight? Morey is Morey is Morey. So they called up Morey and said:

[​IMG]

8. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I would go Martin, Lamb, Tor pick, and Morris for Howard, JRich, and Turkoglu. I include Turk because I think Morey will need that contract to deal for another player.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Martin, Morris and picks for the best center in the NBA? This isn't nba 2k! Orlando's GM isn't r****ded as well. Come on fellas be realistic.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, maxed out Brook Lopez, picks
    Andy Varejao, picks

Barely beat it. ;)

11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I´d say Martin, Morris, PPat and 3 1sts should definetly do it, if we also take back bad contracts. They get a great expiring contract, 2 promising young talents, a guaranteed lottery pick and 2 more firsts.

Not only the value of the player determines the price, but also the market. And no other team could get an offer even close as good as ours. Cap relief, talents and picks... you can`t ask for more.

We might have to switch PPat for Jones or White... but I`d say Lamb, DMo and Parsons are untouchables. Build around

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    DMo
    Howard

otherwise the gamble and all the drama is not worth it.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

LMAO... Wow your desperate, and like I said before, in a negotiation, you'd get raped.

1 person likes this.
  13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Why outbid ourselves? You have to barely beat anyone elses offer... He wants out regardless.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

coachbadlee? you guys have always sounded like the same person.

Anyway, that's a fair deal. Actually, I think that's exactly what Morey wants to give up. But Orlando wants either Parsons/Donuts or both...which isn't obviously happening.

15. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

This posturing that Orlando is doing does baffle me in the way that I would think that they would want to get this resolved so that they can move on and complete their roster before the season starts. Free agents will soon become very slim and unless you are an organization that is good at evaluating trash heap talent it would be difficult to find decent players.

Then again, maybe they know what we don't know in the fact that Houston is not taking back many of their bad contracts if any in a trade and they don't need to look for talent. Or that they don't care to find talent since they would be in definite rebuild mode once Dwight is gone.

Or is everything in a holding pattern for D-Mo to be tradable? Who knows. This trade scenario is very hard to speculate on. Usually we all have a pretty good idea of what the main pieces are and the basic structure of the deal but this one proves to be slightly difficult to nail down with any certainty.

Let us hope it just gets resolved soon one way or the other so that we can go ahead and make other moves to finalize our roster.

I just read over this post and realized I brought nothing new or original to the table. Oh well we have hundreds of pages of regurgitated Howard crap on here anyway so my little spiel has little affect.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

First of all, Hell no!

Secondly, NO its not a fair offer. Why in the **** would you outbid yourself?

Just offer slightly better then the next best offer. IMO our guaranteed lottery pick alone get's that done.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Orlando will trade D12 soon. No way they wait till the season starts. If D12 is still rehabbing by then and therefore not physically ready to play, their leverage goes down significantly. They are not going to take that chance.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i'm intrigued with Rudy Gay..by the way, is he really available?

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cmon man. We're talking about the top 2 or 3 player in the league. Martin, Jones, Lamb, picks is what it's going to take. The problem is those greedy [curse word] want more.

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

No, he is under contract til 2015 and close to max contract.