1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macho87

macho87 Member

LOL at these non athletes comparing their bodies and back injuries to a 26 yr old world class athlete.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

If the Magic are serious.... ugh.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I never said it was the same although I had the same surgery as him on two different disc eight years apart from one of the top neurosurgeons in Houston. Have you ever had back surgery? If you haven't then you don't have a clue. What I am trying to say is we need to see him play before committing a bunch young talent and taking on bad contracts. We need to see him play significant minutes to know for sure. We would be much better off waiting until the trade deadline. The last thing we need is to be hamstrung with an injured big man. We just got out of that situation.

1 person likes this.
  4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL. Broussard is such a tool. The deal for Orlando will only get worse if they don't trade him now. Morey will sign or trade for somebody else, limiting the ability to take on salary and Orlando will be staring at Brooklyn or LA's ugly deals..and we will then have to help them take Bynum off their hands....if we indeed still want him (I don't).

Orlando is going to trade Dwight before training camp. It's just a matter of time. Most likely deal will be this week or next.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Hysteria does not fit you well.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

Have you ever had a back injury that requires surgery?????? If not then you sir have no clue.

7. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Brian Fritz ‏@BrianFritz
    I call shenanigans. RT @Chris_Broussard: Magic telling rival execs they may not trade D12. Story up on http://es.pn/NHe8Yy

8. macho87

macho87 Member

Then why are the rooks unsigned?

9. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
    "@Original_Gio: So this report about Magic waiting, leverage to get best deal?" It advances a story that hasn't advanced. We'll see talks.

10. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I have been of the same mindset for a couple of weeks now.

Just told my brother as early as Wed and probably no later than Friday.

But, between the Hennigan is on vacation and Broussard pimping the Orlando posturing, I'm starting to even doubt myself.

Again, ever seen anything like it.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

are you serious :mad:

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

"Back surgery" is such a broad term...you cant just throw that around and apply it to every single person.

The Rockets have access to the best doctors in the world...I dont think they would be willing to sacrifice so much, as well as hundreds of million of dollars, if they werent mostly certain that he could get back to his pre-injury days.

13. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

lmao Truu 2 chainz voice.

14. macho87

macho87 Member

Have YOU ever been in the physical condition of dwight howard?

15. liveguy

liveguy Member

You think he opted in because he knew that he would need to have back surgery and didn't want to go into free agency this season being seen as damaged goods and get lower than max money?

Makes sense as to why he opted in for another year to ensure he gets the max.

I SEE now!!

He wants the MAX!

He loves money!

He will do anything for it!

But wait....cant ORL just give him that max?

They're will too i'm sure, huh?

I say screw DH and make him play with the Rox even though he doesn't want to.

Eff him!!!!

He has NO right to want to play where he wants to and we should make him aware of that!!!!!!! !!!!!

He'll change his mind right? :rolleyes: pffffffft

lol

16. cml750

cml750 Member

Makes sense since I have heard on here he is guaranteed to resign with the team that has him at the end of the season. Why would they trade him?????

17. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

No need to panick. We're in a position of power here, have all the time in the world, and can wait this thing out if it's what Morey really wants. The clock will soon be ticking on Orlando, as it's a done deal that they can't and won't take this thing to training camp. Lakers may lose interest, but it's not like they can do a two team deal with them anyway. If Rockets say "we're not trading for Dwight, nor facilitating a trade", Orlando will come running back like schoolgirls after a break up.

18. claydavis

claydavis Member

It does confirm what the Dwight people fed reporters, ,magic not interested in trading him. Think hennigan is taking the ujiri example from the Menlo deal too literally. Just wait forever and you get what you want. Not smart here

19. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Too many burned bridges. Toxic situation there.

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

And in other news....my season ticket executive told me that a lot of ppl are calling to get there season tickets now....who cares about Dwight "Suck Thumb" Howard anymore;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.